Live streaming

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MelChannerFan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Live streaming

Post by MelChannerFan »

I'm fed up with BT putting their prices up dramatically once out of "introductory offer" period. Apparently I can get a reduction of £10 pm if I commit to another 18 months!

I've seen Live streaming sites mentioned but some appear to be dodgy.

Apparently bet365 is effectively free - although I would have to swallow hard to use it.

1. Is it legal in UK?
2. Does it cover all Premiership, Championship and International matches?
3. Is it reliable?

any feedback please.

Thanks
ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Live streaming

Post by ourla »

IIRC Bet365 requires you to have staked a minimum of £5 on the outcome.

I use cricfree with an ad blocker running sometimes. It's not ultra reliable but OK. I have BT Sport through a package with Plusnet so I only need it for Sky coverage.

The thing I like about the BT Sport deal is I can watch on any device.

There are is a specific online rugby streaming service but I've never looked into the detail.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

I have literally just spent the last hour on a chat with BT about the same thing; so annoying that they get you on a supposedly agreed contract with prices of X for 12 months and then y after that.....and then they ignore it after 6 months. I think it lacks integrity. However I am to blame along with many others because I pay the bill. If we were not all daft enough to pay such prices maybe the BBC could afford to bid and put it on terrestrial TV. Just a thought!
As Good As It Gets
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I used to use Bet365 and there was no requirement then to place a bet on the result but things may have changed as it is nearly 2 year since I used it. I had to deposit £10 in my a/c and just left it there and then when I got access to BT I just withdrew it.
Hehehehehehehehe
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

You don't have to place a bet to use bet365, you just need an account. Just deposit £5 and you can use it. You can withdraw your money when you've finished. Only snag is the live stream is only 1/4 of the screen.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

northerntiger wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:00 pm You don't have to place a bet to use bet365, you just need an account. Just deposit £5 and you can use it. You can withdraw your money when you've finished. Only snag is the live stream is only 1/4 of the screen.
use the 3 dots (top right) and enlarge the whole page and with a bit of movement you can get it to fill the screen
Hehehehehehehehe
Phil60

Post by Phil60 »

My grandson has downloaded a app called red box tv, he gets all the sports from all over the world.
Baz

Post by Baz »

I watch ONLY RU, and only in HD on a big screen. I would't pay through the nose for a contract with anyone, but I find NOWTV day-passes ideal for watching rugby. Excellent quality, and no buffering issues.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

I have the BT sport app as an extra with plusnet internet package, £5 a month. Then I just cast to the TV using a google chromecast.
MelChannerFan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MelChannerFan »

Thanks everyone especially ads.

I have investigated PlusNet and they have a good offer on phone + broadband + BTsport app for £25 pm. (We don't have fibre yet).

Can you 'catch up' matches with the BTsport app?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

MelChannerFan wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:29 pm Thanks everyone especially ads.

I have investigated PlusNet and they have a good offer on phone + broadband + BTsport app for £25 pm. (We don't have fibre yet).

Yes but only some and not for long.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

MelChannerFan wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:29 pm Thanks everyone especially ads.

You should get a Youview box with that, which you can record stuff on. You can set the recording via a smartphone app so really easy.
MelChannerFan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MelChannerFan »

Thanks for that Ourla.

I have 2 Youview boxes, 1 from BT, the other from Curry's - badged BT - neither of these has HDMI input, so I can't see how to record.