Re: Premiership Rugby Cup - Tigers vs Sharks

Post by MikeR »

Spot on LE18 - agree with every word .
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I think that Olowafela has perhaps not got that surprise factor that as an unknown he had in his favour at first, he is not exactly thick set either, so all things considered it was always going to get tougher once the opposition analysts worked their stuff.
It'll take a bit of time to work it out IF at all possible.
I didn't manage to get to this game, but thought that Sale might be a tough game, the way they play and perhaps just a slight edge in the line ups.
The weather was terrible where I was so if it was anything like that at WR then it must've often been a lottery.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Olowafaela is no where near quick enough, sorry , but its true...
He needs to fill out, get loads of sprint training but personally dont think he will crack it at the moment..
If we are to progress in the League and Cup, the risk playing him is far too great at present IMO
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

fortysix wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:59 pm Olowafaela is no where near quick enough, sorry , but its true...
He needs to fill out, get loads of sprint training but personally dont think he will crack it at the moment..
If we are to progress in the League and Cup, the risk playing him is far too great at present IMO
Outside of May and TV he's probably the quickest player in the squad. I think the problem is that he just isn't backing himself enough. Might be good for him to step down to the A league or Notts/Cov for a game or two. Score some tries and then come back with the bit between his teeth. Not sure we have enough cover to allow that at the minute though.
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:28 pmOutside of May and TV he's probably the quickest player in the squad.
I'd put Holmes as possibly the quickest player in the squad, TV as the side-step maestro, May as the finisher and Thompstone for the physicality, Olowofela is young and very much a project and only time will tell.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

DingDong wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:38 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:28 pmOutside of May and TV he's probably the quickest player in the squad.
I'd put Holmes as possibly the quickest player in the squad, TV as the side-step maestro, May as the finisher and Thompstone for the physicality, Olowofela is young and very much a project and only time will tell.
May is by some distance the fastest player in the squad and is probably the quickest in the league.

I don't think Holmes is rapid. What he is really good at is reading the game and having the confidence to commit and go, there's no hesitation which is where Owolofela needs to work.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

In the club speed tests Olowofela is the quickest player.

This is what’s I heard from the coaches anyway.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:14 am In the club speed tests Olowofela is the quickest player.

Is that over a distance?
It's the first few metres of acceleration that really help and then the footwork around contact and changing of pace.
He is quite a leggy looking player.
Then there is the thought process in those events.
Everyone is different, time may or may not be his friend but until he gets it we will not know.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:14 am In the club speed tests Olowofela is the quickest player.

He doesn’t seem so quick with the ball in hand.