Premiership Rugby Cup - Tigers vs Worcester

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Premiership Rugby Cup - Tigers vs Worcester

Post by JP14 »

Here’s a chance to get revenge with Round 4’s defeat to the Warriors and I’m expecting Worcester to name a very strong side for this weekend’s fixture.

I’m thinking something like this:

1 Feao
2 Kerr
3 Heyes
4 Jordan
5 Lewis (I think Wells deserves a rest)
6 Tuilagi
7 Reffell
8 Mapapalangi
9 White
10 Hardwick
11 Apsland-Robinson
12 Worth
13 Smith
14 Olowofela
15 Owen
16 Mahoney
17 Gigena
18 Cortes
19 Lavin
20 Smith
21 Escurra
22 Costelow
23 Law
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership Rugby Cup - Tigers vs Worcester

Post by Mark62 »

I think you will see more of the intended side for Gloucester fed in over the next 2 weeks with both Spencer and Kitchener needing game time
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

I think that side would be hammered . We need to be getting combinations ready for the Gloucester game - lets hope MOC's lack of advance planning is a thing of the past.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

MikeR wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:00 am I think that side would be hammered . We need to be getting combinations ready for the Gloucester game - lets hope MOC's lack of advance planning is a thing of the past.
Couldn't agree more, Mike R. Whilst I applaud development of our youngsters we have to see the bigger picture. The Gloucester game will be difficult enough without having to field players who, whilst uninjured, are not fully match fit. Putting out "undercooked" players against Exeter was part of the reason for MOC's demise and rightly so. As Santayana said "He who forgets the past is condemned to repeat it."
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

15. Jordan Olowofela
14. Adam Thompstone
13. Gareth Owen
12. George Worth
11. Sam Apsland-Robinson
10. Tom Hardwick
9. Ben White
1. David Fea'o
2. Jake Kerr
3. Joe Heyes
4. Sam Lewis
5. Graham Kitchener
6. Valentino Mapalangi
7. Tommy Reffell
8. Freddie Tuilagi

16. Tatafu Polota-Nau
17. Facundo Gigena
18. Gaston Cortes
19. Cameron Jordan
20. Mike Fitzgerald
21. Sam Harrison
22. Joe Ford
23. Matt Smith
Last edited by TTRITH on Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

The real revenge game will be Worcester away honestly don’t care about this result.

Would go with
1. Faeo
2. Kerr
3. Heyes
4. Kitchener
5. Jordan
6. Lewis
7. Reffell
8. Mapapalangi
9. Harrison
10. Hardwick
11. Thompstone
12. Worth
13. Owen
14. Aspland-Robinson
15. Olowofela

16. Mahoney
17. Gigena
18. Cortes (if fit ma’afu If not)
19. Fitzgerald (if fit Tuilagi if not)
20. Smith
21. White
22. Ford
23. Smith
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Stick with it, rotate starting players and bench options wherever possible from those senior players who have not had much game time and returnees to provide some stability for the younger players to play off and show what they have got and go and win the game.
They had that opportunity on Saturday, some turned up and some didn't but importantly things were learned!
Young players who don't play don't develop OR find their level and we are just left with more questions than answers, if they don't perform then next years crop will be banging on the door.
I disagree about not caring about the game, it's an opportunity and the pressure to perform should be present.
Senior pro's shouldn't be undercooked for Gloucester, it's not pre-season, they should have a small rest to rid the body of the worst niggles where needed and then a good week or so training and be fresh for the next stretch of matches as it isn't just about the Gloucester match and it's not a cup final.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I wouldn't risk Telusa for this game whatever the state of his leg - if we need to give him game time ahead of Glaws then the following week would be ideal not this week. I would also apply that to other senior players - rest or bench this week and start next week.
Hehehehehehehehe
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

trendylfj wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:37 pm I wouldn't risk Telusa for this game whatever the state of his leg - if we need to give him game time ahead of Glaws then the following week would be ideal not this week. I would also apply that to other senior players - rest or bench this week and start next week.
I wasn't thinking... ruddy heck.

I also would not risk Telusa, even if he is fit; Thompstone it is. I've also picked Matt Smith twice... I mean I know he's got a Tardis but that would create a paradox. I meant to put Gareth Owen to start; with Smith on the bench.

I'm having a mare. Apparently Kitchener could have started and been on the bench.

I need a lay down. :smt030
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

TTRITH wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:47 pm
trendylfj wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:37 pm I wouldn't risk Telusa for this game whatever the state of his leg - if we need to give him game time ahead of Glaws then the following week would be ideal not this week. I would also apply that to other senior players - rest or bench this week and start next week.
I wasn't thinking... ruddy heck.

I also would not risk Telusa, even if he is fit; Thompstone it is. I've also picked Matt Smith twice... I mean I know he's got a Tardis but that would create a paradox. I meant to put Gareth Owen to start; with Smith on the bench.

I'm having a mare. Apparently Kitchener could have started and been on the bench.

I need a lay down. :smt030
hehehehe
Hehehehehehehehe
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Can see senior players being put on the bench to be utilised in the 2nd half perhaps.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

It doesn’t matter what team we put put really, last year’s match versus Bath showed that our development team are capable of upturning any senior side thrown at it. Yes we ultimately lost that match because of Chris Baumann and Freddie Burns acting like a cocky little :censored to a team made of players who he had barely played with and were not at all involved in the reason he left.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Anything like last round, Wuss will bring their 1st XV
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

jgriffin wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:58 pm Anything like last round, Wuss will bring their 1st XV
I was intrigued by their result and had a look at their previous team list against the Ospreys and was surprised to discover that they had made changes.
They appear to be building depth!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I might have to change my predicted matchday squad (as will others) as I have just learned that Mapapalangi (and Kalamafoni) have been selected by Tonga for the Autumn Internationals. But then again he might be available as this weekend is outside the test window isn’t it :smt017