If you support a club.....

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JGT57

Re: If you support a club.....

Post by JGT57 »

There are a lot of very erudite fans posting on here, all bemoaning the same problems and circumstances and even querying each other’s credentials on a sliding scale of loyal fandom.
I have never posted on here before but have felt moved to this weekend because of the dire situation Tigers are approaching rapidly.
After today’s result we are effectively 3rd bottom .
Supporting Tigers for me is not a whim or cheap commitment but as a season ticket holder who uses 3 modes of public transport just to get to a home game does qualify me as a supporter AND a fan.
However, blind loyalty is a thing of the past, as is the current brand of Tigers rugby. I am free to buy a season ticket where I like but choose to support my local team. However, I shall renew my season ticket for 2019 - my only caveat is that I at least see SOME green shoots of a recovery before the end of the season. That would keep me happy.
But these are difficult times and call for difficult decisions to be made by those responsible.
In my own way I shall register my own protest by leaving my seat on 70 minutes at the Racing home game and retire to the Final Whistle and watch from there. It will be my peaceful protest but I will feel at least I have made a gesture to indicate my frustration that will be visible to all. The BoD et al will take note or ignore me. But I shall take my rugby elsewhere and yet sit and watch Tigers on BT sport. Discreetly. But I feel justified in that by delaying my decision until the end of next season I am yet again extending the hope for even just slight but visible improvements. Enjoyable rugby would be a start.
Feel free to join me. Thank you.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

JGT57 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:07 pm Enjoyable rugby would be a start.
I think this is the crux for most fans.

The key to turning up to WR has and always should be to enjoy the game, but sadly Tigers seem unable to muster a style of rugby to cheer the fans up.
Key to this would be to STOP KICKING THE DAMN BALL AWAY :smt013 :smt013
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

My wife and I will support Tigers even if we get relegated but having supported the team home and away,( apart from a few matches in seasons when playing rugby and soccer), since 1965, now is not the time to go on about how great we had been but how great we aspire to be.
At the moment, although patience is needed, many fans are rightly frustrated at the poor running of both the business and playing side.
Being realistic, with no rich owner, Tigers cannot, as has happened for 3 seasons, keep making heavy losses.
Therefore, keeping the paying fans loyal will only happen if the coaches and players deliver results.
At the moment, unlike in other periods of losses, there doesn’t seem to be anyone at the club with any answers as we keep seeing the same mistakes but now even the passion in our play is too inconsistent.
I want the club to be around long after I have gone so sincerely hope, someone on The B o D has the guts to make harsh decisions: and I don’t mean Murphy being sacked; give him total backing.
Louis

Post by Louis »

teds wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:13 pm
Louis wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:56 am Oh yeah, and whilst I'm at it, what is it with the performative nonsense on here?

"I am the MOST supportive fan because the club can never do wrong"
"I've been here years..."
"I am the MOST supportive fan because I am willing to repeatedly punch myself in the face, never turn up to a match, burn my season ticket, watch Northampton, and chop off my Gentleman Vegetables, to send a message to the Evil Board/Cockers..."

Just take a pause, my dudes! It's eminently mockable.
And your mockery of genuine Tigers fans helps how?
How? Hmmm. Not sure precisely how (I'll have a bit of a think). But it does help to precisely the same degree as performative nonsense that passes for seriousness.
Louis

Post by Louis »

sapajo wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:17 pm As is the club at this juncture
Now that did make I larf.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Sadly we have no players with skill sets like Cusworth, Woodward or Hare, who all created opportunities out of rubbish ball.
Wish Ford looked at how Cusworth played ….off the cuff and not lots of predictable kicking.
I'll support this club through thick and thin like I have done for years, but I'll vent my anger and frustration on here if I feel the club are not at the standard all our hardy fans expect.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

WiggoTiger wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:30 pm Sadly we have no players with skill sets like Cusworth, Woodward or Hare, who all created opportunities out of rubbish ball.
Wish Ford looked at how Cusworth played ….off the cuff and not lots of predictable kicking.
I'll support this club through thick and thin like I have done for years, but I'll vent my anger and frustration on here if I feel the club are not at the standard all our hardy fans expect.

I mentioned Cusworh's only a couple of days age. Add Paul Dodge to the names. Players like them in the current side would keep us at the top end of the table, and not in the doldrums, as we are now.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Dangerous4 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:47 pm
WiggoTiger wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:30 pm Sadly we have no players with skill sets like Cusworth, Woodward or Hare, who all created opportunities out of rubbish ball.

I mentioned Cusworh's only a couple of days age. Add Paul Dodge to the names. Players like them in the current side would keep us at the top end of the table, and not in the doldrums, as we are now.
Sadly those players wanted to play for the club and shirt, money wasn't their prime motive (as there wasn't any). They trained twice a week and had a real job. That team of the 70's/80's would give this team the run around. Barry Evans would have a field day!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!