Quins must win 23

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Re: Quins must win 23

Post by TigerCam »

Got 'bantered', at the gym this morning by a couple of Quins fans!! Apparently the Tigers are in for another dicking!! Quins BP by half time?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

Going to love watching Genge and Sinckler winding each other up!
Give blood, play rugby!!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Teams Up:

Leicester Tigers (v Harlequins, Welford Road, Saturday 3.00pm)

15 George Worth

14 Jonah Holmes

13 Manu Tuilagi

12 Matt Toomua

11 Jonny May

10 George Ford (c)

9 Ben Youngs

1 Ellis Genge

2 Tatafu Polota-Nau

3 Dan Cole

4 Harry Wells

5 Will Spencer

6 Mike Fitzgerald

7 Guy Thompson

8 Sione Kalamafoni

Replacements

16 Jake Kerr

17 Campese Ma’afu

18 Joe Heyes

19 Mike Williams

20 Brendon O’Connor

21 Ben White

22 Gareth Owen

23 Jordan Olowofela

Harlequins: 15 Mike Brown, 14 Nathan Earle, 13 Joe Marchant, 12 Paul Lasike, 11 Cadan Murley, 10 James Lang, 9 Charlie Mulchrone; 1 Joe Marler, 2 Dave Ward, 3 Kyle Sinckler, 4 Matt Symons, 5 George Merrick, 6 Alex Dombrandt, 7 Jack Clifford, 8 James Chisholm (c)

Replacements: 16 Max Crumpton, 17 Lewis Boyce, 18 Will Collier, 19 Ben Glynn, 20 Renaldo Bothma, 21 Dave Lewis, 22 Marcus Smith, 23 Alofa Alofa
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Massive game,must win imo! Lose this then we will lose at Bath and be in real trouble. COYT!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

Fairly predictable line ups from both teams.

We need a full 80 minutes performance.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Looks like a team we can win with. Flu bug seems to have gone away, I really thought that Toomua might have caught it and jetted off to recover in the sun. Game we must win and I really think we can!
NONAME
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by NONAME »

Win looking at Top 6...lose looking at relegation, such is the premiership this season.
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

Really don’t know what to expect. We’ve got a good team out and it wouldn’t surprise me one iota if we smash them. Equally I’d walk back up the Aylestone Road not a least bit surprised if we lose without a bonus point. At least I’m looking forward to the match. :smt002
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

NONAME wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:08 pm Win looking at Top 6...lose looking at relegation, such is the premiership this season.
I’m hoping us, Saints and Quins get some consistency to drag ourselves into the Top 6 and not leave the Premiership so tight and muddled up, it’s not good for the game. Bristol will stay up, for me the real relegation contenders will be Sale and Worcester, both have class first teams but the weakest squad depth in the Premiership.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

JP14 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:35 am
NONAME wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:08 pm Win looking at Top 6...lose looking at relegation, such is the premiership this season.
I’m hoping us, Saints and Quins get some consistency to drag ourselves into the Top 6 and not leave the Premiership so tight and muddled up, it’s not good for the game. Bristol will stay up, for me the real relegation contenders will be Sale and Worcester, both have class first teams but the weakest squad depth in the Premiership.
Watching the match last night I am left reflecting how Worcester beat us at WR; they struggled last night against Saints. Having said that Saints struggled to convert once in the red zone and the scoreline hides the fact that their 2 tries were interceptions from within their own 22.
As Good As It Gets
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

For those who follow the betting... Tigers opened 8/15 yesterday morning, Quins 6/4. Clearly the money has come and we are now 2/5 and Quins 2/1.

We may well win but I don’t get those odds at all. Can’t see many Tigers fans loading up on us at 2/5. We are so inconsistent and flakey. Score today could be anything IMHO. We could win or lose by 20.

Ps. What happens if there is a massive improvmeent today? As the bookies seem to be predicting... What would we put that down to?
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Tempted fate and bought a new bottle of Remy this morning.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Why would anyone expect a massive improvement? The problems are still there for all to see I am afraid.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Clarification and some certainty in the squad over the immediate future of Murphy could be a boost for training in the squad.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

JP14 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:46 am Clarification and some certainty in the squad over the immediate future of Murphy could be a boost for training in the squad.
I really really hope you are right. But GM’s appointment seems to have been known internally for some time. So I am not sure. My worry is that Gustard will have done his homework. With all the apparently false speculation over his future at Tigers, I fear he’ll be keen to make a point and Quins will start with serious intent.
I’m hoping they’ll be overconfident and we’ll be a little more confident. Early score from us (another try from Manu?) may set the tone.