Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Bristol v Tigers

Post by markharbtiger »

10-41!!!!!!!!
I’m sure they’ll be some positive spin on this from someone. But I am increasingly thinking a relegation fight (or even relegation) might shake things up a bit. Things seem to need shaking up...very sad.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

markharbtiger wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:41 pm 10-41!!!!!!!!
I’m sure they’ll be some positive spin on this from someone. But I am increasingly thinking a relegation fight (or even relegation) might shake things up a bit. Things seem to need shaking up...very sad.
As much as I think the club need a hard reset relegation would kill us, any team that isn't owned by a millionaire couldn't survive it nowadays
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

"I don't know whether these people deserve to be playing at Leicester. There's not the spirit there should be and it's an embarrassment."

“It’s not even been a competition.”

Former Leicester Tiger's captain Steve Johnson on BBC Radio Leicester.

:smt009 :smt009 :smt009
Last edited by strawclearer on Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Back to the Drawing Board!!!!!

Again!!!!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
ghdav27

Post by ghdav27 »

Harry Thacker was immense. The TPN signing looks laughable now.
ghdav27

Post by ghdav27 »

strawclearer wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:47 pm "I don't know whether these people deserve to be playing at Leicester. There's not the spirit there should be and it's an embarrassment."

I don't think it could be summed up better
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

So I get slagged off by all the Former Happy Clappers---------------------------------still Happy Clapping after that embarrassing ,abject ,woeful and in some cases, alluded to by Steve Johnson on Radio, gutless performance .....??????
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

I am afraid the entire Coaching Staff bar Stanko are probably the worst in the Premiership..
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Hopefully someone at the game can comment. But no points scored in the second half seems astonishing with the talent on the team?!? What happened?
9 played, 3 won...oh dear.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

strawclearer wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:47 pm "I don't know whether these people deserve to be playing at Leicester. There's not the spirit there should be and it's an embarrassment."

I watched it on the stream on Bet 365, it really was embarrassing, Johnson was not exaggerating. We were well 2nd best even before Eastmond was sent off. I really don't know what else to say, there are no positives, except Manu scored a good try and lasted for 70 minutes. That's about it. Just awful.
Soggypitch
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I watched the stream, wish I hadn’t. Clueless, pathetic, not sure how many penalties given away but that really was a gutless performance. Difficult to see a way out of this. Europe next...:censored:

If I were a player looking for another club, I’d steer well clear.
Last edited by westwinds31 on Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I had said it before: the wrong attitude has been instilled in all the squad with the attitude shown last season and this in The Anglo-Welsh and The British Cup where defeat was too easily accepted: rubbish- all games have to be won.
Now use Europe to play only those who are committed to the cause and I hope the club tells players to shut up about what they will do until they do it.
Didn’t want Murphy to go but now I would give him and the team until the Six Nations to win, win, win, win. If the results remain poor then a clear out has to happen.
Now, Premiership survival is the main aim- if the players need a reminder of what arrogance can do: say, Quins and Saints.
Oh, and forget the hotel. No team, no hotel!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Well the Board has brought us to this juncture through their bungling incompetent recruitment both on and off the pitch. Kay and Underwood should go and take Cohen and Glyn with them

We need to clear out a raft of overpaid has beens not fit to wear the jersey.

We need a world class DOR, defence and forwards coach instead of the clique of ex tigers who simply are not up to it.

Action must be taken immediately or else the club will continue to decay and decline.

It will take years to for us to get back to the top but it must start now!
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I'll probably get dragged through a hedge for this but it has to be asked- how long can Murphy be allowed to continue? It doesn't appear thst he's got what it takes, this is just ghastly.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

The only up side is we know where we are now and that is in a relegation dog fight. Anyone who says we are not shows the captian of their brain ship is drunk at the wheel. We have been bonus point defeated by the newly promoted team after losing all our cup games and losing at home to Sarries (no disgrace that). We are in trouble make no bones about it.
There is never any points for 2nd place...