Other teams woes

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Other teams woes

Post by ourla »

Listening to "The Rugby Pod" this morning (Joe Marler standing in for Jim Hamilton) I'd missed that Quins had lost to Treviso at the weekend in the Challenge Cup. Marler was bemoaning that Quins hadn't shown up after their great performance at home to the Chiefs the week before. They rested Care and Sinclair but other than that were at full strength. Just goes to show how difficult it is for a Leopard to change it's spots.

Will they make me eat my words on December 22nd.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Other teams woes

Post by ourla »

Back to Wasps there is a short interview with Dai Young (DoR) and Nick Eastwood (CEO) on BT Sport. The questioning was very soft IMO.

Young said that financially he wasn't at all impinged i.e., wages were at the cap. But that seemed to miss the point re: the finances. On the players leaving he basically fronted up saying yes they would be losing players for all sorts of reasons but that it was job to find replacements as good. Nothing particularly surprising but just more of a confirmation that Wasps player churn is as bad as ours and they will be rebuilding against next season. I don't think you can win trophies under such circumstances.

Eastwood was about the training facilities and he basically gave a timeline that indicated it would be 14+ months before it was done. He admitted they had broken their promises on that one. So Wasps isn't an attractive place to go from that point of view.

I get the feeling things are going to remain challenging for Wasps for a while yet.

How does this help us. Well, if we could get our act together we could overhaul them as contenders and take points off them each season!