Simon Cohen and Ged Glynn

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 9091
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Simon Cohen and Ged Glynn

Post by RagingBull » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:20 pm

Need to go.
Venter hasn't got a job I think perfect replacement for Glynn

chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1174
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:25 pm

Re: Simon Cohen and Ged Glynn

Post by chewbacca » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:21 pm

Been saying so for ages. But would he want it !
I'm not cynical just experienced

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4067
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Simon Cohen and Ged Glynn

Post by strawclearer » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:30 pm

chewbacca wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:21 pm
Been saying so for ages. But would he want it !
Best time to take something on is when it seemingly couldn't get worse!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives

norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:23 pm

Re: Simon Cohen and Ged Glynn

Post by norfolkexpat » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:46 pm

Please please please resign the pair of you who have collectively WRECKED our once great Club..

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 6585
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Burbage

Re: Simon Cohen and Ged Glynn

Post by JP14 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:50 pm

Cohen won't go until the hotel is finished.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

TigerCam
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3678
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Simon Cohen and Ged Glynn

Post by TigerCam » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:54 pm

chewbacca wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:21 pm
Been saying so for ages. But would he want it !
Never known Venter to be scared of a challenge? Look at what he did for Sarries?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat

chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1174
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:25 pm

Re: Simon Cohen and Ged Glynn

Post by chewbacca » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:55 pm

I think it was more a reflection as to whether he would want to work with this board. I wouldnt
I'm not cynical just experienced

TigerCam
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3678
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Simon Cohen and Ged Glynn

Post by TigerCam » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:55 pm

JP14 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:50 pm
Cohen won't go until the hotel is finished.
He is looking to be the head porter?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 9091
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Simon Cohen and Ged Glynn

Post by RagingBull » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:02 pm

Venter wouldn't care.

He took charge of Irish. (Well for a bit)

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5224
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:23 am
Location: Roaming

Re: Simon Cohen and Ged Glynn

Post by WhitecapTiger » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:20 pm

TigerCam wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:55 pm
JP14 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:50 pm
Cohen won't go until the hotel is finished.
He is looking to be the head porter?
I'd rather carry my own bags thanks
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4067
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Simon Cohen and Ged Glynn

Post by strawclearer » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:39 pm

I wonder about the position of Ben Kay and Rory Underwood.

If I were an ex-player on the BoD and I had contributed to and agreed the changes that have led to the present predicament, I would resign.

If I had been arguing against those changes but had been ignored, I would resign.

So............. :smt017
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives

TTRITH
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2879
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:31 pm
Location: Hoddesdon
Contact:

Re: Simon Cohen and Ged Glynn

Post by TTRITH » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:00 pm

You've missed one out RB.

It wasn't Simon Cohen who insisted on Matt O'Connor and it wasn't Simon Cohen who refused to sack him end of season and then sack him after the Exeter game.

We're playing :censored:. We have an unbalanced squad. We have the hotel and car park, at the expense of a defense coach. We hired a forwards coach, who after an initial impact has done nothing. We gave the Head Coach role to a guy who has been skills coach for 3 years and in that time our basic skills got worse. We are losing money.

Yet the board ignores that. Simon Cohen has got himself into a position that makes it very hard to get rid of. Ged Glynn who has overseen the building of an unbalanced squad is in a role for which he has no experience, but he's best mates with mr cohen so nowt will change.

Jersey away anyone?
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 6585
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Burbage

Re: Simon Cohen and Ged Glynn

Post by JP14 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:00 pm

JP14 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:50 pm
Cohen won't go until the hotel is finished.
He would want to oversee it most likely until construction is complete.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 6585
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Burbage

Re: Simon Cohen and Ged Glynn

Post by JP14 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:01 pm

TTRITH wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:00 pm
You've missed one out RB.

It wasn't Simon Cohen who insisted on Matt O'Connor and it wasn't Simon Cohen who refused to sack him end of season and then sack him after the Exeter game.

We're playing :censored:. We have an unbalanced squad. We have the hotel and car park, at the expense of a defense coach. We hired a forwards coach, who after an initial impact has done nothing. We gave the Head Coach role to a guy who has been skills coach for 3 years and in that time our basic skills got worse. We are losing money.

Yet the board ignores that. Simon Cohen has got himself into a position that makes it very hard to get rid of. Ged Glynn who has overseen the building of an unbalanced squad is in a role for which he has no experience, but he's best mates with mr cohen so nowt will change.

Jersey away anyone?
It’ll be warm at least :smt023.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 965
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:12 pm

Re: Simon Cohen and Ged Glynn

Post by Spicer » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:31 pm

Perhaps they should stick to the corperate side of things, not the rugby which they clearly don't know much about.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CrumblingTerrace, FrontRowUnionMember, jgriffin and 2 guests