Season ticket price increase question

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Season ticket price increase question

Post by MikeR »

With a successful team and guaranteed sat 3.00pm K.O times I suspect attendances would rise and further down the line price increases would be perfectly acceptable . Until those 2 things happen a price increase would be plain idiotic .
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

MikeR wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:08 pm With a successful team and guaranteed sat 3.00pm K.O times I suspect attendances would rise and further down the line price increases would be perfectly acceptable.
If all our matches were kicking of on a Saturday at 3pm that would mean only one Prem match per week on TV with a large subsequent loss of income to the club.
MikeR wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:08 pm Until those 2 things happen a price increase would be plain idiotic.
I presume you mean a large price increase because I doubt prices will remain static until they are both achieved!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I'm thinking the ST will go, as commitments mean less attendance. I just wish there was dog accommodation, as in the old cinder bank man and his dog days. I can take the dog to Lichfield or my local club Burntwood, and it's cheaper; I can watch Tigers on the TV. But I REALLY miss being there at a match. REALLY BADLY. :smt010
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

The hotel should make up for the shortfall, emphasis on the word should however.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Why is it that putting up the price of the "product" is the first thought of increasing the income? Why not look at the Companies' costs, fixed costs, utilities etc etc and more importantly salaries? A few high profile redundancies would help with this! I leave you to surmise as to whom that should be! :smt045
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Three ways to increase ticket sales.

1. Less Friday and Sunday games, more Saturday games.
2. Win more.
3. Win more.

The last two came from my kids who are also ST holders....
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

LE18 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:30 pm Why is it that putting up the price of the "product" is the first thought of increasing the income? Why not look at the Companies' costs, fixed costs, utilities etc etc and more importantly salaries? A few high profile redundancies would help with this! I leave you to surmise as to whom that should be! :smt045
It's possible that the amount of redundancies could've contributed to the losses... :smt115 :smt114
Two types of worthwhile clauses, financial clauses and Santa Clauses!!!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

ourla wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:17 pm
ellis9 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:06 am If everyone says yes they are fine with the increased price, why would season ticket sales drop?
They wouldn't, if your premise were correct. But you are not asking everyone. And in reality the club will only know when they ask for the money. And honestly, if the club thought they could increase the prices with no loss of sales, don't you think they would have done it by now. Do you think they sit in the board room looking at the £1m loss and have no discussion about how they can increase revenue or decrease costs. Maybe we you can start a thread suggesting Murphy gets some better players for the same wages he's paying the current guys. I am sure he hasn't thought of that either.
ellis9 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:06 amOf course, more research would need to be done if this was an official thing from the club but based purely on price, it seems people would be happy to pay an extra £20 so based on price alone, we shouldn't see a decrease in sales.
Err no. What's happened is you've come up with this amazing idea (sic - see above), have come to a forum (with perhaps 100 STH's on it), suggesting it and because there isn't a chorus of dissenters, come to the conclusion there will be no loss of sales.
Yes I know it's an excellent idea. That's why I suggested it.
glenn

Post by glenn »

As an ex season ticket holder from years ago, I work weekends. When a Friday or Sunday eve game is on, I don't want to attend as the rugby is so poor atm. I don't even watch us on tv any more. I'm not a glory boy, just a realist
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

glenn wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:16 am As an ex season ticket holder from years ago, I work weekends. When a Friday or Sunday eve game is on, I don't want to attend as the rugby is so poor atm. I don't even watch us on tv any more. I'm not a glory boy, just a realist
No, sorry. In my opinion (I have to put this as people apparently can't differentiate my opinions to facts for some peculiar reason), you're the definition of a glory hunter. Being a realist has nothing to do with it. In fact, if you were a realist, you'd continue to watch but not expect victories and excellent performances meaning you'd find it easier to watch.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

JackFlashJonny wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:09 am

Sounds like a great idea when Tigers are struggling to get people through the gate...

Attendances surely must be down considerably the past few years and rarely do we see anything near a full house anymore
They were my first thoughts but last season we still averaged between 22,000 - 23000 in 2017/18. I suspect it'll be down a little this season, but not as much to have that kind of effect on numbers in the initial post.

The bottom line is that we need to make winning at home (at least) a fairly consistent thing. We could just about manage losing one home game per season, but the uncertainty against almost all teams now could cause a long term problem.
glenn

Post by glenn »

[quote=ellis9 post_id=700812 time=1542442015 user_id=931]

You are entity to your opinion, but, if I am on a low income, with a family, so I want to spend around £50 Inc transport parking food 3rd to come over an watch my team fail so drastically? Hence why I dont, in all seriousness even if we were doing well , I would still struggle to justify the outlay.I have been to three games this season. None of which set the world on fire, however watching Ireland play the all blacks last night was superb, how I remember we used to play

[quote=glenn post_id=700810 time=1542438977 user_id=2655]
As an ex season ticket holder from years ago, I work weekends. When a Friday or Sunday eve game is on, I don't want to attend as the rugby is so poor atm. I don't even watch us on tv any more. I'm not a glory boy, just a realist
[/quote]

No, sorry. In my opinion (I have to put this as people apparently can't differentiate my opinions to facts for some peculiar reason), you're the definition of a glory hunter. Being a realist has nothing to do with it. In fact, if you were a realist, you'd continue to watch but not expect victories and excellent performances meaning you'd find it easier to watch.
[/quote]
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

glenn wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:17 am
ellis9 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:06 am
You are entity to your opinion, but, if I am on a low income, with a family, so I want to spend around £50 Inc transport parking food 3rd to come over an watch my team fail so drastically? Hence why I dont, in all seriousness even if we were doing well , I would still struggle to justify the outlay.I have been to three games this season. None of which set the world on fire, however watching Ireland play the all blacks last night was superb, how I remember we used to play

glenn wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:16 am As an ex season ticket holder from years ago, I work weekends. When a Friday or Sunday eve game is on, I don't want to attend as the rugby is so poor atm. I don't even watch us on tv any more. I'm not a glory boy, just a realist
That isn't what you initially said though. You said you don't want to attend when the rugby is so poor.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I don't think the poster of the OP is ideal for marketing.
Folk will pay what they can, if and when they can.
No two persons circumstances are exactly the same.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

BFG wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:24 pm I don't think the poster of the OP is ideal for marketing.
Folk will pay what they can, if and when they can.
No two persons circumstances are exactly the same.
That's why I asked the question!

Why don't you think I'm "ideal for marketing"?

I was seeing what the answer from people on here would be.