Where were you?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Where were you?

Post by Mark62 »

Yorkietiger I think you’ll find tigers picking a nearer to first choice team for next Friday
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

I was in the sunny Caribbean! It was a difficult choice
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Had it been a Premiership League match and England not playing at the same time, I am sure that the crowd would have been significantly more.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Yorkietiger wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:35 pm I was there yesterday, and like one or two others on here am becoming increasingly dissolutioned with this competition. I hope the Wuss management are happy with their win, fielding a near full strength team in what is billed as a development focussed completion smacks of desperation on their part. :smt018

I hope it comes back to bite them on the backside later in the season when they are scratching for points to stay up and their 1st 15 are worn out. Unfortunately we will not get the opportunity to send our 1st pick team to Sixways to pay them back as this fixture falls bang in the middle of the Six Nations, and we will be weakened again. Wuss of course T'Eo excepted do not have internationals in their team

I am sad to say for the first time I am seriously considering not renewing my season ticket next year. I am not wasting my time and money watching rubbish like we were served up yesterday. Rubbish officiating, unbalanced competition, a game that was over before a ball was kicked.

As for Friday and the Sale match, I will wait and see what sort of team Sale are putting out. If it looks like they are playing fair, then ok, but otherwise I will find something better to do.
In my opinion, Singleton should be an international and Ted Hill looks the part but yeah Worcester will not suffer from international periods.

However last season, we faced the Warriors during the six nations and absolutely smashed them, mainly thanks to Greg Bateman, Veainu and Toomua.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:25 pm Yorkietiger I think you’ll find tigers picking a nearer to first choice team for next Friday
Might well be but according to Will Evans in his LTTV interview the team will more or less be the same on Friday.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:57 pm
Mark62 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:25 pm Yorkietiger I think you’ll find tigers picking a nearer to first choice team for next Friday
Might well be but according to Will Evans in his LTTV interview the team will more or less be the same on Friday.
Hadn’t seen that fair enough the coaches know who needs a game to get ready.

As a slight aside I thought Denton had been called up by the Scots but he was at Welford Road yesterday
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:01 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:57 pm
Hadn’t seen that fair enough the coaches know who needs a game to get ready.

As a slight aside I thought Denton had been called up by the Scots but he was at Welford Road yesterday
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/46018201 article from 29th October 2018.

Denton is still suffering with a head injury sustained on 6 October.

The number eight, who would have been unavailable anyway for Scotland's first autumn Test against Wales on Saturday as it falls outside the designated international window, has returned to his club Leicester for further care and assessment.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

ellis9 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:38 pm Today was a Saturday 3pm kick off. Where were you?
I was at home doing the usual DIY stuff etc while anticipating the Tigers getting duly stuffed by the Wuss. Needless to say, I was not disappointed by the results of both. If you think I am going to spend the best part of £100 to get to see a watered down Tigers side play a nigh on full Wuss side then think again. The state pension only goes so far!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

TigerCam wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:17 pm
ellis9 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:38 pm Today was a Saturday 3pm kick off. Where were you?
I was at home doing the usual DIY stuff etc while anticipating the Tigers getting duly stuffed by the Wuss. Needless to say, I was not disappointed by the results of both. If you think I am going to spend the best part of £100 to get to see a watered down Tigers side play a nigh on full Wuss side then think again. The state pension only goes so far!!
Amen to that.......pensioner plus no dogsitter
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

This competition has never drawn in decent crowds. I remember the EDF final against Ospreys at Twickenham that was only half full (the one we won!), and the fact that the final is now held at small stadia says it all.

Factor that in with the England game and what do you expect.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

In my seat in the Holland & Barrett. I made the effort to turn up and expected the team to do likewise. I knew we would get spanked but I was displeased with our performance, complacency and ineptitude.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Twickenham
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:03 am This competition has never drawn in decent crowds. I remember the EDF final against Ospreys at Twickenham that was only half full (the one we won!), and the fact that the final is now held at small stadia says it all.

Factor that in with the England game and what do you expect.
I remember a Monday night "A League" game some years ago when the Crumbie and Alliance & Leicester were full and they had to open up the Next stand as an overflow.
I cannot remember the crowd number but guess @ 13,000 certainly in my mind more than were there on Saturday v the non compliant selection from Worcs. - no doubt they will suffer player burnout post Christmas. There prop Nick Schonert now in the England squad too!
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Went to the game, I live in the city and am a season ticket holder so there was no great hit on my pension. Like others I feel that Wuss are not playing fair in their team selection for this competition both against us and versus Sale in the last round so I did not really expect a win but I did feel, with the forwards selected, we were in with a chance. My optimism was dispelled quite early, our defense on the day was poor and Worcester with settled combinations were too much for what turned out to be a scratch side. However I like to look for positives and in my opinion the forwards went pretty well including the line out whilst Kerr was on. Fred Tuilagi had a decent game and Will Evans had a first run out. Hardwick played ok at both 10 and 12 and Gareth Owen had a reasonable match also I thought Reffle added something when he came on.
I am sure the coaches will study the recordings and will learn a little more about some of our young players and possibly about one or two of the seniors as well.
I will be there on Friday night hoping to be entertained whether we win or lose, we are not going to progress in this cup competition our concentration should be on player preparation for the Premiership and the Heineken Cup either by playing or resting our men whichever is appropriate for the individual.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

TigerCam wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:17 pm
I thought Saturday 3pm kick offs were what people wanted regardless of anything else?