Attendance today

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: Attendance today

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:07 pm 13:00 Sunday K.O. Very family friendly.......
I agree. Sunday kick offs are never ideal for many, particularly travelling with kids. Had it been a 1500 kick off we'd probably have gone using the "kids for a quid" offer. With a 1300 kick off this was completely impractical as being a Sunday it's mini's rugby until late morning...

One for the marketeers to think about perhaps.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Attendance today

Post by Smudge »

I travel from Gosport to home games and attend away games in London and the south of England.
My wife and family don't understand why I do it as Tigers games are more often than not on the telly and
what is more, you get a better view of the play with replays. I go to meet up with two old team mates and it has
become a habit over the years. If the weather is good I fly up. My attendance is a reflection of my support and affection for Tigers and rugby, in general. I greatly enjoy the company of my pals who I have known since we were teens.
So imagine how I feel when we turn into the rubbish we have lately. It has happened before of course and over the years. Even the best of our teams have played poorly. Who can forget the drubbings by Bath and Glasgow?
My point is, there are some of us who will still attend if we were playing in Div2 We are Tigers to the core but not everyone has our zeal and attachment for the club and there are many other places they can put their ticket money or just watch it on TV.
So the club needs to tackle the problem (did I just say that) urgently or we will be cheering in an echoing stadium like we did in the 50s.
A life long Tiger