Give Murphy the job

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Give Murphy the job

Post by LE18 »

I think this will all end very messily for Geordan, I don't think he is up to being in charge and for a man of 20 years service, this is not going to end well for him, be it sooner or later, I wish him well and hope for the best, I don't think he should have accepted the role as he clearly lacks the experience and is too nice a man.
tigerssteve

Re: Give Murphy the job

Post by tigerssteve »

ellis9 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:05 pm
BFG wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:03 pm
ellis9 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:37 am

The people that ask for coaches to be sacked, generally don't. They never give names of who we could get to replace a sacked coach and then usually respond with "It's not my job to appoint a new one" not realising that it's not their job to sack the coach either but it doesn't stop them suggesting it.
I could suggest McCall, folk would likely say that we would stand no chance of getting him, but how do we know if we don't try and not hard enough!
There are plenty of high quality coaches about all over Europe who are on an upward curve, putting a high quality group together is the biggest hurdle and neither the desire or the nous to do so would appear to be evident enough here!
The other big mistake Leicester are making is that they are securing the players before the coaches, it should be vice versa, the coach comes before the player, and then the player will be the right fit!
You've named one coach. You glossed over others by saying "there are plenty of high quality coaches all over Europe" so who are they?

Also, how do you know we haven't tried hard enough to get McCall?

Criticism of fans for not naming replacement coaches is rather odd, especially when linked with the claim that the response is it's not my job to replace etc etc. Is the argument that unless one has a ready made replacement the opinion is not valid? I think Putin is a dangerous mad :censored: and should be replaced but no idea who by! I think Trump is a dangerous mad :censored: and should be replaced but no idea who by! Does that mean that the opinions are not valid? One doesn't necessarily need to know the answer to ask the question.