Bristol v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

glenn

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by glenn »

In response to ourla,

How nice to see positive feedback and hope, I can't get to games through work and finances at the moment, which means to some I'm a glory supporter. I have seen the highs and lows, but I'm still here, in my red white and green. Always will be. There have been some great parts to our game but as said some utter dross. Give GM a chance to coach his squad with a full set of fit players, then we can judge
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

ourla wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:09 am
G.K wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:46 pm Well I only just watched the match lat night and I don't know which is more depressing, watching the match or reading through the comments on this forum.

So many faults at so many levels, and so glaringly obvious to anyone that has played Rugby even at schoolboy level. TBH I can tell within 10 minutes that Tigers are going to lose, lack of intensity, dull play, no runners, poor skills, it goes on and on and on.

What is it now 4 years like this with the odd decent game here and there. Tigers are pretty much everyone's whipping boy now.

:smt009 :smt009 :smt009
I disagree. Some of our rugby this season has been top drawer, some dogged, some meh and some :censored: poor. It's been wholly inconsistent and unpredictable. And I think part of the reasons lie as stated in my previous couple of posts.
I repeat. None of that explains player attitude. Who is leading on the pitch? Where's the pride? Our captain, sadly, is one of the worst offenders. I am in, are the players?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

JP14 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:38 pm I’ve always been a huge fan of Spencer. His words make me like him even more, however it is really disappointing that a relatively new squad member is saying this and not the so-called “Captain”

https://twitter.com/leicestertigers/sta ... 38976?s=21
That's because Will Spencer was the one that was interviewed.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

tigerssteve wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:18 am I repeat. None of that explains player attitude. Who is leading on the pitch? Where's the pride? Our captain, sadly, is one of the worst offenders. I am in, are the players?
#1 Tom Youngs was not playing on Saturday and anyway I think you are overplaying the role of the club captain in all of this - I mean how much significance is there in who is club captain for Sarries and Exeter.

#2 I think there is a fragility/confidence thing in the team that can be misconstrued as attitude/pride.

I do understand where you are coming from and there me something in what you are saying. I just feel it's more to do with other things as I've mentioned above. It's just an alternative point of view. I think we are looking at what are the issues so that we can find solutions. I am sure the players and coaches are doing the same. Nobody likes to be losing games like we have.