Dear Murphs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ashurstwoodtiger

Re: Dear Murphs

Post by Ashurstwoodtiger »

I notice WWF are running a Save The Tiger (s) campaign so looks like a worldwide hunt is on
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Was Boyd the brains though or Plumtree?!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:34 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:22 pm Absolutely agree! As for being unstable,a top DOR would fix it! It's in their arsenal,that's why they are top DORs lol
I disagree - look at what's happened at Stains. They have a top DOR from the SH and they're below us in the table.
Yes, perspective is required. There are other teams worse off than us (incredible isn't it?), how can Murphy be judged until and unless there is a proper setup around him? If a proper coaching team is put in place and our decline is not halted then he must go.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Now on our worse run since 1975 too,well done all those involved!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Pity we didn't hang on to that bloke who took Toulon from 6th to Top14 final, struggling Scots side to Pro14 KO and now tops Pool 5 in Europe. :smt003
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

jgriffin wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:06 pm Pity we didn't hang on to that bloke who took Toulon from 6th to Top14 final, struggling Scots side to Pro14 KO and now tops Pool 5 in Europe. :smt003
In my opinion that bloke is a part of the mess we are in, he has done the above as a result of us giving him the boot.

Suggest Betham & Lauchie leaving/ being kicked out was something personal with MOC.

Glynn has to go & Cohen is a busted flush, they should walk, but won't & won't be fired....

Look individually at our best Xv & compare with Exeter, you wouldn't swap many, but one is a team the other is a joke. Find the root cause & we will be a good way out if the hole & personally I don't think it is necessarily the coaches.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
newport tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by newport tiger »

jgriffin wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:06 pm Pity we didn't hang on to that bloke who took Toulon from 6th to Top14 final, struggling Scots side to Pro14 KO and now tops Pool 5 in Europe. :smt003
I don't remember him losing EIGHT games on the bounce either, come to think about it i don't remember any previous coach losing eight on the bounce. So what exactly is the criteria for sacking a coach?
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

newport tiger wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:25 pm
I don't remember him losing EIGHT games on the bounce either, come to think about it i don't remember any previous coach losing eight on the bounce. So what exactly is the criteria for sacking a coach?
PANIC
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Sacking coaches without consideration for who the new coach would be or the long term plan is what got us into this mess.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:18 pm Don't agree.

But Cohen and Glynn have got what they wanted which is to turn the supporters on Murphy.
While there maybe some truth in that statement - tho I doubt it? It is the poor performance on the pitch from a group of talented but individuals. GM is in charge of that - period. If his subordinates are not providing the product then GM has to fix the problem. It would not matter whom is in charge - the buck lays with them.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Look it's this simple - the BoD & Senior Management are as clueless as the coaches and players. This has been going on for several years, it's a long way back now...
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Tigers are like Brexit.
Hopeless management, totally and utterly useless.
Healey insinuated that today on TV ..
newport tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by newport tiger »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:36 pm
Sacking coaches without consideration for who the new coach would be or the long term plan is what got us into this mess.
I disagree what got us into this mess is an inability to find the best man for the job and it doesn't always have to be an ex tiger. When Mike Ford was recently mentioned as a possible defence coach a lot of eyebrows were raised on this forum and yet Brett Deacon currently holds that post with no experience and my god does it show. Geordan was one of the greatest players we have ever seen but he may well end up leaving the club with his reputation in tatters because he was given the job way too early.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:49 pm Now on our worse run since 1975 too,well done all those involved!
Gosh. That’s a very damning statistic. Significant changes *OUGHT* to follow, but I doubt they will.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

On paper we look pretty damn good, but on the pitch we look pretty damn bad.

It's a bit like baking a cake, get the ingredients wrong and it's utterly ruined. The finger of suspicion primarily points at the board room, and the rest falls apart.

No more matches for me this season.