cheer ourselves up - Racing v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: cheer ourselves up - Racing v Tigers

Post by markharbtiger »

Despite the loss a good effort. Pity about the yellow cards and some of the decisions that didn’t go our way. Thompson in particular looked v good.
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

WiggoTiger wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:51 pm Embarassment at tackling and defence time again. As usual put our selves in with a chance and we blow it yet again. Sadly we are a major spent force in Europe.
Is GM the option for success.... Maybe not tbh.
First time in ages I'm proud of my Tigers! Not perfect. Indiscipline cost us and also a bit of bad luck but we played with heart, pride and spirit for a full 80. Let's not forget that Racing are a top side, playing great rugby. We lost but at least we lost like Tigers.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Well done lads. Much better than many of us expected. Pride in the shirt.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

Great game to watch. Loads of positives going forward. I love the atmosphere and pitch. Was thrilling to watch such a pacey game.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

BigDan50 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:06 pm Why is it whenever we are losing or have lost some posters on here blame the ref, to many have a one eyed view, most ref decisions even themselves out over a match, stop blaming the ref for our inadequacies.
When he gives a knock on after it hit the face... Awful, let's RM players play the ball off their feet, let them hang on all the time. Poor Pro14 official shown for what he's worth. :censored: terrible.... Ref woeful.... Tigers much better and could have won with more luck from officials
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

BigDan50 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:06 pm Why is it whenever we are losing or have lost some posters on here blame the ref, to many have a one eyed view, most ref decisions even themselves out over a match, stop blaming the ref for our inadequacies.
If you're going to give a yellow to Genge when the breakdown collasped into the scrum, note the front row were still bound when viewed from above, then it needs to be the correct call. I've watched us press the self destruct button all season and I don't for a second believe that Owens is to blame for us not defending but we're accountable for our mistakes and he should be too.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Much much better, but Owens was awful.
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

And today was probably the first time we didn't press the self destruct button, we stayed in it right to the end. Great effort and a lot of positives to build on. Shame we lost Holmes, it was a surface made for him and May.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Certainly a lot of effort and commitment from the "team" today, they were not helped by 2 yellow cards, I have never been a fan of Nigel, but the classic ball in the face knock on takes the first prize. :smt005
Well done boys, errors will always be made but that one vital element, commitment, was there today, we could have won this!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Creditable performance on the carpet. There were mistakes on both sides, not just Tigers faults but a knock on from the face. Really Nigel, I think you cost us a point there.

Biggest fault for us was the inability to keep 15 on the pitch. Get them back to a nice, cold, muddy Welford Road and see how the fancy Dan stuff works then.

Altogether not a bad show......I'll have a Remy on that one.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Signs of real improvement, not a fan of White but he impressed me today! We are still brittle in defence but shudder to think what we could do if we could keep 15 men on the pitch for a whole game.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Bravo, Tigers! Can’t fault them for effort and with a bit more of the rub of the green, they may even have come away with a couple of bonus points.
Semper in excretia
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Ben White is a lot better than I thought he was going to be.
Massive shift from him.

That was a performance we can build upon, whether or not we do it remains to be seen.
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

WiggoTiger wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:51 pm Embarassment at tackling and defence time again. As usual put our selves in with a chance and we blow it yet again. Sadly we are a major spent force in Europe.
Is GM the option for success.... Maybe not tbh.
Well, if that’s your take on the best performance of the season...you’re not going to be the life and soul of any Christmas parties. Crack a smile, won’t you?!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Best wishes to Smithy for a speedy recovery that looked horrendous!
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity