Tigers allowed to leave

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers allowed to leave

Post by JP14 »

Green would walk into our 1st team, at l least I would anyway.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Exactly, second row is a current weakness when Slater and Green, both academy products, are arguably playing their best ever rugby at other clubs this season.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

JP14 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:10 pm Green would walk into our 1st team, at l least I would anyway.
Green left at a time when he was right to leave. He needed gametime post injury, second row here was stocked so he dropped down to Championship and proved his worth.

We need two lock signings but I'd have a player like Green back alongside a marquee lock anytime.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I never said that he shouldn’t have left in the 1st place, he would never be in the place he is now even if it has taken him quite some time. But I’m just saying that I would have walk straight back into the first team.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

It's odd that some of out injury prone ex-players seem to be less injury prone than when they were here?

Perhaps our training regime isn't right?

The problem that all sides have is spreading the salary cap and giving youngsters the opportunities to play.
Under Cockers and O'Connor those opportunities were few and far between so developing players often were left with little option but to leave to get game time and a bigger slice of the salary cap.

That's need to move isn't specific to Tigers or even to rugby. In many walks of life it's easier to get a pay rise with a new employer than if you stay with the one you are with.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

JP14 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:56 am I never said that he shouldn’t have left in the 1st place, he would never be in the place he is now even if it has taken him quite some time. But I’m just saying that I would have walk straight back into the first team.
Therefore, Tigers did right by the player. He wasn't going to get the opportunities to play very often and improve. Letting him go meant he could do just that.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Soggypitch wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:54 pm
Tiglon wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:31 pm 1. Fraser Balmain/Kieran Brookes
2. Harry Thacker/George McGuigan
3. Logovi'i Mulipola
4. Ed Slater
5. Calum Green/Dom Barrow
6. Jamie Gibson
8. Jordan Crane
9. Michael Young
10. Freddie Burns/Toby Flood
11. Henry Purdy/Alex Lewington
12. Billy Twelvetrees/Owain Williams
13. Will Hurrell
14. Vereniki Goneva/Paolo Odogwu

Have I missed anyone? Who would you push into 7 and 15?

There are a few top players in there, but if the Tigers fans are complaining about this lot being let go I can only imagine what the Wasps messageboard is like with Cipriani, the Vunipola's and Piutau's now facing them in the Premiership...
Thomas Waldron at 8 Julian Salvi at 7, not forgetting Geoff Parling, Julian Dupay, Scott Steele (9), Ford (before he came back), must be more...!
The original question was about players who have left Tigers and now play for another Premiership Club. I think all of those you listed are either retired or play outside the Premiership. As does Tommy Bell.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Soggypitch wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:54 pm
Tiglon wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:31 pm 1. Fraser Balmain/Kieran Brookes
2. Harry Thacker/George McGuigan
3. Logovi'i Mulipola
4. Ed Slater
5. Calum Green/Dom Barrow
6. Jamie Gibson
8. Jordan Crane
9. Michael Young
10. Freddie Burns/Toby Flood
11. Henry Purdy/Alex Lewington
12. Billy Twelvetrees/Owain Williams
13. Will Hurrell
14. Vereniki Goneva/Paolo Odogwu

Have I missed anyone? Who would you push into 7 and 15?

There are a few top players in there, but if the Tigers fans are complaining about this lot being let go I can only imagine what the Wasps messageboard is like with Cipriani, the Vunipola's and Piutau's now facing them in the Premiership...
Thomas Waldron at 8 Julian Salvi at 7, not forgetting Geoff Parling, Julian Dupay, Scott Steele (9), Ford (before he came back), must be more...!
You forgot Lewis Moody, Will Greenwood, Jaco man, Cockers !!! come on you can go back forever, you never really know who wanted to go and who was pushed
God created rugby so footballers have heros too