Steve Hansen stepping down

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fleabane
Super User
Super User

Steve Hansen stepping down

Post by fleabane »

Yes, after the World Cup, confirmed by BBC, after a lengthy period of rumours.
Valhalla I am coming!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Steve Hansen stepping down

Post by Dangerous4 »

fleabane wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:28 pm Yes, after the World Cup, confirmed by BBC, after a lengthy period of rumours.
Hmm. Interesting.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Hansen can only coach players whose techniques, ball handling skills and general awareness have been honed before they were born. He wouldnt have a chance with our lot who drop as many as they catch, if they are there in the first place..

Not me speaking, but a New Zealand friend.

Might be a grain of truth in there....
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

The French website Rugbyrama are suggesting that Hansen could replace Jacques Brunel as French coach when Brunel's contract expires after the 2020 6Nations and be the first non Frenchman at the helm of the national team.
Personally though, I can't see them appointing a bloke who doesn't speak French - but maybe Hansen already does or will undertake an intensive course!
Semper in excretia
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

The French all speak English.

In fact Benny Kayser had such an incredibly charismatic command of English that I am amazed he hasnt been snaffled up by BT Sport or Sky...
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

fortysix wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:54 pm The French all speak English.

In fact Benny Kayser had such an incredibly charismatic command of English that I am amazed he hasnt been snaffled up by BT Sport or Sky...
A Bit of generalisation 46, I’m sure other team members are better than others. Hansen probably has the Kiwi equivalent of an O Level that he barely remembers and has no use in coaching a rugby team whatsoever.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Not so, fortysix! I give English tuition down here and the level is pretty poor!
Of course there'll be exceptions, and I've no doubt that Benjamin Kayser's English is good but I'm more or less sure that the majority of French players speak very little English.
Semper in excretia
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:57 pm

Not so, fortysix! I give English tuition down here and the level is pretty poor!
Of course there'll be exceptions, and I've no doubt that Benjamin Kayser's English is good but I'm more or less sure that the majority of French players speak very little English.
They're as parochial and pig headed as we are!! :smt002
Soggypitch
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

In the tourist bits they do. Outside of those areas if you speak English they look at you blankly. Or that has been my experience.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

sam16111986 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:28 pm

In the tourist bits they do. Outside of those areas if you speak English they look at you blankly. Or that has been my experience.
It's because you're not spending enough money outside those tourist areas, wave a bit of wonga at them and I reckon they'll understand you better!
Deutsche Mark's are best, I've heard that they'll do anything for that!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

BFG wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:48 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:28 pm

It's because you're not spending enough money outside those tourist areas, wave a bit of wonga at them and I reckon they'll understand you better!
Deutsche Mark's are best, I've heard that they'll do anything for that!
If they get them they won’t be able to spend them as the D-MARK disappeared in 2002!
Semper in excretia