SHIRTS

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

SHIRTS

Post by Dangerous4 »

Over the years the style of our shirts have changed, as happens at all top flight clubs. is obviously done to increase revenue, and best show sponsorship details. However, they appear to have lost the identity of being the "Tigers". The old green, white and red hoops that were so traditional, will never be surpassed, unless they can be resurrected. I would like to think this could be done.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: SHIRTS

Post by ellis9 »

Dangerous4 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:05 pm Over the years the style of our shirts have changed, as happens at all top flight clubs. is obviously done to increase revenue, and best show sponsorship details. However, they appear to have lost the identity of being the "Tigers". The old green, white and red hoops that were so traditional, will never be surpassed, unless they can be resurrected. I would like to think this could be done.
Green, red and white hoops? Do we not have those this season?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Lack of passion is nothing to do with the shirts. Plus if we just had the traditional shirts all the time, no one would buy them after a year and Tigers would loose out massively on sales. I can see why there is an argument for a retention of traditional home shirts but differing away shirts each year but that still wouldn't profit as much.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

The shirt in which we won our second Heineken Cup arguably had the 3rd fewest numbers of hoops in living memory. It also featured the first “solo” Tiger badge. So I don’t think hoops are necessarily the sole problem :smt002 :smt003
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

What is meant by our traditional shirts varies depending on when you first watched the Tigers, it would be good if we could return to a shirt being available before the season started. Watched a bit of the Varsity match today thought the shirts with collars looked good, like proper rugby shirts not tee shirts for the beach. O.K I know I am an old git but I liked them.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

I agree John, I don’t like shirts that look like advertising hoardings either!
Valhalla I am coming!