Dear Murphs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Traveller

Re: Dear Murphs

Post by Traveller » Sun May 19, 2019 10:07 pm

WhitecapTiger wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 3:32 pm
Plenty of experts with relevant experience on here, get yourselves down there and get on with it.

No?
Presumably all available statistics of this rugby season prove that the coaching staff are of a high calibre. I mean they only have Genge, Youngs, TPN, Cole, Spencer, Youngs, Ford, Tuilagi, Toomua, May, Holmes plus a few others - with that lot it was a remarkable achievement to concede more points than any other team in the prem and to come 11th. Why on earth would there be any discussion on a forum about rejigging the coaching staff?

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger » Sun May 19, 2019 10:30 pm

Traveller wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 10:07 pm
WhitecapTiger wrote:
Plenty of experts with relevant experience on here, get yourselves down there and get on with it.

No?
Presumably all available statistics of this rugby season prove that the coaching staff are of a high calibre. I mean they only have Genge, Youngs, TPN, Cole, Spencer, Youngs, Ford, Tuilagi, Toomua, May, Holmes plus a few others - with that lot it was a remarkable achievement to concede more points than any other team in the prem and to come 11th. Why on earth would there be any discussion on a forum about rejigging the coaching staff?
Not my point at all. Discuss away but surely with the wealth of knowledge it would be better to offer it direct to Tigers, after all, it would sort all the issues and make the (apparent) majority of supporters happy.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.

Crofty

Post by Crofty » Mon May 20, 2019 12:15 am

WhitecapTiger wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 10:30 pm
Traveller wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 10:07 pm
WhitecapTiger wrote:

No?
Not my point at all. Discuss away but surely with the wealth of knowledge it would be better to offer it direct to Tigers, after all, it would sort all the issues and make the (apparent) majority of supporters happy.
And how do you suggest this direct offer should be made? Letter, holding up a large sign outside the clubhouse, standing on a step ladder next to the fence of Oval Park with a megaphone?
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 » Mon May 20, 2019 10:59 am

My hope is that they recognised that this season's performance is not a freak event but has been developing over a number of years and that to remedy that changes to the coaching and playing structure have to be made.

I think it has been the stock answer to blame it on injuries an international call ups, but when we have had a near full squad available we have leaked points. Not all of the injured players would be automatic starters anyway.

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 » Mon May 20, 2019 1:41 pm

sapajo wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 7:10 pm
Steve56 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 2:43 pm
I attended a forum a few months ago, as did many others, in which the full coaching staff sat on the podium answering questions and giving their insights into the future of the club. At the time I came away impressed with what I'd heard that night. They all seemed to know what they were talking about.
Since then I've realised that they were all very good at talking, but not much cop at actually coaching.
I have been to a large number of these forums but no more its now bevome nothing more than smoke and mirrors with a huge amount of spin. That said when Cockers used to grace us with his presence at said forums, he called a spade a spade.
That was/is Cockers. He never shirks his responsibilities, or shies away from the truth. This is a quality which is missing from those who wield any type of power at the club now.