Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Toomua Call Up - Cake and Eat IT

Post by LE18 »

jgriffin wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:08 am
BFG wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:01 pm
RagingBull wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:03 pm Not sure what the academy generation has to do with it.

It’s the same with every other nations players who are of th same age might as well add back in my day in that statement to complete the entire image.
Outside of play by numbers is where the real quality is.
England select youngsters to play by numbers and try to teach other qualities, other nations select quality and try to teach it play by numbers.
If you can't see that then we are really struggling to communicate.
Watching Glaws v Briz tonight and it was shockingly dire, and it's not often Toby sounds bemused.
Someone said Toomua has been underused, I get that, but I'd possibly choose misused instead.
I'm not that surprised that he has chosen not to stay for longer, it doesn't actually look that enjoyable to play, but as a fan of rugby I am disappointed.
Glaws v Briz was interesting in a dire way. If you try something twice and it fails, keep trying the same thing. The back play reminded me of us in our MOC era lateral and static for much of the game. It was instructive to watch OW struggling to do anything constructive. He looked nothing like the player he was with us. If he'd come back cheaper, deffo 10/12 replacement and spend the marquee on a top forward.
Very poor ball skills in that match. Traynor's scummaging :smt010 :smt046
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: Toomua Call Up - Cake and Eat IT

Post by Soggypitch »

I see both Matt and Taf are on the bench for the Aussies tomorrow in Cardiff.

Come on you Wallabies!!

Just a shame they can't both lose.... :smt003
Soggypitch