Season ticket price increase question

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Re: Season ticket price increase question

Post by TTRITH »

Depends how much it increases by. I currently pay by direct debit, so £24 would only be an extra £2 a month. My limit, I suppose would probably be £5 a month. I'm not sure they club could justify an extra £60 on top of season tickets anyway.

It's a difficult one for me anyway. I love the club, and attending matches not only for the rugby but spending the day with my old man, as we have for the last 10 years. However, with my first child on the way in January, and the fact that I've probably only managed to attend 10, maybe 11 matches on average for the last three seasons... with diesel prices going up, along with train prices then perhaps I should give up the season ticket.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

TTRITH wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:57 pm Depends how much it increases by. I currently pay by direct debit, so £24 would only be an extra £2 a month. My limit, I suppose would probably be £5 a month. I'm not sure they club could justify an extra £60 on top of season tickets anyway.

It's a difficult one for me anyway. I love the club, and attending matches not only for the rugby but spending the day with my old man, as we have for the last 10 years. However, with my first child on the way in January, and the fact that I've probably only managed to attend 10, maybe 11 matches on average for the last three seasons... with diesel prices going up, along with train prices then perhaps I should give up the season ticket.
I suggested £20
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:59 pm I suggested £20
Aye, but a £2 increase a month is easier than a £1.6666666666666666666666666666666666667 a month. :smt002
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

People will be willing to invest into a desirable product.

But obviously Tigers are not a desirable product at the moment.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:36 pm People will be willing to invest into a desirable product.

This is not a comment on Tigers attacking style, as forward myself I like to win by any means necessary and if that means that the backs go all Harlem Globetrotters that's fine as long as they have the momentum and attacking platform to do so. A winning team is desirable no matter how they play, Wasps are playing all the fancy champagne rugby but how many trophies have they won exactly under Dai Young? :smt017
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
d86

Post by d86 »

Ex season ticket holder. I, as many others I know, now pick and choose the games to suit work/finances. Tickets are available for every game so no supply and demand issues. Attendances are already down at the games I've been to no doubt. Raise the prices and there'll be even less at the ground. Terrible idea!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

JP14 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:36 pm People will be willing to invest into a desirable product.

Having already mentioned price elasticity for the benefit of my fellow forum-dwellers, I'll chuck this one in...

Value = Benefit less Cost as perceived by the Buyer

Carry on.....
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Herein lies the problem. Increasing the season ticket price at the moment would be madness as fewer spectators are currently coming through the turnstiles. Put up the price and there’ll be even fewer! Balancing the family budget is becoming more and more difficult, as TTRITH mentions above so the Board must think carefully before coming to any decision.
Semper in excretia
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:39 pm
BFG wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:24 pm I don't think the poster of the OP is ideal for marketing.
Folk will pay what they can, if and when they can.
No two persons circumstances are exactly the same.
That's why I asked the question!

Why don't you think I'm "ideal for marketing"?

I was seeing what the answer from people on here would be.
Important rule in sales, never give the customer an opportunity to say no!

The "glory hunter" comment earlier in the topic was rude in my opinion, win or lose I'm sure everyone would enjoy being in a position to pay and attend more, however life often gets in the way.

Here is an alternative idea though, rather than taking the lazy option of increasing prices across the board, retain current prices for season tickets and introduce a new option at an increased cost with advantages such as options to attend training sessions with opportunities to meet players and coaches and other possible events such as an automatic competition entry to travel with a board member for an away fixture etc.
Don't play with your biggest market, introduce new markets.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

A Company in trouble must cut its costs, restructure etc.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

If Tigers returned the management of the Tigers Shop, the bars and the Catering inhouse and for once provided the high standard that some clubs can achieve then that increased income would go along way to assisting the coffers. :smt023 Note :- I say management not the running!
I am always wary of accounts and losses registered in order to reduce taxation whilst making lots of future provisions. I will leave that investigation to the bean counters!
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

For those getting their knickers in a twist over Tigers' declaration of a £0.8m loss, the old adage turnover is vanity. profit is sanity. cash is reality may be trite and simplistic but it should not be ignored.

Nearly everybody seems to have ignored that, despite the stated loss, Tigers have recorded an increase in cash from £1.4m to £2.2m. I wish I was doing that badly.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

h's dad wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:38 pmTigers' declaration of a £0.8m loss

Tigers have recorded an increase in cash from £1.4m to £2.2m.
I'm not sure I'll ever be able to understand company accounts.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

wormus wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:27 pm If Tigers returned the management of the Tigers Shop, the bars and the Catering inhouse and for once provided the high standard that some clubs can achieve then that increased income would go along way to assisting the coffers. :smt023 Note :- I say management not the running!
I am always wary of accounts and losses registered in order to reduce taxation whilst making lots of future provisions. I will leave that investigation to the bean counters!
Which clubs do you recommend as standard setters of successful club managed, high standard, profitable providers of shop, bars and catering? Just so we know where the bar (pun intended) is.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game