Bristol v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5154
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:23 am
Location: Roaming

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by WhitecapTiger » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:01 pm

RagingBull wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:34 pm
In a realistic world I would really only keep Murphy and Stanko.
Dream world
Robertson- DOR/Forwards Coach
Plumtree- Head Coach/Defence Coach
Vesty - Backs Coach
Stanko - Scrum Coach
Newby - Breakdown Coach
John Fletcher - Head of development

People out of contract I wouldn't mind.
Head of rugby operations - Ben Ryan
Director of Rugby/Defence coach - Venter
Head Coach/Back coach - Murphy
Forwards Coach - Mckee
Scrum Coach - Stank
Don't mind either of those lineups tbh but, is it not more realistic to think we'd appoint either one or both of a DOR & Head Coach (with agreement between the two) and they would then (probably) insist on their own coaching lineup or at least a very big say in appointments to avoid cronyism, meddling and to have a clean slate? OK, so maybe some persuasion from the club for certain appointment suggestions may be listened to but if I was a DOR/HC coming in to this (apparent) mess then I'd be saying I want my own team with me or final say over potential recruits whilst maybe thinking of keeping one or two (Smurph / Stanko) existing staff for their inside knowledge where it was appropriate.

If going with the second suggested lineup I'd separate Smurph from HC & Backs coach and have Vesty from your first list as backs coach leaving Smurph to HC role and also Newby as breakdown coach. Not very realistic I guess (fantasy land) to have fingers in both lists/pies, too many cooks may come into the equation and it would undoubtedly cost a fortune, contract buy outs where applicable etc, but if they're serious about recovery then bucks will have to be found and spent and it will STILL take time.

I really do now think that the board have languished too long in the belief that we're the best supported club blah blah blah and may have taken supporters for granted once too often with the result that it's going to bite them on the collective Aris if effective changes are not made soon.

However, getting rid of the coaching team now will only leave further egg on face and club/personal reputations tarnished further - but so be it.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5154
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:23 am
Location: Roaming

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by WhitecapTiger » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:13 pm

newport tiger wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:41 pm
In so many of our games we seem to huff & puff going through multiple phases in order to gain ten metres only to cough the ball up and watch one man scythe through our defence with very little effort. Our offloading is non existent as players go into contact with no support and concede penalty after penalty, they seem to lack any gameplan or ability to play what is in front of them.
Absolutely nailed it IMO.

Someone somewhere within the club must be reviewing our and others games and seeing what works and what doesn't, the single man into contact without support / latched players is mind numbingly stupid, repetitive and predictable, that's usually after we've minced around at a breakdown allowing the opposition defence to re-align and prepare for our one man onslaught. Surely the players can see this and are able to devise / employ an effective method, if they're suggesting it then someone in the coaching staff who is vetoing the ideas needs ejecting quickly, or the players need to grow a set and do what works on the pitch.

We do fail to offload when it seems obvious (to crowd) to do so but then we also seem to look for the miracle pass / offload when it is not on and/or suicidal to do so. We have played that before and have shown we can do it now and then, normally when a game is gone. That to me is a lack of coach and player nouse coupled with some serious under confidence.

No structure, no heads up ability....by the looks of it week by week, hoping for a moment of individual brilliance and when it doesn't happen heads drop.

Very talented individual players in the most part, but an awfully constructed and drilled 'team' (in the loosest sense of that word as they don't appear to be playing for each other). Lots of pretty jigsaw pieces that look like they should fit but the final picture/pattern is indecipherable and not pretty on the eye.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.

wellstiger
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 746
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:56 am

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by wellstiger » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:15 pm

And God bless all who sailed in her.........
The fighting Temeraire springs to mind, good in her day but going to the knackers yard.......

20yearsatiger
Tiger Cub
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:31 pm

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by 20yearsatiger » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:40 pm

Just seen Geordans 20 second post match interview. Says it was appalling. And has banned players from doing any media interviews post match. Unheard of!!

This must stop. I’ve been attending Welford Road for 25 years and it is painful to watch my club dying in front of my eyes.
Please Tigers. Make this stop. Coaching team needs clearing out and new team in to start building for next season now.

WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2889
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: WIGSTON FIELDS

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by WiggoTiger » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:05 pm

markharbtiger wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:41 pm
10-41!!!!!!!!
I’m sure they’ll be some positive spin on this from someone. But I am increasingly thinking a relegation fight (or even relegation) might shake things up a bit. Things seem to need shaking up...very sad.
Sadly I've said this to many friends and colleagues, I still believe we aren't good enough for the prem. We struggled against a terrible L Irish in pre season. Relegation would shake everything up from shipping dead wood to hitting the club hard in the pocket and then they may wake up and smell the coffee! Sadly week on week the stands at WR are becoming empty.
We have become the laughing stock of English rugby. As i've said before we are 10 years behind the top clubs. :smt013 :smt013
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by ellis9 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:12 pm

WiggoTiger wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:05 pm
markharbtiger wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:41 pm
10-41!!!!!!!!
I’m sure they’ll be some positive spin on this from someone. But I am increasingly thinking a relegation fight (or even relegation) might shake things up a bit. Things seem to need shaking up...very sad.
Sadly I've said this to many friends and colleagues, I still believe we aren't good enough for the prem. We struggled against a terrible L Irish in pre season. Relegation would shake everything up from shipping dead wood to hitting the club hard in the pocket and then they may wake up and smell the coffee! Sadly week on week the stands at WR are becoming empty.
We have become the laughing stock of English rugby. As i've said before we are 10 years behind the top clubs. :smt013 :smt013
Why are the stands becoming empty? Probably because people only want to support the club in the good times. The team need fans more than ever but some people only want to support the club in positive times. The team need our support more than ever. Get your backsides to the stadium and show the players we support them. Then again, if you don't want to support them, then it's probably best you stay away.

WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2889
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: WIGSTON FIELDS

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by WiggoTiger » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:18 pm

ellis9 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:12 pm
WiggoTiger wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:05 pm
markharbtiger wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:41 pm
10-41!!!!!!!!
I’m sure they’ll be some positive spin on this from someone. But I am increasingly thinking a relegation fight (or even relegation) might shake things up a bit. Things seem to need shaking up...very sad.
Sadly I've said this to many friends and colleagues, I still believe we aren't good enough for the prem. We struggled against a terrible L Irish in pre season. Relegation would shake everything up from shipping dead wood to hitting the club hard in the pocket and then they may wake up and smell the coffee! Sadly week on week the stands at WR are becoming empty.
We have become the laughing stock of English rugby. As i've said before we are 10 years behind the top clubs. :smt013 :smt013
Why are the stands becoming empty? Probably because people only want to support the club in the good times. The team need fans more than ever but some people only want to support the club in positive times. The team need our support more than ever. Get your backsides to the stadium and show the players we support them. Then again, if you don't want to support them, then it's probably best you stay away.
Fans are staying away due to the team being absolutely dire and clueless.. I know people who supported through thick and thin (way before you started supporting) but have given up on the basis that the enjoyment of watching exciting rugby by the Tigers has long since disappeared. Sadly the players bear the brunt for empty seats, play badly and show no passion for the shirt that the fans have done for years people give upon you. Rubbish rugby, rubbish catering, rubbish shop, rubbish management = disallusioned fans that find something else to do. This = no revenue = relegation!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by ellis9 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:20 pm

WiggoTiger wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:18 pm
ellis9 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:12 pm
WiggoTiger wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:05 pm


Sadly I've said this to many friends and colleagues, I still believe we aren't good enough for the prem. We struggled against a terrible L Irish in pre season. Relegation would shake everything up from shipping dead wood to hitting the club hard in the pocket and then they may wake up and smell the coffee! Sadly week on week the stands at WR are becoming empty.
We have become the laughing stock of English rugby. As i've said before we are 10 years behind the top clubs. :smt013 :smt013
Why are the stands becoming empty? Probably because people only want to support the club in the good times. The team need fans more than ever but some people only want to support the club in positive times. The team need our support more than ever. Get your backsides to the stadium and show the players we support them. Then again, if you don't want to support them, then it's probably best you stay away.
Fans are staying away due to the team being absolutely dire and clueless.. I know people who supported through thick and thin (way before you started supporting) but have given up on the basis that the enjoyment of watching exciting rugby by the Tigers has long since disappeared. Sadly the players bear the brunt for empty seats, play badly and show no passion for the shirt that the fans have done for years people give upon you. Rubbish rugby, rubbish catering, rubbish shop, rubbish management = disallusioned fans that find something else to do. This = no revenue = relegation!!
You've just proved my point.

WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2889
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: WIGSTON FIELDS

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by WiggoTiger » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:23 pm

Sadly Ellis9 you say people aren't passionate about this club, you're wrong. The passion of quitting season tickets is about making a stand about the club we love. The sad demise of the club everyone looked up to from the 1970's onwards shows that the whole spine of the club has gone wrong.
Relegation is the only way this club can rise from this dross.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by ellis9 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:32 pm

WiggoTiger wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:23 pm
Sadly Ellis9 you say people aren't passionate about this club, you're wrong. The passion of quitting season tickets is about making a stand about the club we love. The sad demise of the club everyone looked up to from the 1970's onwards shows that the whole spine of the club has gone wrong.
Relegation is the only way this club can rise from this dross.
Hollocks! Anyone wanting us to get relegated can stop supporting us now.

20yearsatiger
Tiger Cub
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:31 pm

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by 20yearsatiger » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:34 pm

Anyone else noticed that LCFC bought the Watford fans free food and drink at their game today.
After today’s omnishambles I wonder if our board will do something for our fans at our next home game.
I suspect too much to ask!

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by ellis9 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:38 pm

20yearsatiger wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:34 pm
Anyone else noticed that LCFC bought the Watford fans free food and drink at their game today.
After today’s omnishambles I wonder if our board will do something for our fans at our next home game.
I suspect too much to ask!
Too much cost as well. People keep saying they want more money invested in the squad instead of other areas yet you want the club to spend money on giving us freebies?

20yearsatiger
Tiger Cub
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:31 pm

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by 20yearsatiger » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:46 pm

ellis9 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:38 pm
20yearsatiger wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:34 pm
Anyone else noticed that LCFC bought the Watford fans free food and drink at their game today.
After today’s omnishambles I wonder if our board will do something for our fans at our next home game.
I suspect too much to ask!
Too much cost as well. People keep saying they want more money invested in the squad instead of other areas yet you want the club to spend money on giving us freebies?
No! I DO want the board to invest in the squad and coaches but they’re not. So as a poor 2nd, I wonder if they might give the fans some form of gesture to apologise for the constant dross that we are subjected to. But highly doubt it.

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by ellis9 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:47 pm

20yearsatiger wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:46 pm
ellis9 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:38 pm
20yearsatiger wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:34 pm
Anyone else noticed that LCFC bought the Watford fans free food and drink at their game today.
After today’s omnishambles I wonder if our board will do something for our fans at our next home game.
I suspect too much to ask!
Too much cost as well. People keep saying they want more money invested in the squad instead of other areas yet you want the club to spend money on giving us freebies?
No! I DO want the board to invest in the squad and coaches but they’re not. So as a poor 2nd, I wonder if they might give the fans some form of gesture to apologise for the constant dross that we are subjected to. But highly doubt it.
In what way are they not investing in the squad?

20yearsatiger
Tiger Cub
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:31 pm

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by 20yearsatiger » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:53 pm

ellis9 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:47 pm
20yearsatiger wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:46 pm
ellis9 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:38 pm


Too much cost as well. People keep saying they want more money invested in the squad instead of other areas yet you want the club to spend money on giving us freebies?
No! I DO want the board to invest in the squad and coaches but they’re not. So as a poor 2nd, I wonder if they might give the fans some form of gesture to apologise for the constant dross that we are subjected to. But highly doubt it.
In what way are they not investing in the squad?
For example, for the first time in decades not one England forward is currently from our great club. Our recruitment for the past couple of years is embarrassing.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests