Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Saracens

Post by JP14 »

ellis9 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:05 am
JP14 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:03 am Now is the time to really step, show the heart and desire from the Scarlets match.

1 Bateman
2 Kerr
3 Cole
4 Spencer
5 Kitchener
6 Williams
7 Evans
8 Kalamafoni
9 White
10 Hardwick
11 Olowofela
12 Smith
13 Owen
14 Thompstone
15 Worth
16 Youngs
17 Gigena
18 Cortes
19 Wells
20 Fitzgerald
21 Reffell
22 Harrison
23 Ford
There's not a chance Kerr will start ahead of Tom Youngs.
If it was up to me Youngs wouldn’t even be in the 23, but it isn’t up to me (thankfully 😂). I always go with ideal over predicted 23.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

BFG wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:56 pm You're quick to call others out for negativity but are not exactly immune yourself.
The negativity I am calling out is that against Murphy and the younger players who are not being given a chance to prove themselves. Also this ridiculous notion that off the field club development should only happen if the team is 'winning'.
BFG wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:56 pmLeicester are clearly weakened, but what has been most disappointing in recent weeks has been the lack of metal.
I agree to some extent.
BFG wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:56 pmWe know the leadership is wobbly at times and we know some of the talent is young but if Leicester can't put up a good fight at home against a weakened Sarries then they deserve any criticism that comes. A full strength Gloucester away is excusable, this one isn't without a proper scrap.
Sarries 9-15 will be far superior to ours, just as Gloucesters was. And they will have parity in the forwards. Sure a bit of metal wouldn't go amiss but it will be damage limitation. When we have Youngs, Ford, Manu, Toomua, May and Genge back things will improve.
Last edited by ourla on Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Hard to look at Sarries' squad and not be insanely jealous, say what you like about their plastic qualities but they do keep that production line ticking over nicely.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

I think the 13 shirt is a tough one. Gareth Owen was shocking last week and kept leaving Olowofela alone to defend single-handedly on the outside. I'd be tempted to give Worth a shot there if Holmes is back.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

ourla wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:42 pm
BFG wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:56 pm You're quick to call others out for negativity but are not exactly immune yourself.
The negativity I am calling out is that against Murphy and the younger players who are not being given a chance to prove themselves. Also this ridiculous notion that off the field club development should only happen if the team is 'winning'.
BFG wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:56 pmLeicester are clearly weakened, but what has been most disappointing in recent weeks has been the lack of metal.
I agree to some extent.
BFG wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:56 pmWe know the leadership is wobbly at times and we know some of the talent is young but if Leicester can't put up a good fight at home against a weakened Sarries then they deserve any criticism that comes. A full strength Gloucester away is excusable, this one isn't without a proper scrap.
Sarries 9-15 will be far superior to ours, just as Gloucesters was. And they will have parity in the forwards. Sure a bit of metal wouldn't go amiss but it will be damage limitation. When we have Youngs, Ford, Manu, Toomua, May and Genge back things will improve.
No sorry but it's Tigers at Welford Road.
We don't need excuses beforehand, perhaps some understanding afterwards if needed but not before, that's not the way.
The coach has put faith in several young players and they have had a run of four matches and not performed for him yet.
If anymore than one or two want to continue to be involved regularly then they need to repay some of that faith this week.
If they all repay that faith and perform very well then maybe they can win and finally create some selection headaches based on fine playing form for the coach rather than selection headaches based on poor playing form.
If players like Ted Hill, the Curry's, Kpoku etc can do it then so can these if they are good enough.
Last edited by BFG on Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

So Tait, Genge, Denton, Thompson and Veainu are out.
O'Connor is fit though.

Would like to see
1. Bateman
2. Kerr (Will be Youngs)
3. Cole
4. Spencer
5. Wells
6. Williams
7. O'Connor
8. Kalamafoni
9. Harrison
10. Hardwick
11. Olowofela
12. Eastmond
13. Owen
14. Thompstone
15. Holmes (Hopefully if not Worth)

16. Youngs (Will be Kerr)
17. Faeo
18. Cortes
19. Fitzgerald
20. Reffell
21. White
22. Ford
23. Worth (If starting then Smith)
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

We will need a massive improvement to contain Sarries. Players will have to stand up and be counted, by showing their mettle.

I hope Tigers will be up for it, and get a win, but it wont be easy.

Prediction - a Sarries win.
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:34 pm So Tait, Genge, Denton, Thompson and Veainu are out.
O'Connor is fit though.

Would like to see
1. Bateman
2. Kerr (Will be Youngs)
3. Cole
4. Spencer
5. Wells
6. Williams
7. O'Connor
8. Kalamafoni
9. Harrison
10. Hardwick
11. Olowofela
12. Eastmond
13. Owen
14. Thompstone
15. Holmes (Hopefully if not Worth)

16. Youngs (Will be Kerr)
17. Faeo
18. Cortes
19. Fitzgerald
20. Reffell
21. White
22. Ford
23. Worth (If starting then Smith)
I'd go with that but only on the basis that Owen can't be that bad twice in a row and hopefully he'll be out to prove a few people (myself included) wrong and play like we know he can.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

If there's any justice, Holmes will at least be on the bench for Wales; he held them together through the bad patches when the forwards were getting whipped, and not just contributed to tries but would have had one himself save for Morgan the 11 who was astonishingly greedy.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

Anyone see Veainu’s Instagram story last night? Seemed to suggest that a baby rhino could be making an appearance at the weekend...

Also mentioned that he’d be back on the park in a few weeks, rather than months
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

TigerMac3 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:21 pm Anyone see Veainu’s Instagram story last night? Seemed to suggest that a baby rhino could be making an appearance at the weekend...

Also mentioned that he’d be back on the park in a few weeks, rather than months
Pictures on Tigers Facebook tonight showed Gengey in training with no bib! That's very ecncouraging. :smt023
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

JP14 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:38 pm
JP14 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:03 am Now is the time to really step, show the heart and desire from the Scarlets match.

1 Bateman
2 Kerr
3 Cole
4 Spencer
5 Kitchener
6 Williams
7 Evans
8 Kalamafoni
9 White
10 Hardwick
11 Olowofela
12 Smith
13 Owen
14 Thompstone
15 Worth
16 Youngs
17 Gigena
18 Cortes
19 Wells
20 Fitzgerald
21 Reffell
22 Harrison
23 Ford
If it was up to me Youngs wouldn’t even be in the 23, but it isn’t up to me (thankfully 😂). I always go with ideal over predicted 23.
So if you go for ideal, why have you put Youngs in there if you don't rate him?
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I'm not very hopeful of much more than an LBP. That's not being negative. That's being realistic.

But just as Japan put a fair old shock on England on Saturday I can hope that whoever takes the field in red green and white does their best to put one on Sarries.

The most important bit is performance. Performance deserves my support regardless of result.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

ellis9 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:32 pm
JP14 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:38 pm

So if you go for ideal, why have you put Youngs in there if you don't rate him?
We’re low on hookers at the moment.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

These posts just show how low our expectations have come with the majority predicting at best a losing bonus point....
AT HOME !!!!!!!

If we lose and at Bristol the week after, 3 of this Board and the majority of the Coaches should be shown... THE EXIT