Simon Cohen and Ged Glynn

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Simon Cohen and Ged Glynn

Post by JP14 »

Can’t wait for the conveyer belt of dribble and excuses we’re gonna get from Cohen!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Yorkietiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Yorkietiger »

Pair of utter wasters, the reason I am dumping me season ticket at the end of the season. I've seen enough, they can find some other mug to fund the hotel, car park and other assorted excrement they are focussed on.
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

strawclearer wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:39 pm I wonder about the position of Ben Kay and Rory Underwood.

If I were an ex-player on the BoD and I had contributed to and agreed the changes that have led to the present predicament, I would resign.

If I had been arguing against those changes but had been ignored, I would resign.

So............. :smt017
Spot on!
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

I didn't notice this thread started so put a comment on another. Copied here for erudite guidance and info........

Genuine question. Who is Ged Glynn and what is his background to make him suitable (or not) for the role he has or that of a would be DOR. His pedigree does not stand out as suitable to me.
As Good As It Gets
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Yorkietiger wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:03 pm Pair of utter wasters, the reason I am dumping me season ticket at the end of the season. I've seen enough, they can find some other mug to fund the hotel, car park and other assorted excrement they are focussed on.
Bye bye! :smt006
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Scuttle wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:40 pm I didn't notice this thread started so put a comment on another. Copied here for erudite guidance and info........

Genuine question. Who is Ged Glynn and what is his background to make him suitable (or not) for the role he has or that of a would be DOR. His pedigree does not stand out as suitable to me.
I believe he was one of the people that contributed to running Orrel into the ground during one of their numerous resurrections, other than that I'm not sure
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

" I believe he was one of the people that contributed to running Orrel into the ground during one of their numerous resurrections, other than that I'm not sure"

Thanks. Maybe should have known as that was my home territory as a youngster
As Good As It Gets
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

A former fly-half with Orrell, Ged Glynn gained extensive coaching experience with Loughborough University, Cambridge University, Rotherham, London Irish, England Under-21s, England 'A' and for six years from 2004 was head coach of the Spanish national team.

He joined Leicester Tigers as chief scout in 2010 and became Head of Rugby operations in 2014.

He also played club rugby in France and set up an activity centre in Meymac near Brive in 1986 which is still going strong.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

So nobody blames the Board? Failure over 5 seasons to invest in proper good seasoned coaches, not enough cosches, always hiring beginner old boys? To my mind the Glynn criticism may be well placed. Cohen doesn't coach the team so bears collective responsibility with the rest of the Board.
Logically, Scott, Tom and the shareholders need to sack themselves,
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

jgriffin wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:16 am So nobody blames the Board? Failure over 5 seasons to invest in proper good seasoned coaches, not enough cosches, always hiring beginner old boys? To my mind the Glynn criticism may be well placed. Cohen doesn't coach the team so bears collective responsibility with the rest of the Board.
Logically, Scott, Tom and the shareholders need to sack themselves,
Cohen is very much involved in recuitment and contracts.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

I dont blame the players, if they arent good enough it isnt their fault somebody signed them. I dont blame the coaches by similar argument. I do blame however those who employed them. The executive of the club (BoD) are absolutely not fit for purpose in running a premiership rugby team they have no vision or competence with respect to what should be the core business of building a successful team and winning competitions as the last 5 or more years have shown.
I'm not cynical just experienced
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I wouldn’t be surprised if the club does make a statement in the week of so. A result of that kind should have consequences, emphasis on the should have.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Supporters have a share of the responsibility.
I remember the huge pressure to get rid of Cockerill, and by the same people who are still moaning now.
When you sack leaders the moaners automatically assume that things will get better and completely overlook the fact that there is a possibility that it can also get worse.
Better the devil you know!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

If Cohen and Glynn have a spark of decency in them they should resign now. However I feel quite sure they wont.

I wont repeat my post following the Bristol debacle, but if things remain as they are now, we will remain cannon fodder for the rest of the Premiership clubs, not just this season, but for the foreseeable future. We would currently struggle against some Championship sides.

Supporters pay a great deal of money for their season tickets, and deserve better than they get now. The attendances will surely fall come next season, unless drastic action is taken by the board now. They should take a good long look at themselves, and use some common sense, NOW.
nasher

Post by nasher »

Most posters on here are appalled at the downward spiral the current BOD have created, does the feeling extend to shareholders and if so are there enough to
1 Call an Extraordinary General Meeting
2 Remove the current Board
Unfortunately the articles are usually stacked in favour of the Board so it may be pointless but if something is not done we can look forward to being the only Championship side with a fine stadium,it's own hotel and hospitality joints but no RUGBY team worth talking about except for epithets like "thrashed",
Leaderless, devoid of ideas cannonfodder etc.
Shareholders it is in your hands I for one have no faith in the current board and the motivation of some senior players.