Dear Murphs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Dear Murphs

Post by Traveller »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:32 pm Plenty of experts with relevant experience on here, get yourselves down there and get on with it.

No?
Presumably all available statistics of this rugby season prove that the coaching staff are of a high calibre. I mean they only have Genge, Youngs, TPN, Cole, Spencer, Youngs, Ford, Tuilagi, Toomua, May, Holmes plus a few others - with that lot it was a remarkable achievement to concede more points than any other team in the prem and to come 11th. Why on earth would there be any discussion on a forum about rejigging the coaching staff?
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Traveller wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:07 pm
WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:32 pm Plenty of experts with relevant experience on here, get yourselves down there and get on with it.

No?
Presumably all available statistics of this rugby season prove that the coaching staff are of a high calibre. I mean they only have Genge, Youngs, TPN, Cole, Spencer, Youngs, Ford, Tuilagi, Toomua, May, Holmes plus a few others - with that lot it was a remarkable achievement to concede more points than any other team in the prem and to come 11th. Why on earth would there be any discussion on a forum about rejigging the coaching staff?
Not my point at all. Discuss away but surely with the wealth of knowledge it would be better to offer it direct to Tigers, after all, it would sort all the issues and make the (apparent) majority of supporters happy.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:30 pm
Traveller wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:07 pm

No?
Not my point at all. Discuss away but surely with the wealth of knowledge it would be better to offer it direct to Tigers, after all, it would sort all the issues and make the (apparent) majority of supporters happy.
And how do you suggest this direct offer should be made? Letter, holding up a large sign outside the clubhouse, standing on a step ladder next to the fence of Oval Park with a megaphone?
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

My hope is that they recognised that this season's performance is not a freak event but has been developing over a number of years and that to remedy that changes to the coaching and playing structure have to be made.

I think it has been the stock answer to blame it on injuries an international call ups, but when we have had a near full squad available we have leaked points. Not all of the injured players would be automatic starters anyway.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

sapajo wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:10 pm
Steve56 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:43 pm I attended a forum a few months ago, as did many others, in which the full coaching staff sat on the podium answering questions and giving their insights into the future of the club. At the time I came away impressed with what I'd heard that night. They all seemed to know what they were talking about.
Since then I've realised that they were all very good at talking, but not much cop at actually coaching.
I have been to a large number of these forums but no more its now bevome nothing more than smoke and mirrors with a huge amount of spin. That said when Cockers used to grace us with his presence at said forums, he called a spade a spade.
That was/is Cockers. He never shirks his responsibilities, or shies away from the truth. This is a quality which is missing from those who wield any type of power at the club now.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Well I did call this and tried to avoid this scenario. I doubt many would disagree now.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Dangerous4 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:41 pm
sapajo wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:10 pm
Steve56 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:43 pm I attended a forum a few months ago, as did many others, in which the full coaching staff sat on the podium answering questions and giving their insights into the future of the club. At the time I came away impressed with what I'd heard that night. They all seemed to know what they were talking about.
Since then I've realised that they were all very good at talking, but not much cop at actually coaching.
I have been to a large number of these forums but no more its now bevome nothing more than smoke and mirrors with a huge amount of spin. That said when Cockers used to grace us with his presence at said forums, he called a spade a spade.
That was/is Cockers. He never shirks his responsibilities, or shies away from the truth. This is a quality which is missing from those who wield any type of power at the club now.
Quite, and one reason he had to go because certain senior players didn't like the truth, that champagne rugby doesn't win trophies.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I'd hardly call what Tigers are playing Champage Rugby, it's more like a cheap bottle of Prosecco :smt030 .
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Were missing the point.
We all called for Murphs to gain experience in the Championship League .
So we are to blame because "be careful what you wish for"

I know we meant with another club - however Board says "were sicking with Murphs - he has our backing"
So Championship is where we get Murphs his experience.

However- Pat H, Mike F and Mr Bakewell have played their part in this Panto edition of "A Nightmare Before Christmas" :smt030
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

I’ve just spotted that this thread was started almost a year ago, with a request that Murphy resign. This mess is a year old. Can we move more slowly please, in taking action, in case we wake up the Board?
Valhalla I am coming!
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Man that's depressing, a year on and all that's changed is our league position for the worst, and we now have to pay Mike Ford to do seemingly very little.
mikeytage

Post by mikeytage »

I've been a tigers fan since I was 12 (I'm 36 now) but I don't profess to know anything about the first team politics and coaching. In fact I'd struggle to name half of the first team! Such a part timer.
What I see can though is a head coach who is so desperately negative in his pre an post match interviews. I'm sure some people will respect his pragmatism, but if he's carrying that negativity into the dressing room and the training ground, then no wonder we're performing so badly.
That said, Tom Youngs should be stepping up and bringing his team together on the pitch. Although I've seen many a post pondering if the team are actually trying to get Murphs sacked...
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

mikeytage wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:32 pm I've been a tigers fan since I was 12 (I'm 36 now) but I don't profess to know anything about the first team politics and coaching. In fact I'd struggle to name half of the first team! Such a part timer.
What I see can though is a head coach who is so desperately negative in his pre an post match interviews. I'm sure some people will respect his pragmatism, but if he's carrying that negativity into the dressing room and the training ground, then no wonder we're performing so badly.
That said, Tom Youngs should be stepping up and bringing his team together on the pitch. Although I've seen many a post pondering if the team are actually trying to get Murphs sacked...
The captain should certainly have a positive impact on his side. Unfortunately with Tom Youngs I’m getting the opposite impression, he seems happier on the farm with his pigs.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

What day this week will they announce Murphys sacking ?

Post by fortysix »

This farce has gone on for far too long. Even the flipping Happy Clappers are on board now !!

Come on, Big Pete, get your cheque book out.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: What day this week will they announce Murphys sacking ?

Post by WiggoTiger »

None, Black Friday and Black Saturday have gone......cheap replacements not available!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!