Re: You're either with us all the time or don't be here at all

Post by RagingBull »

So he will be signing a new contract this week? :smt017 :smt002
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:27 pm So he will be signing a new contract this week? :smt017 :smt002
I'm sure he's keen to.

I'm also sure some of the boys will have seen some of the social media stuff and will be hurting. No one likes people telling them they're rubbish at their job. I just hope like they play like they're desperate to restore pride tomorrow.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

sam16111986 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:31 pm
RagingBull wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:27 pm So he will be signing a new contract this week? :smt017 :smt002
I'm sure he's keen to.

I'm also sure some of the boys will have seen some of the social media stuff and will be hurting. No one likes people telling them they're rubbish at their job. I just hope like they play like they're desperate to restore pride tomorrow.
Especially when those people can't do it better themselves.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

LTTV interview with Manu worth viewing. Some on here may want to watch this. I don't have a season ticket to guarantee a win, I have it to watch a game of Rugby, hopefully a win, but confident that the team will actually do their best. I just do not believe they set out to play badly or lose as some would infer.

The players will read these posts and what some say on here will have a detrimental effect on their confidence, something they do not need at the moment. I see my role is to support and I will continue to do so, through good and bad times. I hope I will never just bask in reflected glory when my team is doing well. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on here but I hope what we say is constructive rather than the converse.
As Good As It Gets
Ashurstwoodtiger

Post by Ashurstwoodtiger »

Well said Manu. Not the most fluent speaker but I think he is hurting at the moment on how things are working at present for the team. Of course the guys look at social media sources otherwise would not be asked to refrain from certain comments. Would YOU like to be criticised a lot of the time (however justified it may seem at the time) these comments must hurt. Time we put personal feelings to one side and GIVE THE GUYS SOME REAL SUPPORT. I am not worried what others on here feel these are MY OPIONS
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I'm not sure. "Your either with us or against us". Paraphrasing.
I feel in the club days loyalty was taken as read but as we look at a business franchise nowadays is the criticism of the delivered product to be expected when it falls short of anticipated levels?
There are people calling for heads at high level. Coaches, board members, players. How do you register dissatisfaction without disloyalty?
It's all something of a puzzle.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Big Dai wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:36 pm I'm not sure. "Your either with us or against us". Paraphrasing.
I feel in the club days loyalty was taken as read but as we look at a business franchise nowadays is the criticism of the delivered product to be expected when it falls short of anticipated levels?
There are people calling for heads at high level. Coaches, board members, players. How do you register dissatisfaction without disloyalty?
Agreed, any supporter is entitled to express their opinions as much as Manu is.
I would never countenance communicating to any player or indeed anyone else at Tigers "your either with us all the time or dont be here at all" because I consider the use of that phrase to be inappropriate at best and a veiled threat at worse.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

sapajo wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:22 pm
Big Dai wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:36 pm I'm not sure. "Your either with us or against us". Paraphrasing.
Agreed, any supporter is entitled to express their opinions as much as Manu is.
I would never countenance communicating to any player or indeed anyone else at Tigers "your either with us all the time or dont be here at all" because I consider the use of that phrase to be inappropriate at best and a veiled threat at worse.
You can't take offence at just the one phrase, the whole interview has to be taken in it's full context.
He clearly believes the squad can do something, it's about belief isn't it!
Obviously many fans are having doubts, a luxury players aren't really allowed.
They have more support at tigers but that also means more dissent.
If this bloke can keep going and the team get him plenty of good ball though then no reason to not believe that they can do something because he is a fantastic player at full tilt.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I take offence at what offends me and the subject statement that is the title of this thread does so. The fact that other supporters are content or indeed pleased with this statement is their right, but I retain my right to be offended.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

The thread title is a quote from the interview and I take no offence from it.

Given the position that the team are currently in, the message really appears to be calling for everyone to pull together as a team, one unit. Those that cant buy in to this are going to disrupt the team. Things are as they are and we can beat them till they are black and blue with criticism.......but they recognise it and have acknowledged that they read what is on social media and it hurts. They dont want to be in this position the same as all the fans dont like it. Get behind them and see the season out.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Always with the team....All of the time.......Throughout the good bad and ugly.
The discontent and disconnect is not with individuals of the team but the failure of the defensive set up that has got worse over 4-5 seasons.
Are we not allowed to discuss for fear of upsetting some one. The changing world we live in !
Sports commentators and media writers have all discussed the decline in our defensive ability and are asking similar questions.
Sorry if that touches a nerve with some players but we are just as invested in the team as those on a wage/salary.

Remember the comments of one Wayne Rooney after an English performance that supporters were dissatisfied - we, Tigers, have not gone that far and doubt never would.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

sapajo wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:21 am I take offence at what offends me and the subject statement that is the title of this thread does so. The fact that other supporters are content or indeed pleased with this statement is their right, but I retain my right to be offended.
*OPINION ALERT*
I believe the only people that are offended by something like this are either people that are not supporting the club, as if they are, this wouldn't offend them or snowflakes.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

To be fair I didn't take offence, I was just trying to dexpress the dichotomy of dedicated support in the club era versus the critical appraisal of a delivered product now the game has gone professional.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
NONAME
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by NONAME »

Totally agree with Manu. As for criticism lets make it constructive. You may be surprised to know that the Directors and Mr Cohen are always interested in hearing ideas which would enhance the club on or off the field. So instead of being negative all the time lets be constructive and get behind the team and the club.