Bristol v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
sam16111986
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3070
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:27 pm
Location: Shepshed

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by sam16111986 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:58 pm

BFG wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:07 pm
It's a shame Bateman is unavailable.
Given the need to find balance I can understand the thinking of Kerr to start and TPN on the bench, just a great shame that it could be letting Bristol off the hook a little at scrum time, but that's only if they all drop the ball a lot!
Kerr has looked solid at scrum time when he's come on. Against Sarries the scrum was just as good when he replaced OTY. Big advantage with him starting is currently he's our best lineout hooker. TPN has been prone to an overthrow this season.

Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 941
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:12 pm

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by Spicer » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:02 pm

Good on Kerr! I hope Genge is ready after Bateman's injury.
I'm a little surprised about Fitzgerald and Wells on the bench. They are pretty similar. Mappapalangi, Evans or Reffell would of provided a different option.

This is really a must win match. We will be dragged into a relegation fight otherwise.

BFG
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2336
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:19 pm

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by BFG » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:34 pm

sam16111986 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:58 pm
BFG wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:07 pm
It's a shame Bateman is unavailable.
Given the need to find balance I can understand the thinking of Kerr to start and TPN on the bench, just a great shame that it could be letting Bristol off the hook a little at scrum time, but that's only if they all drop the ball a lot!
Kerr has looked solid at scrum time when he's come on. Against Sarries the scrum was just as good when he replaced OTY. Big advantage with him starting is currently he's our best lineout hooker. TPN has been prone to an overthrow this season.
Yes he has looked alright but I was more thinking about the ability to take them apart than just parity, never know it still might be the case.

sam16111986
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3070
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:27 pm
Location: Shepshed

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by sam16111986 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:46 pm

BFG wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:34 pm
sam16111986 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:58 pm
BFG wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:07 pm
It's a shame Bateman is unavailable.
Given the need to find balance I can understand the thinking of Kerr to start and TPN on the bench, just a great shame that it could be letting Bristol off the hook a little at scrum time, but that's only if they all drop the ball a lot!
Kerr has looked solid at scrum time when he's come on. Against Sarries the scrum was just as good when he replaced OTY. Big advantage with him starting is currently he's our best lineout hooker. TPN has been prone to an overthrow this season.
Yes he has looked alright but I was more thinking about the ability to take them apart than just parity, never know it still might be the case.
Hope so, we need to dominate in the tight exchanges in order to win this one. Having TPN coming off the bench will give us some good impact as he's a bit of a monster in the loose. Murphy might also have the Scarlets game in his mind where TPN faded badly because of the pace of the game.

TigerCam
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3613
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by TigerCam » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:39 pm

ourla wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:04 pm
Liking the faith in Jake Kerr.

That's a great starting XV with a bit of extra ammuition on the bench.

We really should/need to win this.

Yes, they should but..............? The Bears did a good job on Exeter! There is always the need but it does warrant a sense of urgency? If the Tigers can't get this win then it will only endorse my doubts about the Tigers BoD and management abilities?

Robespierre
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 854
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 am
Location: Toulouse

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by Robespierre » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:42 pm

Spicer wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:02 pm
We will be dragged into a relegation fight otherwise.
Not another one! :smt015
Semper in excreta

Ian Cant
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 693
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 10:51 am

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by Ian Cant » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:13 pm

We could easily lose this ( their attack has been very good, even against the top teams) and like it or not, with the Six Nations to come, we could be in a relegation battle along with 5 other clubs!
SecondlyTigers rarely hit form once the internationals return and I hope Genge lasts at least sixty and doesn’t get carded as he will be frustrated to have been out so long.
Please prove me wrong!

Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2505
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:30 pm
Location: Lincoln

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by Hot_Charlie » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:43 pm

I think that by the end of the season Kerr could clearly be our first choice number 2.

tigerssteve
Top Cat
Top Cat
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:40 pm

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by tigerssteve » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:55 pm

RagingBull wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:27 pm
2 people is not really that much.

Though there are some that still think Burns is better than Ford. :smt017
Billy is! Not Freddie. It's more than two now!

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3495
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by strawclearer » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:48 pm

With Quins beating Chiefs and Gloucester home to Warriors - we need this one more than ever!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Help save the Oceans - #RefuseTheStraw!

Scuttle
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 351
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:13 pm

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by Scuttle » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:00 am

strawclearer wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:48 pm
With Quins beating Chiefs and Gloucester home to Warriors - we need this one more than ever!
Indeed we do otherwise the posters on here will be unbearable. 😂😂😂😂
As Good As It Gets

CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 829
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:53 am

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by CitizenSmiff » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:43 am

Scuttle wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:00 am
strawclearer wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:48 pm
With Quins beating Chiefs and Gloucester home to Warriors - we need this one more than ever!
Indeed we do otherwise the posters on here will be unbearable. 😂😂😂😂
With good reason, Bristol are one of the weakest teams in the league and we have our internationals back. If we can't win this we might as well become a darts team or something instead.

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 932
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:15 pm
Location: High Wycombe, Bucks.

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by Dangerous4 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:10 pm

Without a doubt today's game is a must win. A slip up, and we are going to be struggling in the relegation zone. We must bounce back. Key moment methinks for the players confidence to be resurrected, as well as getting the points.

fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1164
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:22 pm

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by fortysix » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:34 pm

Cannot see if match is on BET365----------------anyone any ideas please ?

Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 941
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:12 pm

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by Spicer » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:57 pm

https://www.vipleague.lc/1-bristol-vs-l ... -streaming

Get Ad blocker and anti virus software on.

I'm going to the football so can't watch the whole match.

Although Thacker has scored inside a minute....

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests