Mike Ford is on his way !!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Mike Ford is on his way !!

Post by fortysix »

John Wells is out of contract at end of season I understand ..... he would be well worth 500K pa....
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

fortysix wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:01 am John Wells is out of contract at end of season I understand ..... he would be well worth 500K pa....
As is Deano.

I'd love them both back, but I can't see it.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

TTRITH wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:39 am
fortysix wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:01 am John Wells is out of contract at end of season I understand ..... he would be well worth 500K pa....
As is Deano.

I'd love them both back, but I can't see it.
No he isn't is he?

Pretty sure it's 2021.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

As an avid reader or this and other mesage boards and occasional contributor I have studied the requirements required in any new coaching appointment to the Tigers staff; firstly there should have been no previous contact with Tigers and ceratainly should never have played for the club, ruling out Dean Richards, John Wells, Paul Gustard, Sam Vesty, Joel Stransky, Sam Vesty, Pat Howard and Eddie Jones plus many others. They should not be related to any person currently playing for the Tigers or likely to sign for the Tigers. They should not be available immediately as that would suggest that they had failed in some way in their previous job. Tigers must not wait to make the appointment and must appoint someone immediately. Should there be a suitable person there will be a few message board contributors who will not approve on professional, social or moral grounds or just because disapproving is what they do best.
Me I don't care, I just want the team to win! If they do that I will be happy but being a bit of a realist when I am not clapping happily I realise that any appointee including Murphy will need time to make his changes work.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:41 am
No he isn't is he?

Pretty sure it's 2021.
Yep. He signed a 3 year deal in 2021.

I'd be surprised if John Wells isn't given a deal to mirror that of Deano in which case.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

johnthegriff wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:45 am As an avid reader or this and other mesage boards and occasional contributor I have studied the requirements required in any new coaching appointment to the Tigers staff; firstly there should have been no previous contact with Tigers and ceratainly should never have played for the club, ruling out Dean Richards, John Wells, Paul Gustard, Sam Vesty, Joel Stransky, Sam Vesty, Pat Howard and Eddie Jones plus many others. They should not be related to any person currently playing for the Tigers or likely to sign for the Tigers. They should not be available immediately as that would suggest that they had failed in some way in their previous job. Tigers must not wait to make the appointment and must appoint someone immediately. Should there be a suitable person there will be a few message board contributors who will not approve on professional, social or moral grounds or just because disapproving is what they do best.
Me I don't care, I just want the team to win! If they do that I will be happy but being a bit of a realist when I am not clapping happily I realise that any appointee including Murphy will need time to make his changes work.
:smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

johnthegriff wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:45 am As an avid reader or this and other mesage boards and occasional contributor I have studied the requirements required in any new coaching appointment to the Tigers staff; firstly there should have been no previous contact with Tigers and ceratainly should never have played for the club, ruling out Dean Richards, John Wells, Paul Gustard, Sam Vesty, Joel Stransky, Sam Vesty, Pat Howard and Eddie Jones plus many others. They should not be related to any person currently playing for the Tigers or likely to sign for the Tigers. They should not be available immediately as that would suggest that they had failed in some way in their previous job. Tigers must not wait to make the appointment and must appoint someone immediately. Should there be a suitable person there will be a few message board contributors who will not approve on professional, social or moral grounds or just because disapproving is what they do best.
So Rob Baxter then?! :smt023
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

When did this come in??? How did we appoint AM or M'OC then??? I take it that it is a bit of a tongue in cheek dig at the GG and SC
Hehehehehehehehe
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

trendylfj wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:28 pm
When did this come in??? How did we appoint AM or M'OC then??? I take it that it is a bit of a tongue in cheek dig at the GG and SC
It's more of a dig at people on here. He is clearly putting all of the comments from people on here about what they want and don't want. People moan that Tigers keep appointing coaches from within the club and keep saying that if a coach is currently out of a job they must be poor so why are we trying to get them?

He has a point!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

ellis9 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:31 pm
It's more of a dig at people on here. He is clearly putting all of the comments from people on here about what they want and don't want. People moan that Tigers keep appointing coaches from within the club and keep saying that if a coach is currently out of a job they must be poor so why are we trying to get them?

He has a point!
He is twisting the spade, and they are well made points.
However, I can save all the aggravation right now and fix the defence at the touch of my fingertips.
Firstly get or play a 9 that gives a monkeys, then play a 10 who isn't driven ten metres backwards in the tackle, then it'd be a suggestion to stop messing with the 12 position so much with a permanent solid body, especially when said 9/10/13 keep disappearing, and the 13 position has had so much in and out due to injury, then get a skipper that knows what the hell he is doing!
Finally if these things can't be changed then get a coach with the authority to change them, any background as long as is ruthless to a man in the pursuit of success.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

BFG wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:48 pm

He has a point!
However, I can save all the aggravation right now and fix the defence at the touch of my fingertips.
Firstly get or play a 9 that gives a monkeys, then play a 10 who isn't driven ten metres backwards in the tackle, then it'd be a suggestion to stop messing with the 12 position so much with a permanent solid body, especially when said 9/10/13 keep disappearing, and the 13 position has had so much in and out due to injury, then get a skipper that knows what the hell he is doing!
Finally if these things can't be changed then get a coach with the authority to change them, any background as long as is ruthless to a man in the pursuit of success.
Talking cobblers.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

ellis9 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:44 pm
BFG wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:48 pm

He has a point!
Talking cobblers.
That's fine by me, were you to agree then I'd be on the phone to my GP straight away!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Both George Ford and Ben Youngs have failed to impress me at club level this season.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

johnthegriff - the Sam Vesty twins, yes I remember them.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

G.K wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:04 pm johnthegriff - the Sam Vesty twins, yes I remember them.
He perhaps meant Tom or Ben.

John you are a very naughty man taking the mick out of all the gullible on this forum. :smt005 :smt046