Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Gloucester vs Tigers

Post by RagingBull »

WiggoTiger wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:22 pm
RagingBull wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:20 pm things won't change till at least Cohen and Ged are gone though IMO.
Sadly doubt it will happen. Ged seems to be the real problem on the playing side of things. Ruined the academy
Ged wasn't the only problem with the academy, it was struggling with Mccarthy.
You hear about a certain ex Leicester tiger who was also a parent of an academy player or two who would reject a some pretty promising players who played in certain positions. (Positions where we have lacked academy depth for some time now).

The academy has also up swung under his watch as well TBF.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Well beaten there but Tempest not seeing Glos offside time after time, stealing 2-3m...incredible but if you can get away with it....he even reached for a card but then bottled it. Aside from that, no structure, skill levels poor and deciding making non-existent.
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

What's the point of keeping Tom Youngsand Dan Cole in the the side, Tom seemed only interested in getting into fights and his line out throwing is way below any other hooker in the premiership, in my humble opinion Dan Cole barely completes in the scrum as he only won one penalty tonight and gave away to many penalties, he is a liability for the Tigers and I think like Eddie Jones has made the right decision to discard him from the England squad, a great servant to club and country but now time to move him on and bring in a younger prop with more potential. As for Joe Ford , the only reason why he is playing for us is that George made it condition in his contract his brother was signed as part of the squad, to much incestuous signing like the Fords and the Tuilagis.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:30 pm
WiggoTiger wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:22 pm
RagingBull wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:20 pm things won't change till at least Cohen and Ged are gone though IMO.
Sadly doubt it will happen. Ged seems to be the real problem on the playing side of things. Ruined the academy
Ged wasn't the only problem with the academy, it was struggling with Mccarthy.
You hear about a certain ex Leicester tiger who was also a parent of an academy player or two who would reject a some pretty promising players who played in certain positions. (Positions where we have lacked academy depth for some time now).

The academy has also up swung under his watch as well TBF.
I can second that!
It was always going to swing once the close age threat diminished on his lot.
The longer term damage though is yet to be fully realised in my opinion.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

At least Geordan has introduced the young blood to the team as I doubt that Matt O'Connor would have this season. Yes Joe Ford can sometimes kick for goal but otherwise is out of depth here. :smt039 Was Olowofela the worst player on the pitch? Not - chasing the ball, not leg tackling & still thinking it's tag rugby, giving up tackling the potential scorers, etc He has seriously gone down since his England Squad trial.. I even thought Joe Ford might have been better on the wing v Banahan unless there was a better option.
Hardwick tried when he came on, but Mark Bakewell has to show some leadership in his roles at the club as he has plateaued. Oh I really hope Guy's injury is not serious as he was giving his all & Fitz played well in defence too. Ugh!!!!!! :smt012
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

All the posters on here, please stop blaming the ref, we were not good enough, full stop, I have nothing but administration for the refs in the premiership, they are the best in the world, most of the posters on this forum haven't got a clue about the laws of rugby union.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I too have nothing but administration for the referee.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

BigDan50 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:00 pm All the posters on here, please stop blaming the ref, we were not good enough, full stop, I have nothing but administration for the refs in the premiership, they are the best in the world, most of the posters on this forum haven't got a clue about the laws of rugby union.
Sadly until referees follow the laws they will always be bashed by me. Gloucester every scrum into second row, only need to penalise once and teams get the message. Offside management a joke, too many mistakes by the officials cost teams.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:58 pm At least Geordan has introduced the young blood to the team as I doubt that Matt O'Connor would have this season. Yes Joe Ford can sometimes kick for goal but otherwise is out of depth here. :smt039 Was Olowofela the worst player on the pitch? Not - chasing the ball, not leg tackling & still thinking it's tag rugby, giving up tackling the potential scorers, etc He has seriously gone down since his England Squad trial.. I even thought Joe Ford might have been better on the wing v Banahan unless there was a better option.
Hardwick tried when he came on, but Mark Bakewell has to show some leadership in his roles at the club as he has plateaued. Oh I really hope Guy's injury is not serious as he was giving his all & Fitz played well in defence too. Ugh!!!!!! :smt012
Olowofela to me was the only player who should some attacking flair though.
He did also do a try saving tackle.

In fact Thompstone prob missed more tackles that led to tries.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Let's be honest, we were woeful from 1 - 23.
Beaten by a team who had structure and players committed to the cause.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

WiggoTiger wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:06 pm Let's be honest, we were woeful from 1 - 23.
Beaten by a team who had structure and players committed to the cause.
I thought Spencer could held his head high from that squad.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I'm not surprised at the loss to be honest although I had hoped for a bit better.
Only Eastmond amongst the backs with any real change of pace tonight and it showed.
All too easy to read and I've been disappointed by the younger guys in the last few weeks who look a bit one paced in my opinion.
I can't say that I've been impressed by any of them, not even for a moment.
You need a few to take the opportunities in these circumstances and they just haven't been good enough to do it.
The coach didn't have much choice to be fair.
Still though some perspective is needed as Leicester won't be the last team made to look a little bit silly away at Gloucester this season.
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Thanks westwinds for your support, glad to know someone else on this forum understands how difficult it is to referee a rugby match.
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Wiggo Tiger, have you ever refereed a rugby match, your comments suggest you haven't but I await your enlightened reply.
Yorkietiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Yorkietiger »

Abject rubbish, we have not got a :censored: clue. we have problems at multiple levels, here are just a few of them:

The senior management at the club have too much focus on hotels, car parks, fancy sponsorship deals, in fact anything but what really counts, I.e. Playing quality rugby.

The coaching team are utterly out of their depth, being a quality ex-player, whoever you are that does not qualify you as a quality coach.

We have too many second string players who cannot compete at this level when called upon when international players are away,The recruitment policy has had serious flaws in it, that rests clearly in Ged Glynn's court, heaven knows why we persist with this muppet.

We need root and branch reform. It needs to start at board level and a clean sweep throughout all ranks is needed.

My season ticket is going in the bin at the end of the season, as the only thing the numpties running this club will understand is when the cash at the turnstiles dries up, and there is naff all in the bank. Only then will real change be forced.