ANY SPECIAL MEMORIES?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

ANY SPECIAL MEMORIES?

Post by Dangerous4 »

Today I have been thinking back on our successes, In the days of the John Player Cup (now housed here at Welford Road), I fondly remember marching around Twickenham with my large flag in the wake of our very own "Hiss and Boo Band" It was so much fun, and they really the occasions so special, bless 'em.

Anyone else remember them, and do you have some extra special memories?
terraceite
Tiger Cub

Re: ANY SPECIAL MEMORIES?

Post by terraceite »

yep - every Baa Baas game (at least till half time) :smt030
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Clearing straw.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Tudor Thomas's match day announcements.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:10 pm Tudor Thomas's match day announcements.
:smt023
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

When you could walk in the ground, sit/stand anywhere for a £1, Saturday night hops in the clubhouse, Tigers players serving behind the bar, the fantastic atmosphere of those days! The star players who wanted to come here and play, the WR fortress. The list goes on. :smt035 :smt030 :smt034 :smt038 oh and Joel Stransky.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Tim Stimpson hitting the posts twice with a monster 58m penalty at the City Ground to put us through against Llanelli. Returning there in 2016 for another semi was pretty good too even though we didn't get the result.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Sitting outside of "Le Deux Stadt" bar after the Heineken cup win in Paris and seeing the players appear out of the sun walking down the road to the bar like The gunfight at the OK corral, putting the cup on a table and starting a table football competition. Rowntree in a manky pair of trainers cos someone had stolen his shoes, my mate with the cup on his head but most of all, after discussing the match at length with Pat Howard, being told by him "Mate, you really know your rugby". :smt054 .
Hehehehehehehehe
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

I've a vague memory of Darren Garforth selling a dummy to the Glaws defence and scoring under the posts!!
Anyone else have the same memory or is it in my imagination?
Semper in excretia
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

strawclearer wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:23 pm
voice of the crumbie wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:10 pm Tudor Thomas's match day announcements.
The one I will always remember Tudor could not pronounce the names, "A Fujian replaced by another Fujian"
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

More recently the European semi in Cardiff, my wife sat next to me not watching the penalties. Emotional roller coster of a game.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Dangerous4 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:54 pm Today I have been thinking back on our successes, In the days of the John Player Cup (now housed here at Welford Road), I fondly remember marching around Twickenham with my large flag in the wake of our very own "Hiss and Boo Band" It was so much fun, and they really the occasions so special, bless 'em.

The hand of Back !!!
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Yeah I was there for Stimpsons penalty at the city ground (couldnt make the final in Paris though :smt010 ) and the 'hand of back' in Cardiff.

But one of the funniest moments I remember was in a game against West Hartlepool, Richard Cockerill 'flying' down the wing laughing his head off as he knew he had no chance of making it to the try line without being caught. We were about 60 points up at the time so it wasn't a crucial score or anything!!
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Dangerous4 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:54 pm Today I have been thinking back on our successes, In the days of the John Player Cup (now housed here at Welford Road), I fondly remember marching around Twickenham with my large flag in the wake of our very own "Hiss and Boo Band" It was so much fun, and they really the occasions so special, bless 'em.

Paris, Leon and Austin to the rescue
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Chobbsy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:29 am
strawclearer wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:23 pm
The one I will always remember Tudor could not pronounce the names, "A Fujian replaced by another Fujian"
The one that always tickles me is when some Fijian with a long unpronouncable name scored for the Baa Baas and the announcement was along the lines of "Try scored by ..... Oh my God!" followed by an attempt to say the name and then " And I 'ope he doesn't score again."
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!