Gloom Doom & Positive Thinking

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Gloom Doom & Positive Thinking

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Robespierre wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:58 pm So Tigers now find themselves in the bottom half of the Premiership, which is hardly surprising.
The optimists may feel they have a chance of making the end of season play-offs, but in my opinion, their only realistic objective will be a top 6 place and European Champions' Cup rugby next season.
Of the four Premiership fixtures before the end of the year, there are three at home (Sarries Nov 25th, Bristol Dec 1st and Quins Dec 22nd) and Bath away on Dec 29th. So how many wins do you think they'll get?
For me, Sarries - unlikely, against Bristol and Quins - with the international players returning they must be targetting wins, Bath - unlikely. So maybe two wins from four, and they begin the new year with Gloucester at home on Jan 5th!
Wishful thinking rather than positive is probably more suitable.
Bristol is an away game. Sarries only managed to beat Sale this weekend by 6 points at Alianz Park so maybe not such a foregone conclusion.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:12 pm
Robespierre wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:58 pm So Tigers now find themselves in the bottom half of the Premiership, which is hardly surprising.
The optimists may feel they have a chance of making the end of season play-offs, but in my opinion, their only realistic objective will be a top 6 place and European Champions' Cup rugby next season.
Of the four Premiership fixtures before the end of the year, there are three at home (Sarries Nov 25th, Bristol Dec 1st and Quins Dec 22nd) and Bath away on Dec 29th. So how many wins do you think they'll get?
For me, Sarries - unlikely, against Bristol and Quins - with the international players returning they must be targetting wins, Bath - unlikely. So maybe two wins from four, and they begin the new year with Gloucester at home on Jan 5th!
Bristol is an away game. Sarries only managed to beat Sale this weekend by 6 points at Alianz Park so maybe not such a foregone conclusion.
Thanks for the correction, votc! Exeter’s 2nd XV sneaked a win at Bristol so Tigers must fancy their chances with their first choice side. I’d be pleasantly surprised if Tigers get the better of Saracens as their strength in depth is impressive.
Semper in excretia
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Robespierre wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:58 am
voice of the crumbie wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:12 pm
Thanks for the correction, votc! Exeter’s 2nd XV sneaked a win at Bristol so Tigers must fancy their chances with their first choice side. I’d be pleasantly surprised if Tigers get the better of Saracens as their strength in depth is impressive.
Robespierre you are right about Sarries depth. I was trying to be faithful to the thread by hoping for the best while fearing the worst.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!