Premiership Rugby Cup - Tigers vs Worcester

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Premiership Rugby Cup - Tigers vs Worcester

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Hope we don’t get nilled..strange feeling, getting a beating at home, but not massively bothered.. want our youngsters to get expooat a high level, but not be thrashed.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:28 pm Hope we don’t get nilled..strange feeling, getting a beating at home, but not massively bothered.. want our youngsters to get expooat a high level, but not be thrashed.
I think a few of them have come out with some credit tbh
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:56 pm
Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:28 pm Hope we don’t get nilled..strange feeling, getting a beating at home, but not massively bothered.. want our youngsters to get expooat a high level, but not be thrashed.
I think that is all that matters to be fair. Wuss had a really strong team out. To get experience against that strong team will be invaluable later in the season.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:06 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:56 pm
Agreed. My expectations were low tbh as soon as I saw their side. Hardwick deservedly got the fans MOM on the app.
I think that is all that matters to be fair. Wuss had a really strong team out. To get experience against that strong team will be invaluable later in the season.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

LE18 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:12 pm
JP14 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:05 pm
LE18 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:57 pm

:smt017 Have you forgotten we lost to them at home, with a stronger team than this one?
No, the Worcester team was about the same and I did say “hop[e]”.

People get really shot down for optimism on this forum.
I'm not shooting you down, just questioning your optimism? Yes Worcs are about same strength, but Tigers are weaker and the effort and pace Worcs put into the first match does not look to me like we can give them a "whalloping". :smt001
Still not shooting you down, but I really think you need to look at a team's strength before making such a wish.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Thought Hardwick especially and Kerr can hold their heads up high. Tuilagi... well he never gave up and made pretty decent yardage despite being really manhandled by Sam Lewis on the occasion. Spencer was good too.

Brett Deacon gave a really good interview with BBC Radio Leicester afterwards, really honest and kept his cool too when asked about the ref.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

LE18 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:09 pm Still not shooting you down, but I really think you need to look at a team's strength before making such a wish.
Yeah okay I was foolish I’ll take that on the chin, I was expecting a Bath scenario like last year but oh well. Experience gained from this will be invaluable.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:53 pm Schonert doesn't want to scrummage and is pulling Gigena down at every scrum but Sir, who has been pretty awful all round, seems to be seeing something very different to the rest of us.
Pleased I wasn't the only one thinking that today.

You're being kind saying he was pretty awful, not responsible for the loss
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:19 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:53 pm Schonert doesn't want to scrummage and is pulling Gigena down at every scrum but Sir, who has been pretty awful all round, seems to be seeing something very different to the rest of us.
Pleased I wasn't the only one thinking that today.

You're being kind saying he was pretty awful, not responsible for the loss , but he was £$%^
I can't use expletives in pleasant company. He was :censored: awful though. I do, tbh, feel a little sorry for the refs in this competition as they have no backup from the TMO and they are getting exposed to reffing games in front of much bigger crowds than they are used to.

I get the feeling that Fred Tuilagi may be the next Marmite player for many fans. I didn't think he did that bad today. He worked and tried hard, carried lots, although he didn't make many metres.

In terms of Schonert, I'd have loved to have seen him against Genge in the league game earlier in the season. Neither Schonert nor Black seem to want to scrummage. I'd like to think that Genge would be strong enough to keep his bind up again Schonert's attempts to pull him down with Coley locking the scrum out on the other side and giving Ellis the chance to attack Schonert.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I don’t think we’ll get any stats from ESPN but I’m pretty sure Tuilagi made around 35 metres over the gainline, a chunk of that from his well-taken interception and a great leg drive carry from a broken off maul.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I wasn’t at the game so can only comment on what I’ve seen before. The biggest issue I have had previously with Freddie T is that for his size he does not have the impact either offensively or defensively in relation to his size.
If as JP14 says he made 35 meters how many of those were from the interception and how many carrys did he have in total
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Does anyone think that Joe Heyes will get suspended? Does anyone who was in the Mattoli Woods/Holland and Barrett stand know what caused said incident.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Was at the game. Yes, ref woeful but so was the tackling and defence from Tigers. Sorry, every game should matter to whoever pulls on the shirt. Fans deserve far more when they make the effort to support. So what if Worcester had a strong team out: if players really aspire to play at the top level they should grab the opportunity. Today only Hardwick, Possibly Kerr played with any conviction. The backs just waved Worcester through and if Gatland watches this then we needn’t worry about Holmes being selected for Wales or was that the idea! Many fans around me were shaking their heads at the continuing, sad decline of our once great club. We will continue to support the team but come on, give us something to cheer.
Yes we won the second half but the basic errors that have blight us for the last few seasons have not been ironed out. Still we can save money on new tackle bags because they remain as new as the first day they were bought!
Wake up lads or it will be us in a relegation dog fight come the end of the Six Nations.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Ian Cant wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:39 pm Was at the game. Yes, ref woeful but so was the tackling and defence from Tigers. Sorry, every game should matter to whoever pulls on the shirt. Fans deserve far more when they make the effort to support. So what if Worcester had a strong team out: if players really aspire to play at the top level they should grab the opportunity. Today only Hardwick, Possibly Kerr played with any conviction. The backs just waved Worcester through and if Gatland watches this then we needn’t worry about Holmes being selected for Wales or was that the idea! Many fans around me were shaking their heads at the continuing, sad decline of our once great club. We will continue to support the team but come on, give us something to cheer.
Yes we won the second half but the basic errors that have blight us for the last few seasons have not been ironed out. Still we can save money on new tackle bags because they remain as new as the first day they were bought!
Wake up lads or it will be us in a relegation dog fight come the end of the Six Nations.
Amen.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

However Ian I don’t think today’s result will mean that we will be in a relegation fight come the end of March, that was over-the-top.