December 2018 - a critical month for those at the helm of Leicester FC

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: December 2018 - a critical month for those at the helm of Leicester FC

Post by Soggypitch »

The whole 1st team squad should be out having a good drink tonight, a lot of banter and get really stuck into training this week, before we field our best 15 for all the upcoming European and Prem fixtures.

Some proper bonding is required, the players just don't seem to be playing for each other.

I was skiing in Switzerland a couple of years ago and was surprised to bump into the entire Sarries squad in a bar on the slopes.

They had all been sledging down a 10km course in La Tzoumaz, some may say more dangerous than skiing!!! But they were having a great time and were very obviously a close knit bunch. I think they still do a lot of that sort of thing.

Rugby is the ultimate team sport, you have to want to win for your mates, the team/badge yes, but first and foremost your mates, never let them down. Tigers need a lot more of that spirit in the squad!! (Plus a lesson in tackling!! :smt003 ).
Soggypitch
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Soggypitch wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:08 pm The whole 1st team squad should be out having a good drink tonight, a lot of banter and get really stuck into training this week, before we field our best 15 for all the upcoming European and Prem fixtures.

Some proper bonding is required, the players just don't seem to be playing for each other.

I was skiing in Switzerland a couple of years ago and was surprised to bump into the entire Sarries squad in a bar on the slopes.

They had all been sledging down a 10km course in La Tzoumaz, some may say more dangerous than skiing!!! But they were having a great time and were very obviously a close knit bunch. I think they still do a lot of that sort of thing.

Rugby is the ultimate team sport, you have to want to win for your mates, the team/badge yes, but first and foremost your mates, never let them down. Tigers need a lot more of that spirit in the squad!! (Plus a lesson in tackling!! :smt003 ).
...and 'well done' for not including the phrase 'on the piste'! :smt030
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Tigers did a team bonding exercise to the Aqua Park at Rutland Water last year but you need more than a day to effectivley bond with a team.

However there was no such bonding exercise this year, unless Tigerbeat can correct me. Definitely O’Connor’s fault that one.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Looking for crumbs of comfort - we've already played the 'away' fixture for 3 out of the top 4 this season.

(Chiefs, Pests, C&Ws)
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

strawclearer wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:25 pm Looking for crumbs of comfort - we've already played the 'away' fixture for 3 out of the top 4 this season.

(Chiefs, Pests, C&Ws)
Surely that should be "crumbies" of comfort :smt003 I'll get my coat!
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!