Tigers v Racing

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Racing

Post by westwinds31 »

Sadly the “there’s going to be a reaction next week” line has long gone. Defence is woeful. Coach puts defensive system in place and the players have to implement it on the field. 10, 12 and 13 lead the line and we have 2 England internationals and an Australian international who can’t sort it out. It’s either communication or confidence that’s the problem. Not trusting the person inside or outside of you. When you’re shipping 4 tries a game, it’s hard to be confident in your systems. Leadership....again we have a lot of international players on the pitch who have all played in massive games, but can’t kick the ball off the field when required. Penalty count is far too high, I’d leave Cole out...penalty after penalty every game. Stupid.

Ultimately, it comes back to Murphy. Nice guy...yes. Tigers legend...yes. Head coach...no.
Raimond
Tiger Cub

Post by Raimond »

Genuine question then... it's poor, really poor. Flat. The atmosphere's (understandably) flat, some big stars surrounded by mediocrity (and one or 2 playing worse than the mediocrity), set piece and defending awful, devoid all round of confidence and ideas.

One or two mentioning relegation and that's worrying when we're about to lose all of our 'best' players to the 6 Nations. So the genuine question- does it help or hinder us?? Will it plunge us further or will some fight from the younger lads save us?
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Getting back to the game, men against clueless boys. Call Ford International class is embarrassing, all he did was pass laterally or kick the ball away.
Relegation beckons sadly IMHO.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:11 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:04 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:56 pm The club doesn’t need to get rid of all the coaches :censored:

It’s what has caused this problem to begin with.

As Genge said sacking so many coaches and players causes teams to lose that pack mentality.

Tigers need to be patient bring in some senior people who know how rugby players think at put them in at DOR. Let go of the players who are out of contract who are not performing, and work from there.

Another mass clear out will result in just more :censored:.
not all no, the 2 forwards coaches can stay but can you really say GM has done a good job with the backs as "skills coach" we have made so many errors whilst he's been in post its embarrassing, same with defence.

you cannot keep someone just because you want stability if they are not up to the job.

for far too long Tigers has been a professional club run in an amateur manner
How do you know he isn't up to the job?
Not many coaches can be dumped in charge of a team that is losing badly and be expected to turn the ship around immediately.
It's laughable to think otherwise.

All you will do is make a bad atmosphere worse and that will lead to even worse things.

Watching on tv, they were in the dressing room at half-time. Nothing was happening. Nothing! Nothing! How can that be? No team talk, no individual or group chats. No motivation. :censored: all! No players champing at the bit, getting each other going. NOTHING!!!
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Loyalty to the shirt!!! :smt030 :smt031
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

If Harrison and Toomua can reignite their partnership we should be alright come 6N time. We did ok last season with those pair,imo if we hadve kept them until seasons end instead of parachuting Young's and Ford back in we would've got 4th but that's old news now.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:30 pm If Harrison and Toomua can reignite their partnership we should be alright come 6N time. We did ok last season with those pair,imo if we hadve kept them until seasons end instead of parachuting Young's and Ford back in we would've got 4th but that's old news now.
has Ben White aged out of the U20s? If so he may well have jumped Harrison
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

No captain or leadership on or off the field. Fix that, and you are halfway there. Dai Young (and junior) would be a start after clearing out the coaching staff bar Stanko.
Valhalla I am coming!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

fleabane wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:42 pm No captain or leadership on or off the field. Fix that, and you are halfway there. Dai Young (and junior) would be a start after clearing out the coaching staff bar Stanko.
Dan Cole as captain too
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

DC as captain is a good call!
Valhalla I am coming!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Yeh that bemused face he gives when he gives an obvious penalty would look much better with the captain armband so to speak.
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

[quote=Raimond post_id=703631 time=1544976425 user_id=11197]
Genuine question then... it's poor, really poor. Flat. The atmosphere's (understandably) flat, some big stars surrounded by mediocrity (and one or 2 playing worse than the mediocrity), set piece and defending awful, devoid all round of confidence and ideas.

One or two mentioning relegation and that's worrying when we're about to lose all of our 'best' players to the 6 Nations. So the genuine question- does it help or hinder us?? Will it plunge us further or will some fight from the younger lads save us?
[/quote]

It reminds me of a headline several, or perhaps even many, years ago. " Tiger cubs show their claws"! Either 6 nations or world cup time obviously but at that time we had Tiger Cubs. Do we now, or do we have pussycats, like some of the so called First 15? That's what they were called in my day, followed by the extras. Other than a couple of exceptions, most of the so called First 15 were a disgrace, either by attitude, discipline or skill level. I don't care what Genge says about fan criticism, I've been a Tiger for 50 years and paid my dues so I have a right to comment. He doesn't have to agree but I'm entitled. I don't have the option of being paid to transfer allegiance to another club. I'll always be a Tiger, but not a pussycat!
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

. I'll always be a Tiger, but not a pussycat!
[/quote]

+1 :smt023
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

WiggoTiger wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:24 pm Loyalty to the shirt!!! :smt030 :smt031
What does that mean? Loyalty to the shirt? Fans or players? Tiger since 1968 and also proud. Also a realist.
VernonAtrium

Post by VernonAtrium »

The bigger you are, the harder you fall. We've had this :censored: coming for some time.