Mike Ford is on his way !!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Mike Ford is on his way !!

Post by Scuttle »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:03 pm Don’t get what all the hate is for Ford senior. Our defence has been shocking recently even with Deacon coming in. Surely a set up like this would be much better than what we have now. Plus it should give us some stability going forwards which we can build on.

Head Coach: Murphy, deals with attack and backs
Senior Coach: Ford, deals with defence
Forwards Coach: Bakewell, deals with forwards
Scrum Coach: Stanko

Deacon and Allen can go back to coaching the academy lads coming up.
That sounds like a plan to me ! :smt038
As Good As It Gets
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

All good speculation but as yet no appointment has been made and if one were to be then in what capacity is again unknown.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

chewbacca wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:26 pm All good speculation but as yet no appointment has been made and if one were to be then in what capacity is again unknown.
Yep 5 pages and 66 posts of total speculation!
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

If we can't discuss speculation on an internet forum... where can we? :smt017
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Nothing wrong with it but it is just speculation, some are treating it as fact. Personally I would applaud the appointment of Mike Ford as the ensuing furore regarding dynasties and counter plots on here would rival Game Of Thrones :smt003
I'm not cynical just experienced
jaguar
Tiger Cub

Post by jaguar »

DingDong wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:04 am Ford Snr's CV is impressive as a coach, Ford Jnr is a IRB World Player Award winner, current England player and British & Irish Lions player. These are proven facts and not hearsay as the digs on here are about why Ford jnr left and re-joined, this public domain won't keep the haters in life away, but at least they can be highlighted for their ignorance.
Yes impressive as a coach what happened at Bath RFC he was removed players had a vote of no confidence. Ignorance no just facts and common sense
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

chewbacca wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:50 pm Nothing wrong with it but it is just speculation, some are treating it as fact. Personally I would applaud the appointment of Mike Ford as the ensuing furore regarding dynasties and counter plots on here would rival Game Of Thrones :smt003
Nice one Chewbacca. :smt023 Made me laugh :smt005 and ironically is probably true.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

If he is coming, then lets just all hope he can sort out our :censored: massive problems so that in 4 weeks time we have our self respect back....
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Please can we stick on topic rather than reading squabbles between induvidual users....it is the season of goodwill :smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Tigerbeat wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:29 pm Please can we stick on topic rather than reading squabbles between induvidual users....it is the season of goodwill :smt023
Oh no its not :smt003
As Good As It Gets
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:03 pm Don’t get what all the hate is for Ford senior. Our defence has been shocking recently even with Deacon coming in. Surely a set up like this would be much better than what we have now. Plus it should give us some stability going forwards which we can build on.

Head Coach: Murphy, deals with attack and backs
Senior Coach: Ford, deals with defence
Forwards Coach: Bakewell, deals with forwards
Scrum Coach: Stanko

Deacon and Allen can go back to coaching the academy lads coming up.
Can someone explain the improvement in the forwards since Bakewell came in ? There was an initial improvement, probably down to players thinking “I need to up my game to keep a starting spot”....then nothing. Forwards clueless, one off runners, carrying into contact, no latch to drive through the contact, no line breaks, no offloading - Bakewell, what are you doing ? Don’t start me on attack.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

Is he supposedly coming in as a head coach, DoR or defense coach?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Neil Fissler has recently tweeted

Hearing from multiple sources that Leicester Tigers are speaking to Mike Ford about joining their coaching team. Can’t say if it’s true or not. Working on it.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

I hope that's it's true. We need some impetus and some some ideas. Freshens things up and can't make things worse. If it's just for this season, what have we lost? We are going to be in a relegation dog fight anyway so what harm is there getting a proven coach to help out? This whole board is unanimous in waiting help for Murphy, now we could be getting, people have the hump because it's not Hanson!!
There is no one else out there at this time. Let's get some continuity and start to play like Tigers again. If worse happens then we get a Trip to Jersey and Cornwall next season...
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

By all means bring in Mike Ford as a defence coach, but please, not as a senior coach. We need better quality for that role.