Can we finish 4th?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Can we finish 4th?

Post by Scuttle »

markharbtiger wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:13 am I don’t know whether to laugh or cry in relation to this topic
When in doubt I cry with laughter. Covers both bases.
As Good As It Gets
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

:smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
25tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by 25tiger »

If we sort our defence out and cut out the penalties, we will start winning our home games. Then we will be there or thereabouts for top 4...
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Get defence and discipline right and things should look better....looking forward to todays game!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday I’m sure many turned up at WR fearing this might be the start of a protracted and painful battle to avoid relegation. Now we are digesting this afternoon’s results...and after a disorienting month of looking down the league table, normal service is resumed and I’m looking upwards to see we are 1 point off 4th place!

We have the squad quality to make it to 3rd...but the lack of consistency could see us end up perhaps as low as 9th. However, as someone who generally tries to avoid falling into the extremes of Corporal Jones and Private Fraser, I wouldn’t be prepared to speculate with any more precision than this.

Thoughts anyone?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Ask me after next week's game :smt005
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

We are one point off fourth at the moment so if we can sustain the performance level of yesterday, improve the defence, stop giving away stupid penalties and sort out our attacking line out then yes we can.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I'm just taking it one game at a time, can't see Wuss getting anything at Sarries but a Newcastle win at Bristol and we get nothing at Bath then it's all up in the air again! Its that close that no one is safe yet. If Wasps lose at Quin's,which I think they will,they could be pulled in. They were awful today!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I agree. Thrilled to be witness to a good win yesterday at Welford Road but no point looking beyond the next game and Bath is a team on the up.
The Six Nations will be a good period for Newcastle, Worcester, Bristol and Gloucester as they will have very few if any players missing.
One game at a time and we had more injury woes yesterday.
Thomson out again along with Spencer is a huge loss for us.