Ben Youngs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BFG
Super User
Super User

Re: Ben Youngs

Post by BFG »

Tigers1213 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:18 am Up there with the best again...
No doubters giving credit where credit is due?
I thought he started spot on, then the box kicking got well dodgy.
It was England all over though.
A let off for New Zealand.
By the way I'd add it's no good just picking on Youngs, Farrell had some dodgy moments, Sinckler at the scrum, George and Itoje at the line out, all culminating in giving an underperforming All Blacks side enough of a sniff to grind out a good away win at Twickenham.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

You are very harsh BFG. Youngs had an excellent game, as did Farrell (one kick off excepted) and Sinckler was a revelation, he has improved tremendously in the tight and his carrying in the loose was very good.

It was a really good England performance, just very fine margins or we would have won. But a great Autumn so far and we will mullah Japan and beat the Aussies I hope!!
Soggypitch
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Sinckler dropped one ball which he wasn’t expecting. I know every coach tries to drill every player into always expecting the ball but that is easy said and done, Itoje did such a good job of fooling the All Black defenders he ended up fooling Sinckler too 😂.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Soggypitch wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:51 pm You are very harsh BFG. Youngs had an excellent game, as did Farrell (one kick off excepted) and Sinckler was a revelation, he has improved tremendously in the tight and his carrying in the loose was very good.

It was a really good England performance, just very fine margins or we would have won. But a great Autumn so far and we will mullah Japan and beat the Aussies I hope!!
Yes it possibly is harsh but England did lose and certain mistakes were easily avoidable.
Clearly they gave it a good go and it was a good game.
If that were England winning away in New Zealand I think we'd all be amazed.
I'm not sure how great an Autumn it is, a lot of pundits seem to think England got more out of Saturday's game but I disagree slightly as I think New Zealand were probing and changed up tactics on several occasions.
They wanted a look at England and Saturday was more of an experiment from New Zealand in my opinion.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Soggypitch wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:51 pm You are very harsh BFG. Youngs had an excellent game, as did Farrell (one kick off excepted) and Sinckler was a revelation, he has improved tremendously in the tight and his carrying in the loose was very good.

Apart from Sinkler's drop short of the line :(
God created rugby so footballers have heros too