Post by ellis9 »

Much better performance this week.

Our turnaround may have just started.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: Quins must win 23

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

ellis9 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:58 pm Much better performance this week.

Our turnaround may have just started.
One swallow does not a summer make, enjoy the win and performance but let’s not get carried away
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes,good performance but Quins were disgusting! (Ok some of that was our doing) im buzzing though loved today but will re-evaluate after Bath and Gloc
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:11 pm Yes,good performance but Quins were disgusting! (Ok some of that was our doing) im buzzing though loved today but will re-evaluate after Bath and Gloc
After we have picked up 13 points! :smt023
Last edited by ellis9 on Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

fortysix wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:31 pm Felt Ford was guilty of a bit of mismanagement by not putting 6 points on the board to extend the gap ..and we lost both lineouts..Only gripe.
Possibly, although to be fair, the line out was generally functioning well today...apart from those two! Nice to see some tap backs from the line instead of catching; takes confidence to do it but gives great front foot ball to the backs (as with the Holmes try).
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

speedski wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:45 pm
Mark62 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:26 pm I don’t think the calming influence that Boris and Coley have on Genge can be over stated
The best thing Cole did all day was head the ball - he was a penalty machine again and I have to say I don't think he would be missed - the question is, how loyal is Murphs.
I disagree; he would be missed for certain. Tigers have the best scrum stats in the Premiership this season, and as Cole has been the only ever-present in our front row he’s got to take the credit for that. Having said that, I must admit the soft penalty he gave away early in the 2nd half had me cursing!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

chris111 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:36 pm
Mark62 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:26 pm I don’t think the calming influence that Boris and Coley have on Genge can be over stated
The best thing Cole did all day was head the ball - he was a penalty machine again and I have to say I don't think he would be missed - the question is, how loyal is Murphs.
I disagree; he would be missed for certain. Tigers have the best scrum stats in the Premiership this season, and as Cole has been the only ever-present in our front row he’s got to take the credit for that. Having said that, I must admit the soft penalty he gave away early in the 2nd half had me cursing!
Coley locks out his side perfectly and lets the loosehead attack their tight, which Genge did to a T (when the ball came in that is!)

Sinckler was awful and looked clueless against Genge. His hips were at 45 degrees on occasions and the shrug and look of 'what can I do' from him to Adam Jones in the first half on the Crumbie side was priceless.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Well my 6 points is looking a poor bet Ellis! :smt005
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

MrPartridge wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:57 am The worry for me today is can we fix the holes in defence?
Donald Trump is having the same troubles with holes in his "de fence", early strikes and not being able to budge it! :smt028
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Much better today - still work to do. Ford was excellent (delayed pass for Holmes try was a thing of beauty) , Holmes runs some great lines but defence his defence is an issue in my opinion , Genge was great - just what you expect from a loose head- compare and contrast with Marler.

5 metre line out is still a complete disaster - why not take the scrum or kick for the points , never mind how difficult - based on our success rate at 5 metres out which must be less than 25% this season - it has to be the % play for points on the board.

Sir was terrible - as always.

6 points from the next 2 games would be a great return and would keep us in the mix
brooksey845

Post by brooksey845 »

One of the best scrummaging tightheads in the world wouldn't be missed? Who would you go out and replace him with?
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Absolutely buzzing after today's performance! Occasionally sloppy in some areas sure but you can say that about 10 out of 12 teams in the league. Let's hope Wasps do us a favour and beat Bath tomorrow.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

wellstiger wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:06 am If we lose I am cancelling Christmas.
If we lose the squad should cancel Christmas.
I've had to work hard over Christmas for the last 30 yrs . If we lose so should the squad.
Bah Humbug

(aka) The Grinch) :smt013 :smt013
So Christmas has come early and the Bah Humbug has been dispensed with.
Dear Santa
As I've been a Good Boy/person this year may I please have a TBP win over Barf to set me up for 2019.
Mince pies Sherry and a carrot await.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

We cant lose Cole. We take him for granted accepting he is the best tighthead scrummager in World Rugby.

Its just than Dan should be constantly talked to by his scrum captain 'cos he just acts on instinct.
And the latest brand of 'Sirs' dont like instinct.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

wellstiger wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:44 am
wellstiger wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:06 am If we lose I am cancelling Christmas.
If we lose the squad should cancel Christmas.
I've had to work hard over Christmas for the last 30 yrs . If we lose so should the squad.
Bah Humbug

(aka) The Grinch) :smt013 :smt013
So Christmas has come early and the Bah Humbug has been dispensed with.
Dear Santa
As I've been a Good Boy/person this year may I please have a TBP win over Barf to set me up for 2019.
Mince pies Sherry and a carrot await.
Your wish will be granted! HoHoHo🥕🥧🍷. Santa!
Semper in excretia