Tigers v Racing

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
Big Dai
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4413
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:04 pm
Location: Abergavenny

Re: Tigers v Racing

Post by Big Dai » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:10 pm

Jimmy Skitz wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:08 pm
if Wasps financial woes are as bad as some are making out Dai Young would be my target for DoR
"Only the good" would be one of my targets.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7142
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Tigers v Racing

Post by RagingBull » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:11 pm

Jimmy Skitz wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:04 pm
RagingBull wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:56 pm
The club doesn’t need to get rid of all the coaches :censored:

It’s what has caused this problem to begin with.

As Genge said sacking so many coaches and players causes teams to lose that pack mentality.

Tigers need to be patient bring in some senior people who know how rugby players think at put them in at DOR. Let go of the players who are out of contract who are not performing, and work from there.

Another mass clear out will result in just more :censored:.
not all no, the 2 forwards coaches can stay but can you really say GM has done a good job with the backs as "skills coach" we have made so many errors whilst he's been in post its embarrassing, same with defence.

you cannot keep someone just because you want stability if they are not up to the job.

for far too long Tigers has been a professional club run in an amateur manner
How do you know he isn't up to the job?
Not many coaches can be dumped in charge of a team that is losing badly and be expected to turn the ship around immediately.
It's laughable to think otherwise.

All you will do is make a bad atmosphere worse and that will lead to even worse things.

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2610
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Tigers v Racing

Post by Scott1 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:12 pm

Because 4? years of "skills" coaching tells me he isn't!

Jimmy Skitz
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1524
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:19 pm
Location: Thurnby Lodge

Re: Tigers v Racing

Post by Jimmy Skitz » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:15 pm

RagingBull wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:11 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:04 pm
RagingBull wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:56 pm
The club doesn’t need to get rid of all the coaches :censored:

It’s what has caused this problem to begin with.

As Genge said sacking so many coaches and players causes teams to lose that pack mentality.

Tigers need to be patient bring in some senior people who know how rugby players think at put them in at DOR. Let go of the players who are out of contract who are not performing, and work from there.

Another mass clear out will result in just more :censored:.
not all no, the 2 forwards coaches can stay but can you really say GM has done a good job with the backs as "skills coach" we have made so many errors whilst he's been in post its embarrassing, same with defence.

you cannot keep someone just because you want stability if they are not up to the job.

for far too long Tigers has been a professional club run in an amateur manner
How do you know he isn't up to the job?
Not many coaches can be dumped in charge of a team that is losing badly and be expected to turn the ship around immediately.
It's laughable to think otherwise.

All you will do is make a bad atmosphere worse and that will lead to even worse things.
because he's been the backs/skills coach for years and during that time people have constantly complained about the game plan and lack of ideas when the backs get the ball, he was the favourite for the cardiff job and didn't get it he only has this one now as he happened to be the most senior coach after they sacked O'Connor.

If he wasn't Geordan Murphy I very much doubt you'd want him in charge
Big Dai wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:10 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:08 pm
if Wasps financial woes are as bad as some are making out Dai Young would be my target for DoR
"Only the good" would be one of my targets.
sorry Dai I don't get the reference

Big Dai
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4413
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:04 pm
Location: Abergavenny

Re: Tigers v Racing

Post by Big Dai » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:16 pm

Apologies.

Only the good die young?

........I'll get me coat!
Last edited by Big Dai on Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7142
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Tigers v Racing

Post by RagingBull » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:17 pm

and who would fix it?
Leicester :censored: isn't the coaches or players it's the mindset from the BOD down.
If your CEO is out of depth and has a policy of sacking employees etc too early then all that will do is cause dis-contempt throughout the business.

People moan about why are Exeter and Sarries better than us etc It's because they have stability in the coaches and playing staff.
Let's face it supporters only have a problem because he is an Ex Tiger, if he say ROG people would be saying give him time etc.

tigerssteve
Top Cat
Top Cat
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:40 pm

Re: Tigers v Racing

Post by tigerssteve » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:19 pm

Big Dai wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:59 pm
I had hope after last week. I thought if we could make our fist up tackles, win the breakdown, win the line out and keep 15 men on the pitch we'd have a chance. We did none of those four things and lost AGAIN. Yes there was effort. Yes there was endeavour but no spark, no clue, no go forward. Europe is gone and I fear relegation is a real threat.
Having said that once again the officials were abysmal. Offsides, obstruction, forward passes, squint throws at the line out and put ins at the scrum. All ignored. All this attention on high tackles etc. is fine and I understand the need to manage concussion but to do so at the expense of fundamental laws of the game is a criminal act in itself.
Not a word there I disagree with, sadly.😢😢

Jimmy Skitz
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1524
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:19 pm
Location: Thurnby Lodge

Re: Tigers v Racing

Post by Jimmy Skitz » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:19 pm

Big Dai wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:16 pm
Apologies.

Only the good die young?

........I'll get me coat!
ah of course, it's one of those days

tigerssteve
Top Cat
Top Cat
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:40 pm

Re: Tigers v Racing

Post by tigerssteve » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:21 pm

RagingBull wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:17 pm
and who would fix it?
Leicester :censored: isn't the coaches or players it's the mindset from the BOD down.
If your CEO is out of depth and has a policy of sacking employees etc too early then all that will do is cause dis-contempt throughout the business.

People moan about why are Exeter and Sarries better than us etc It's because they have stability in the coaches and playing staff.
Let's face it supporters only have a problem because he is an Ex Tiger, if he say ROG people would be saying give him time etc.

Please explain your point.

Jimmy Skitz
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1524
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:19 pm
Location: Thurnby Lodge

Re: Tigers v Racing

Post by Jimmy Skitz » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:22 pm

RagingBull wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:17 pm
and who would fix it?
Leicester :censored: isn't the coaches or players it's the mindset from the BOD down.
If your CEO is out of depth and has a policy of sacking employees etc too early then all that will do is cause dis-contempt throughout the business.

People moan about why are Exeter and Sarries better than us etc It's because they have stability in the coaches and playing staff.
Let's face it supporters only have a problem because he is an Ex Tiger, if he say ROG people would be saying give him time etc.
Sarries and Exeter have stability with their coaches as their coaches demonstrate they are tops quality, what has improved with the backs since Murphy was given control of them? With the team as a whole since Murphy was placed in charge? Stability is good yes but it is also based on a clear demonstration of ability in the first place, stick with someone who isn't good enough you'll be watching Tigers in the Championship

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2610
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Tigers v Racing

Post by Scott1 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:26 pm

Because their coaches are very good for God's sake!!!

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7142
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Tigers v Racing

Post by RagingBull » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:28 pm

Baxter
tigerssteve wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:21 pm
RagingBull wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:17 pm
and who would fix it?
Leicester :censored: isn't the coaches or players it's the mindset from the BOD down.
If your CEO is out of depth and has a policy of sacking employees etc too early then all that will do is cause dis-contempt throughout the business.

People moan about why are Exeter and Sarries better than us etc It's because they have stability in the coaches and playing staff.
Let's face it supporters only have a problem because he is an Ex Tiger, if he say ROG people would be saying give him time etc.

Please explain your point.
Which point?
Jimmy Skitz wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:22 pm
RagingBull wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:17 pm
and who would fix it?
Leicester :censored: isn't the coaches or players it's the mindset from the BOD down.
If your CEO is out of depth and has a policy of sacking employees etc too early then all that will do is cause dis-contempt throughout the business.

People moan about why are Exeter and Sarries better than us etc It's because they have stability in the coaches and playing staff.
Let's face it supporters only have a problem because he is an Ex Tiger, if he say ROG people would be saying give him time etc.
Sarries and Exeter have stability with their coaches as their coaches demonstrate they are tops quality, what has improved with the backs since Murphy was given control of them? With the team as a whole since Murphy was placed in charge? Stability is good yes but it is also based on a clear demonstration of ability in the first place, stick with someone who isn't good enough you'll be watching Tigers in the Championship
Baxter had the time to develop and McCall inherited a winning team, the BOD didn't mess it about when things went a bit iffy.

Backs are scoring more tries than last season.
In fact we have in the prem performed better this season than we did last season in the same matches.
Winning more match points
Won more games
Scoring more points
and scoring more tries.

kend
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 454
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:02 pm
Location: Exiled in London

Re: Tigers v Racing

Post by kend » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:54 pm

sam16111986 wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:00 pm
RagingBull wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:56 pm
The club doesn’t need to get rid of all the coaches :censored:

It’s what has caused this problem to begin with.

As Genge said sacking so many coaches and players causes teams to lose that pack mentality.

Tigers need to be patient bring in some senior people who know how rugby players think at put them in at DOR. Let go of the players who are out of contract who are not performing, and work from there.

Another mass clear out will result in just more :censored:.
This!

Need time for Geordan to develop the culture. Add some experience alongside to provide guidance. The difference today was some soft tries and two lost lineouts on the 5m line. We tighten up and become a bit more clinical and results will come. It's just that tightening up defensively that needs to happen quickly.
Completely agree. Our present situation arises from instability - 4 coaches in two years is bound to give you a team made up of different coaches visions/beliefs. Look at what Genge has to say (got to love his straight talking...). Murphy has a lot to sort out, and do so under immense pressure to perform immediately.

The questions for the board to answer are (i) do the current coaching team have a coherent plan for a league position (are the target games realistically winnable; are there remedial actions in place for tactical problems like the lineout; what contingency is there to avoid a relegation battle); (ii) are the players responding well to Murphy; (iii) is Murphy developing a clear idea of how Tigers are to move forward. Unless there is sufficient doubt about the answers, then you stick with the programme because you can't say how the team would react to further mid-season change.

IMHO fix the lineout, everything looks better. There are positives from the second half and the team certainly need to take the positives.

For those shouting about skills coaching, I guarantee you everything will be working fine on the training pitch. But add the opposition, performance pressure and lack of confidence, what you get is Tigers current performances. IMHO.

drc_007
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3164
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:28 am

Re: Tigers v Racing

Post by drc_007 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:55 pm

kend wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:54 pm
sam16111986 wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:00 pm
RagingBull wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:56 pm
The club doesn’t need to get rid of all the coaches :censored:

It’s what has caused this problem to begin with.

As Genge said sacking so many coaches and players causes teams to lose that pack mentality.

Tigers need to be patient bring in some senior people who know how rugby players think at put them in at DOR. Let go of the players who are out of contract who are not performing, and work from there.

Another mass clear out will result in just more :censored:.
This!

Need time for Geordan to develop the culture. Add some experience alongside to provide guidance. The difference today was some soft tries and two lost lineouts on the 5m line. We tighten up and become a bit more clinical and results will come. It's just that tightening up defensively that needs to happen quickly.
Completely agree. Our present situation arises from instability - 4 coaches in two years is bound to give you a team made up of different coaches visions/beliefs. Look at what Genge has to say (got to love his straight talking...). Murphy has a lot to sort out, and do so under immense pressure to perform immediately.

The questions for the board to answer are (i) do the current coaching team have a coherent plan for a league position (are the target games realistically winnable; are there remedial actions in place for tactical problems like the lineout; what contingency is there to avoid a relegation battle); (ii) are the players responding well to Murphy; (iii) is Murphy developing a clear idea of how Tigers are to move forward. Unless there is sufficient doubt about the answers, then you stick with the programme because you can't say how the team would react to further mid-season change.

IMHO fix the lineout, everything looks better. There are positives from the second half and the team certainly need to take the positives.

For those shouting about skills coaching, I guarantee you everything will be working fine on the training pitch. But add the opposition, performance pressure and lack of confidence, what you get is Tigers current performances. IMHO.
Tigers will never win matches when they are conceding 4-5 tries per game, the top priority has to be the defence.

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7142
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Tigers v Racing

Post by RagingBull » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:57 pm

drc_007 wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:55 pm
kend wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:54 pm
sam16111986 wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:00 pm


This!

Need time for Geordan to develop the culture. Add some experience alongside to provide guidance. The difference today was some soft tries and two lost lineouts on the 5m line. We tighten up and become a bit more clinical and results will come. It's just that tightening up defensively that needs to happen quickly.
Completely agree. Our present situation arises from instability - 4 coaches in two years is bound to give you a team made up of different coaches visions/beliefs. Look at what Genge has to say (got to love his straight talking...). Murphy has a lot to sort out, and do so under immense pressure to perform immediately.

The questions for the board to answer are (i) do the current coaching team have a coherent plan for a league position (are the target games realistically winnable; are there remedial actions in place for tactical problems like the lineout; what contingency is there to avoid a relegation battle); (ii) are the players responding well to Murphy; (iii) is Murphy developing a clear idea of how Tigers are to move forward. Unless there is sufficient doubt about the answers, then you stick with the programme because you can't say how the team would react to further mid-season change.

IMHO fix the lineout, everything looks better. There are positives from the second half and the team certainly need to take the positives.

For those shouting about skills coaching, I guarantee you everything will be working fine on the training pitch. But add the opposition, performance pressure and lack of confidence, what you get is Tigers current performances. IMHO.
Tigers will never win matches when they are conceding 4-5 tries per game, the top priority has to be the defence.
Which again is a problem that came from MOC and the BOD.
Tigers are very much under resourced in the coaching department, even when we had MOC here.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests