Premiership Rugby Cup - Tigers vs Worcester

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Premiership Rugby Cup - Tigers vs Worcester

Post by Stu_F »

JP14 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:42 pm Does anyone think that Joe Heyes will get suspended? Does anyone who was in the Mattoli Woods/Holland and Barrett stand know what caused said incident.
Yes, I suspect he'll be cited and banned, probably rightly as he definitely threw at least a couple of punches at least one of which connected, we couldn't see how it was yellow not red. But I also suspect that Van Velze must have done something to instigate it.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Stu_F wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:43 pm
JP14 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:42 pm Does anyone think that Joe Heyes will get suspended? Does anyone who was in the Mattoli Woods/Holland and Barrett stand know what caused said incident.
Yes, I suspect he'll be cited and banned, probably rightly as he definitely threw at least a couple of punches at least one of which connected, we couldn't see how it was yellow not red. But I also suspect that Van Velze must have done something to instigate it.
Just as an aside, does anyone think like me, that Joe might be too tall for a prop? Reminds me of Sheridan, he had problems with his height. Would be be better as an 8?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

At 6 ft 3 Heyes is the same height as Coley. As a rule Tight heads are taller than loose heads that Sheridan tried to play
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Mark62 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:10 pm At 6 ft 3 Heyes is the same height as Coley. As a rule Tight heads are taller than loose heads that Sheridan tried to play
How frightening! In my day, if you wanted to be a prop, you had to be the same height* standing up as you were laying down!

(*No - I know not literally but you get the point!)
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Good to see Deacs honest take of the game.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

strawclearer wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:22 pm
Mark62 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:10 pm At 6 ft 3 Heyes is the same height as Coley. As a rule Tight heads are taller than loose heads that Sheridan tried to play
How frightening! In my day, if you wanted to be a prop, you had to be the same height* standing up as you were laying down!

(*No - I know not literally but you get the point!)
The days of Mightymouse and Ray McLaughlin are long gone I’m afraid
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

LE18 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:27 pm
Just as an aside, does anyone think like me, that Joe might be too tall for a prop? Reminds me of Sheridan, he had problems with his height. Would be be better as an 8?

It shouldn't be a problem longer term if the static strength is present but given that he is bigger then he will be tested for technique so his strength levels need to be right up there and being so young it'll put his body under increased pressure.
He and Leicester are possibly desparate to make it but it'd be sensible to fully mature and work on the body make up, keep the body fresh and possess longevity.
A bit young for me given the position.
You are only given one body so have to look after it, once something goes it's never the same!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Will he though? There is no footage to show what happened prior to the incident as there was only one camera. The ref yellow carded Heyes on what the assistant saw which wasn’t a lot. A lucky escape hopefully.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

JP14 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:43 pm
Will he though? There is no footage to show what happened prior to the incident as there was only one camera. The ref yellow carded Heyes on what the assistant saw which wasn’t a lot. A lucky escape hopefully.
Van Velze grabbed him round the neck and would not release him. Something the AR conveniently missed. He should have gone to the bin also but as the official only saw the punch by Heyes only he was carded. Someone earlier in the thread said that Van Velze had punched Heyes and he reacted. I didn't see that but maybe they had a view from a different / better angle.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

In short, Van Velse acted like a :censored then?
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:55 pm
JP14 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:43 pm
Van Velze grabbed him round the neck and would not release him. Something the AR conveniently missed. He should have gone to the bin also but as the official only saw the punch by Heyes only he was carded. Someone earlier in the thread said that Van Velze had punched Heyes and he reacted. I didn't see that but maybe they had a view from a different / better angle.

Just found the post I was referring to.
chewbacca wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:12 am
Worcester player repeatedly thumping Joe caused it. As ever lots to work on, Joe's right cross for one. Julian should be brought back for some coaching.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Mark62 this ain’t going to improve your opinion of Tuilagi...

https://twitter.com/alistokesrugby/stat ... 01925?s=21
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

JP14 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:44 am Mark62 this ain’t going to improve your opinion of Tuilagi...

Oh wow, Hill does seem to be a massive prospect. England have some good backrowers coming through with him and the likes of Mercer, Willis etc
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

JP14 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:44 am Mark62 this ain’t going to improve your opinion of Tuilagi...

Shock and horror, player gets tackled playing rugby, whatever next!!!
I was there and Fred was far from being the worst player on show, it didn't stop him trying and he didn't cry off.
Exactly the type of hard but fair play that used to upset mardy mark junior, Mummy he can't do that to me I'm a ball boy... :smt010
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Poor technique from Fred and great technique from Hill.