Mike Ford is on his way !!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

brooksey845

Re: Mike Ford is on his way !!

Post by brooksey845 »

Dangerous4 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:32 pm Both George Ford and Ben Youngs have failed to impress me at club level this season.
I do agree with this Ben personally seems to do more in an England shirt. I was watching some rugby with my wasps supporter friend the other day and said that he doesnt seem to offer any real threat. You look at other scrum halves in the league such as Robson, De Klerk, Reniach, Hougaard and they are tracking inside runs and creating things.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

LE18 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:57 pm
G.K wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:04 pm johnthegriff - the Sam Vesty twins, yes I remember them.
He perhaps meant Tom or Ben.

John you are a very naughty man taking the mick out of all the gullible on this forum. :smt005 :smt046
...and, out of interest, the word 'gullible' is the only word in the Thesaurus without a synonym.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I am so flattered, G.K reads my posts, every word! It is a shame Sam Vesty was not a twin, he played, 10. 12 and 15 for us and never gave less than 100% and only introduced showboating to his game after he joined Bath, we could certainly do with him now.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

According to Mail Online we held interviews today with Dennis Betts and Brad Davis about a defence coach role. Other interesting things in the piece about Simon Cohen and the player group.
As Good As It Gets
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Scuttle wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:44 pm According to Mail Online we held interviews today with Dennis Betts and Brad Davis about a defence coach role. Other interesting things in the piece about Simon Cohen and the player group.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... -Road.html
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Scuttle wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:44 pm According to Mail Online we held interviews today with Dennis Betts and Brad Davis about a defence coach role. Other interesting things in the piece about Simon Cohen and the player group.
"However, there is growing tension within the squad. A faction of senior players believe that Murphy needs a highly-experienced coach to work alongside him, while he gets to grips with his demanding new role.

It is thought that Cohen has sounded out several players individually this week and they have asked the club hierarchy to delay any appointment until after the weekend, with a view to a delegation from the squad seeking further talks with leading officials about the recruitment plans.

Poor results and coaching upheaval have added to a long-standing sense of turmoil, which may impact on contract negotiations with players."
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

ellis9 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:55 pm
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... -Road.html
Thanks for providing the link Ellis. I must get to grips with technology!
As Good As It Gets
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Rather than worry about the coaching staff, I suggest the players might be better getting their heads down and working hard to put right all the frailties that we’ve seen this season. It starts with the performance. Sulking, body language and moaning doesn’t help. Maybe a selection of fans on here giving a speech to the players could work and show exactly what it means to us, and what a privileged position they are in to pull on the shirt.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

G.K wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:04 pm johnthegriff - the Sam Vesty twins, yes I remember them.

Sam Vesty was a terrific player. Therein lies a significant factor in Tigers decline, the demise of JCC as a supply line of talent. What has happened over there is nothing short of criminal. Tigers have suffered directly by not having local players desperate to step in who are more than happy to sweat blood for the team.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

There is criticism of people who want a new D.O.R. and the number of changes we have experienced in recent years. That's all well and good, but they were all necessary. Had the Board done their homework properly, they should have found the right man for the job, instead of clutching at straws, and hoping for the best. That is not the way to take the club forward, the end result being we have quickly gone backwards.

The way we play our rugby is not only far too predictable, but not suited for purpose. Mike Ford should make a decent defence coach, but again does not have the calibre of a D.O.R. here at Welford Road. The coach we need is that of a proven world quality coach, who knows how to make game changes, and also getting the very best out of his players. His role is far more important than that of any individual player, no matter how good they may be.

I have to admit that I cannot understand what the Board visualise as taking our club forward. At the same time it is frustrating to see what appears as laziness on the field by certain players, who have a mind-set that all they need to do is just turn up for a match. This needs urgent attention, without any doubt at all. It needs just one real quality D.O.R. to put us back on track before it is too late.
Ashurstwoodtiger

Post by Ashurstwoodtiger »

As said on herr many times to various posters and your choice is???
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Looking at the 150% enthusiasm and effort from Edinburgh and Newcastle, our gutless performances are a flaming embarrassment.
Lets hope the few who havent cut the mustard :censored: well improve in the next 4 weeks. Starting Sunday...
Mind you , one isnt playing...
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

fortysix wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:31 pm Looking at the 150% enthusiasm and effort from Edinburgh and Newcastle, our gutless performances are a flaming embarrassment.
Lets hope the few who havent cut the mustard :censored: well improve in the next 4 weeks. Starting Sunday...
Mind you , one isnt playing...
How big of you, singling out a player yet you don't have the guts to name him.
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

I would think he means Ben Youngs, Ellis9, because it's obvious Murphy has dropped him.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

norfolkexpat wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:47 am I would think he means Ben Youngs, Ellis9, because it's obvious Murphy has dropped him.
It's not "obvious" Murphy has dropped him. He may be managing his game time. Anyway, he may not be talking about Youngs as he still hasn't actually said who he is talking about, just criticised him, whoever it is.