Quins must win 23

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Quins must win 23

Post by voice of the crumbie »

fortysix wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:01 pm The two gems we must not lose won us the game today, Holmes and Genge.
Genge murdered Sinckler, how on heavens earth can Jones rate that guy ?????? oh I remember, he carried it quite well a couple of times.
Confirmed my view of Sinckler - a fat centre who can't scrummage.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I wasn’t at the game, so can’t comment on today.
I have never really rated Sinclair but thought he did well for England in the autumn. The problem seems to be when he is back at Quins with hot heads like Marler and Brown who seem to influence him into being a thug rather than playing rugby.
I don’t think the calming influence that Boris and Coley have on Genge can be over stated
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:09 pmConfirmed my view of Sinckler - a fat centre who can't scrummage.
:smt005

This is my nomination for post of the year!

:smt023
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

JP14 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:47 pm
Robespierre wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:42 pm La vie est belle ! Bravo les tigres!! 🥂🥂🍺🍺
Le catalyseur? Non? 😂
C’est possible ! On verra après les matchs contre Bath et Glaws!
Semper in excretia
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:26 pm I don’t think the calming influence that Boris and Coley have on Genge can be over stated
Genge has ALOT of respect for Stanko - they had a bit of a tiff at the Racing game when Genge was storming round staring at people.

But I have to say he was VERY impressive today - his ability to give, take and not react makes his a very impressive weapon, both as a player and as a mental disruption to the opposition.

The best thing Cole did all day was head the ball - he was a penalty machine again and I have to say I don't think he would be missed - the question is, how loyal is Murphs.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Sinckler performed well in the autumn because Moon dominated the other opponent, plus out-scrummaging a Aussie tighthead is an easy feat these days. Since, Marler was getting destroyed by old pal Coley, Sinckler was easy prey for Genge.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Better, pleased for the win obviously and the TBP but a long way to go to get back to the top of the pile.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

A very good win and according to Murphy, lots of the team hardly trained this week! Whereas last night Barnes performance reffing the Warriors vSaints game, today Pearce was not very good but the bad calls he made were against both teams.
Hardly got a voice left but today has shown what this side can do.
We just need a bit of luck on the injury front as Guy Thomson was again immense. Ford had a very good game and is making a decent fist of the captaincy.
The 5 metre attacking lineout is still a cause for concern but today Tigers weren’t helped by Pearce as how the tackle on Williams wasn’t a yellow card I don’t know but for now, this and City beating Chelsea is a great way to start Christmas.
25tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by 25tiger »

Didn’t understand the love for Sinckler in the Autumn and still don’t now, making lots of carries doesn’t make someone an effective carrier. Thought Cole really created the platform for Genge to tear Sinckler apart today.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Ian Cant wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:19 pm The 5 metre attacking lineout is still a cause for concern but today Tigers weren’t helped by Pearce as how the tackle on Williams wasn’t a yellow card I don’t know but for now, this and City beating Chelsea is a great way to start Christmas.
Ian, Williams was caught in the air at the lineout but it was the Tigers lifters who kept him up too long, trying to buy the penalty according to Pearce. Penalty call every day of the week but not a yellow on this occasion.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Felt Ford was guilty of a bit of mismanagement by not putting 6 points on the board to extend the gap ..and we lost both lineouts..Only gripe.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Great point fortysix ,I thought here we go again!!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

fortysix wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:01 pm The two gems we must not lose won us the game today, Holmes and Genge.
Genge murdered Sinckler, how on heavens earth can Jones rate that guy ?????? oh I remember, he carried it quite well a couple of times.
Unfortunately, if Holmes wants to continue playing for Wales, we will lose him at the end of his current contract.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:27 pm
voice of the crumbie wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:09 pmConfirmed my view of Sinckler - a fat centre who can't scrummage.
:smt005

This is my nomination for post of the year!

:smt023
Thanks Whitecap.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Delighted with 5 points today. I thought George Ford was peerless. His delayed pass for Holmes first try was sublime, kicking excellent.
I'm not cynical just experienced