Genge in the Telegraph

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Genge in the Telegraph

Post by JP14 »

Even if I was rich I would be reluctant to send my kids to private school, no sense of reality.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

JP14 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:29 pm Even if I was rich I would be reluctant to send my kids to private school, no sense of reality.
You do come out with some rubbish JP14, but at least with rugby perhaps you have some clue occasionally.
But the above statement is such a ridiculous generalisation that it makes you look truly foolish.
Soggypitch
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:29 pm Even if I was rich I would be reluctant to send my kids to private school, no sense of reality.
What utter drivel. You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

My time at Prep. school prepared me extremely well for adulthood. I was introduced to rugby (fly half), and learned what discipline was all about. I feel confident I have turned out to be a better person for that experience

With regard to the rugby, we were taught to tackle low, and knock the legs from under the opposition (the bigger they were, the harder they fell / fall).

May I politely suggest that you don't criticise things you know nothing about? :smt018 :smt018 :smt018

norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

Unfortunately JP14, with the awfulness of a large percentage of State Schools, total lack of discipline, teaching, sport , you name it. Public Schools with their vast superiority in the mentioned areas have to be considered..
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Dangerous4 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:15 pm
What utter drivel. You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

My time at Prep. school prepared me extremely well for adulthood. I was introduced to rugby (fly half), and learned what discipline was all about. I feel confident I have turned out to be a better person for that experience

With regard to the rugby, we were taught to tackle low, and knock the legs from under the opposition (the bigger they were, the harder they fell / fall).

May I politely suggest that you don't criticise things you know nothing about? :smt018 :smt018 :smt018
Oh so we’re back to criticising credibility now?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Soggypitch wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:50 pm
You do come out with some rubbish JP14, but at least with rugby perhaps you have some clue occasionally.
But the above statement is such a ridiculous generalisation that it makes you look truly foolish.
Rubbish? I do tend to generalise, but it’s not as ridiculous as you suggest, you get absolutely no experience of the real world at private school, no sense of the real issues. Sure private school kids get their heads blown off by drugs too, but given that everyone’s main arguement against me is that I’ve never experienced private school is true, but it works both ways. As most on here have probably not experienced state school. I do not need a multitude of replies saying whether you did or not, I don’t care.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

the country is lead by an army of private school kids and look at the mess we are currently in, neither is right neither is wrong its about what you do with it
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:33 pm the country is lead by an army of private school kids and look at the mess we are currently in, neither is right neither is wrong its about what you do with it
Well and truly put into perspective!
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

I travel the world, and you/we are very very very lucky to live in England, whether its capitalist or not.

I would wager Tigers supporters are wealthier than 90% of the worlds population, and could go and live in most places after selling their UK houses with a load of cash spare.