Leicester united together...thoughts are with you!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Leicester united together...thoughts are with you!

Post by Tigerbeat »

Breaking news that the helicopter belonging to the Leicester City Chairman has crashed at the King Power. Our thoughts go out to all involved and hope that they managed to escape after the crash.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: Leicester united together...thoughts are with you!

Post by Big Dai »

+1
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Ben Jacobs (local journalist) has spoken to King Power, confirming the Chairman was on board, apparently his son the Vice Chairman was in Thailand but so far nothing is confirmed, really hope they were able to get out before the fire engulfed it
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

+1 more.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

My thoughts are with all involved or connected, Green, White and Red stands shoulder to shoulder with the Blue & White army tonight.
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:35 pmreally hope they were able to get out before the fire engulfed it
Hope there's some good news to come out of this but it doesn't look good.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

A tweet from Nick Mullins which I feel bears repeating here...

"Before every match Vichai leaves a bottle of whisky and glasses in the King Power’s memorial garden for families to toast lost ones. The helicopter arrived as we were leaving. The best owner a club could hope for."
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

I don't think it can be overstated how loved Vichai and his family are by Leicester City fans, they are the most generous people you could ever wish for to own a football club, no expense has been spared on field or off.

It should also be noted that they have given extremely generously to local hospitals and charities without ever seeking publicity for it.

as I write this on Saturday night nothing is yet confirmed but its probably safe to assume that the owner was aboard his own helicopter, whilst I hope for a miracle I cannot help but fear the worst and I'm not ashamed to say I've shed more than one tear.

If our worst fears are confirmed then thank you simply doesn't do it justice to how grateful we are to him and much we will miss Vichai, he wasn't born into Leicester fandom but he has become one of our own and clearly proud of it.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I absolutely despise the sport but my heart goes out to my City supporters as Vichai has done so much for the club and the local area, he was truly really loved by the fans and players like. Such a tragedy.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone at the Leicester City Family.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I used to go to filbert Street in the early 70s with my dad in the days of Weller, Worthington Nish et al but once rugby got into my blood I never really followed the team other than checking the results and watching the odd play off game from Wembley on the telly.

Then came that season and like many Leicester sports fans I sat up and took notice when it seemed that the impossible would become possible and doing a Leicester entered the vocabulary.

All the headlines were about Raniere, Vardy, kante and Mahrez, but non of this would have been possible without this unassuming man.
Friends that travelled to Europe the following seasons would come back with stories and photos of him mixing with the fans. We are now reading of donations to local charity’s and hospitals and I find the one about the whiskey and glasses before each home game particularly moving.
It would seem this city has lost a great adopted son, let us hope that his son continues with his legacy and as a great sporting city we unite behind the Foxes and their supporters
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Fine sentiments Mark62 which I echo - although I'm from the Banks, Stringfellow and Keyworth days!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

A very sad day for all Leicester sports fans. Tragic for all the families involved.
Soggypitch
ghdav27

Post by ghdav27 »

Terribly sad news. My thoughts are with the families and friends of those involved.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

The word “tragedy” doesn’t do enough to describe this incredibly sad accident. I’m a proud Leicester lad supporting Tigers first but always follow the City, County, Riders, Lions and the ladies’ Lightning teams and this wonderful chairman has done so much for Leicester City FC, the City and the whole community. Our thoughts are with his family, the pilot’s family and all those on the helicopter.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Club Statement: Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha

It is with the deepest regret and a collective broken heart that we confirm our Chairman, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, was among those to have tragically lost their lives on Saturday evening when a helicopter carrying him and four other people crashed outside King Power Stadium. None of the five people on-board survived.

The primary thoughts of everyone at the Club are with the Srivaddhanaprabha family and the families of all those on-board at this time of unspeakable loss.

In Khun Vichai, the world has lost a great man. A man of kindness, of generosity and a man whose life was defined by the love he devoted to his family and those he so successfully led. Leicester City was a family under his leadership. It is as a family that we will grieve his passing and maintain the pursuit of a vision for the Club that is now his legacy.

A book of condolence, which will be shared with the Srivaddhanaprabha family, will be opened at King Power Stadium from 8am on Tuesday 30 October for supporters wishing to pay their respects.

Supporters unable to visit King Power Stadium that wish to leave a message can do so through an online book of condolence, which will be made available via lcfc.com in due course.

Both Tuesday’s First Team fixture against Southampton in the EFL Cup and the Development Squad fixture against Feyenoord in the Premier League International Cup have been postponed.

Everyone at the Club has been truly touched by the remarkable response of the football family, whose thoughtful messages of support and solidarity have been deeply appreciated at this difficult time.