cheer ourselves up - Racing v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ashurstwoodtiger

Re: cheer ourselves up - Racing v Tigers

Post by Ashurstwoodtiger »

Ourla
Go to BT Player select search type in Racing should give option to select Leicester game 1hr 50mins
Hope that helps
Good luck and enjoy
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Cheers both!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

ellis9 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:27 am
BFG wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:44 pm
G.K wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:54 pm

Always second best, I'd add to the above too much poor kicking and poor lineout and tactics. Same thing week in week out for years now. :smt009
I agree regarding the kicking, not good enough from White and Ford.
If Leicester had a top half back pairing today I think they could've won that, Racing were so loose and lazy to defend, they left so many one v one, two v two and three v three's to attack, let alone the occasional easy available overlap.
Well if Youngs starts on Sunday, we will have a top half back pairing.

I also think you're being very harsh! Ford had a superb game and Ben White was excellent.
Harsh are the fine margins between winning and losing.
Ford kicking dead and a White grubbering into touch when we were near their 22 were two if the worst. :smt013
Anyway you think that's harsh, I might have to redecorate before Christmas now, my handling is about as straight as Racing's with pizza aimed at the telly now all over the lounge wall.
At least when Manu and Genge were carded I could blame the Welsh, no offence to any speakers of the native tongue!
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Manu gets carded because the referee fails to penalise Racing.

On the whole a much improved performance from Tigers but there were glaring deficiencies in defence that must be fixed.
The player's attitude was so much better but we were taken apart at times by a side that man for man we ought to be competing with.

If that was a rusty Genge, then he ought to be starting for England by the time of the 6N.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Two big plusses for me,Spencer and Thompson!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

mol2 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:24 pm Manu gets carded because the referee fails to penalise Racing.

On the whole a much improved performance from Tigers but there were glaring deficiencies in defence that must be fixed.
The player's attitude was so much better but we were taken apart at times by a side that man for man we ought to be competing with.

If that was a rusty Genge, then he ought to be starting for England by the time of the 6N.
It was their inside offloading game that killed us in the first half. We were tackling a bit lower to avoid a repeat of recent high tackle reds which meant the hands of the tackled player were freer and able to get the ball away. Racing exploited this well. It was encouraging to see that we were less susceptible to this 2nd half. I imagine it was part of the half time team talk.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Any laws experts out there? GF quick lineout try,kick is taken so how can Owens still go upstairs?! I thought that was the whole point about a quick conversion ,it can't be checked.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:37 pm Any laws experts out there? GF quick lineout try,kick is taken so how can Owens still go upstairs?! I thought that was the whole point about a quick conversion ,it can't be checked.
I don't think Owens was aware the kick had been taken
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

drc_007 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:50 pm
Scott1 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:37 pm Any laws experts out there? GF quick lineout try,kick is taken so how can Owens still go upstairs?! I thought that was the whole point about a quick conversion ,it can't be checked.
I don't think Owens was aware the kick had been taken
Correct, after he'd checked validity and they'd said it was ok he was told that the kick had already been taken to which he replied with surprise "Has it?" or words to that effect (heard over the TV commentary feed). Someone on or off field must have told him when he indicated it was OK to take the conversion which would have been interesting if he'd found a way to disallow it.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Thanks! Can you disallow it though if kick is taken? Foul play perhaps?
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:34 pm Two big plusses for me,Spencer and Thompson!
I thought so too.

This was a game we could have won. Racing were not all that good at all, but our defending was even worse. We could and should have put more points on the board, but the number of points scored against us, continues to be pretty shoddy.

If we execute better at home, then we should come out on top, but I don't see us progressing into the quarter finals. Negative of me? No, just being realistic, however much I hope I am wrong.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Much better performance with ball in hand but... defence defence defence defence!! How is it still so bad? Why didn't we just go after Gustard last season if we were going to get rid of MOC so quickly this season?

The lineout too...

For what it's worth, I thought White was very good, really snappy service to the backs.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Get a decent defence coach in now BoD!!!
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:05 pm Thanks! Can you disallow it though if kick is taken? Foul play perhaps?
Foul play is I think reason to go back if the conversion kick has been taken quickly. That does assume the ref has already awarded the try. If he hasn't then presumably you can't convert a try that hasn't yet been awarded.

Otherwise it is normally 2 phases (may be wrong on that)
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

BFG wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:34 pm
ellis9 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:27 am
BFG wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:44 pm

I agree regarding the kicking, not good enough from White and Ford.
If Leicester had a top half back pairing today I think they could've won that, Racing were so loose and lazy to defend, they left so many one v one, two v two and three v three's to attack, let alone the occasional easy available overlap.
Well if Youngs starts on Sunday, we will have a top half back pairing.

I also think you're being very harsh! Ford had a superb game and Ben White was excellent.
Harsh are the fine margins between winning and losing.
Ford kicking dead and a White grubbering into touch when we were near their 22 were two if the worst. :smt013
Anyway you think that's harsh, I might have to redecorate before Christmas now, my handling is about as straight as Racing's with pizza aimed at the telly now all over the lounge wall.
At least when Manu and Genge were carded I could blame the Welsh, no offence to any speakers of the native tongue!
So one mistake each? Definitely harsh.