Dear Murphs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Dear Murphs

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Time for an Emergency Board meeting with Geordan, Glynn and take in Gengie with Tom Youngs and thrash out ~who stays & who goes now!
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

I stated that I would support you this season, and that you should be given at least the start of next season. However, I did think that we would improve this season to some degree, but this has not materialised.. Sadly, nothing has improved, and we continue our catastrophic decline. I now truly believe that we need a far greater experienced person in your role, that can deal with the issues we have. I don't know where we will be next season, but unless we win at Newcastle, then I fear it will be in the Championship. I do not doubt you have done your best with the awful mess we were in when you took over, but your best has not been good enough through no fault of your own

Sorry "Murphs", but that's the way I see it. :smt022
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Murphy was a big part of the coaching set up that was failing, it was a cheap lazy appointment
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I feel sorry for him, he's obviously the boards fall guy!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:18 pm I feel sorry for him, he's obviously the boards fall guy!
It was his decision to take up the job, but sadly I feel he has been promoted beyond his experience and coaching ability.
It may be shocking news but being an Ex Tiger that has spent 5 seasons as skills coach during which time they evaporated, should not be anywhere good enough to qualify him for one of the top jobs in the premiership. It simply beggars any rational belief that the BOD then chose to confirm his appointment after presiding over some 8 defeats! This obsessive incestuous appointment of ex tigers is not the solution but in fact is at the heart of our demise!
Last edited by sapajo on Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:42 pm Time for an Emergency Board meeting with Geordan, Glynn and take in Gengie with Tom Youngs and thrash out ~who stays & who goes now!
Turkeys don't vote for Xmas in which case they will all agree to maintain the status quo.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I've been calling the inbreeding card for donkeys years ,and I said it would end up being the death of us! Times change,the board haven't!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

It’s not about where the best candidate comes from, it’s about getting the best coach we can at the time.

Way back when, Deano, Wells, Cockers were the best options and had success and just so happened to be from within the club (or near as dammit).

At other times Lofredo, Meyer and Howard were and whilst Howard was connected to the club were effectively outside appointments.

Not all of them worked but there’s no guarantee of success whatever route you take
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:10 pm It’s not about where the best candidate comes from, it’s about getting the best coach we can at the time.
The point is the BOD have shown its not about the best candidate or getting the best coach we can at the time. It is everything about where the candidates come from ie Mauger Ex Tigers, MOC Ex Tigers coach, Murphy Ex Tigers, Deacon Ex Tigers, Allen Ex Tigers, Stanko Ex Tigers, Blake Ex Tigers coach.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

It's unfair for some of those names on the list. How many other clubs have a academy and development coaches that haven't played for them? And nearly every club has past players in one of the the first team coaching roles.

Lumping them all in together doesn't strengthen your argument.
Carver510

Post by Carver510 »

Regardless of whether we stay up or not, like others have said, we need to get someone in who is from outside the Tigers camp. We have to plan for the long term and have a real hard look at everybody, whether player, coach or other. No player or coach is bigger than this club and if that's the attitude some have, get them out.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:25 pm It's unfair for some of those names on the list. How many other clubs have a academy and development coaches that haven't played for them? And nearly every club has past players in one of the the first team coaching roles.

Just stating coaching appointment facts is not unfair, it is not about strengthening my argument but it is all about the truth!
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

sapajo wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:52 pm
Cardiff Tig wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:25 pm It's unfair for some of those names on the list. How many other clubs have a academy and development coaches that haven't played for them? And nearly every club has past players in one of the the first team coaching roles.

Just stating coaching appointment facts is not unfair, it is not about strengthening my argument but it is all about the truth!
I agree that bringing back MoC and Blake seems like they just looked at an old pile of CVs hanging around an office somewhere!

But Stanko, and Allen IMO, have been good appointments. It would be crazy for the BoD to ignore all former players.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:56 pm Murphy was a big part of the coaching set up that was failing, it was a cheap lazy appointment
Simple as this. Spot on. We're now reaping the 'rewards' of such a blatantly flawed appointment.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

If Tigers stay up, you keep the job. If we get relegated, you keep the job. One way you get kudos, the other you suddenly have players leaving, fans deserting and huge pressure to come back up. Frankly, you should be praying for either ringfencing and selecting some players who want to play alongside the motivated like ford, Genge etc.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.