Where were you?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Re: Where were you?

Post by Robespierre »

Grumpy of Crumbie wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:52 pm Don't care when kick off is, had it been a league game or European game I would have been there. On Saturday I enjoyed a stroll down to the pub, a very competitive and enjoyable game of rugby and a few beers. No excuses for not being at Welford Road, I probably won't be there on Friday either. As far as I'm concerned it's all down to personal choice, I pay for my season ticket and I'll choose how to use it.
Spot on, Grumpy! It's a matter of personal choice in accordance with other things that may be happening on the match day. Of course, there will be some who like a Friday night game, some on a Saturday afternoon or on a Sunday. Is it really worth discussing?
Perhaps a line can now be drawn under this rather pointless thread!
Semper in excretia
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Yes I agree Robes, let's just check who started it all off......no need to comment further!
Soggypitch
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Robespierre wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:20 am
Grumpy of Crumbie wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:52 pm Don't care when kick off is, had it been a league game or European game I would have been there. On Saturday I enjoyed a stroll down to the pub, a very competitive and enjoyable game of rugby and a few beers. No excuses for not being at Welford Road, I probably won't be there on Friday either. As far as I'm concerned it's all down to personal choice, I pay for my season ticket and I'll choose how to use it.
Spot on, Grumpy! It's a matter of personal choice in accordance with other things that may be happening on the match day. Of course, there will be some who like a Friday night game, some on a Saturday afternoon or on a Sunday. Is it really worth discussing?
Perhaps a line can now be drawn under this rather pointless thread!
We are now on to the fourth page. I'd hardly say it's pointless.

As you say, it's personal choice. So why the incessant moaning from fans saying people prefer 3pm Saturday kick offs? Whatever day a match is played, it will clash with other things.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Soggypitch wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:27 am Yes I agree Robes, let's just check who started it all off......no need to comment further!
No need to comment at all but yet you did.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

ellis9 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:27 am So why the incessant moaning from fans saying people prefer 3pm Saturday kick offs?
For the same reason you started this thread. Some people just can't let it go and have to bring it up ad infinitum.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

ourla wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:34 am
ellis9 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:27 am So why the incessant moaning from fans saying people prefer 3pm Saturday kick offs?
For the same reason you started this thread. Some people just can't let it go and have to bring it up ad infinitum.
I only keep bringing it up to keep up with the Saturday 3pm brigade.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

ourla wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:34 am
And the question then becomes what is sadder, the people who do the "incessant moaning" or the person that constantly questions them?
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

ellis9 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:27 am

As you say, it's personal choice. So why the incessant moaning from fans saying people prefer 3pm Saturday kick offs? Whatever day a match is played, it will clash with other things.
So why the incessant bangin' on about it?
Semper in excretia
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Personally, dont see many banging on about having kick offs at 3-00pm on a Saturday.....times have moved on and kick offs are generally dictated by TV scheduling......most people are complaining about the times as they are unable to get to some of the games.
This has been debated and discussed several times and we need to accept that times have moved on and this is the way that things will be giing forward.
Dont believe that there is any further valued discussion to add to this thread so will be locked.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk