Post by Chobbsy »

This is a subscriber only article, can you cut and paste it please
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Pat Howard leaving Aus Cricket in 2019

Post by fortysix »

Certainly, it will be difficult for him in Australia..
Methinks a period back where everybody loves him could be very beneficial to his health and sanity..
Whoever could forget the Howard dance on the tables in the bar in Pau when we stuffed the locals....
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Think Pat coming in as a Consultant would help everybody. A boost to the morale, a relatively big name in the set but keeps the stability of the current set up.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
PeteK
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PeteK »

Send the man a blank cheque...
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Howard, a great 12, a successful DOR and head coach at Tigers and above all a super bloke, but he is the past, Geordan is the future, if in a years time we are moving in the right direction we have no need of any consultant and no self respecting Head Coach is going to welcome interference from a new source above him, particularly one that has not been involved in English Rugby (or even rugby) for eleven years.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

johnthegriff wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:02 am Howard, a great 12, a successful DOR and head coach at Tigers and above all a super bloke, but he is the past, Geordan is the future, if in a years time we are moving in the right direction we have no need of any consultant and no self respecting Head Coach is going to welcome interference from a new source above him, particularly one that has not been involved in English Rugby (or even rugby) for eleven years.
I agree.

This sort of reaction seems to be common. Any ex-Tiger associated with our long successful era that comes available or may be available or even in some cases where they clearly are not available, seems to get called out as a panacea to our current fall from grace. Meanwhile a few others call for the direct opposite. Not that we should restrict such views, however ill thought out.

I am sure Murphy will have is eye out for anyone that can help bring success back to Tigers anyhow.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

You wonder? I wish!!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Experience is never in the past, it is always gained from the past. If Pat Howard can bring a 'recovery' dimension to the Tigers, bring him in!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

If he were to come back I would hope it would be in a similar role to Richards at Falcons with Geordan continuing as head coach.
Continuity is needed as per Saracens and Exeter
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

ourla wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:26 am
johnthegriff wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:02 am Howard, a great 12, a successful DOR and head coach at Tigers and above all a super bloke, but he is the past, Geordan is the future, if in a years time we are moving in the right direction we have no need of any consultant and no self respecting Head Coach is going to welcome interference from a new source above him, particularly one that has not been involved in English Rugby (or even rugby) for eleven years.
I agree.

This sort of reaction seems to be common. Any ex-Tiger associated with our long successful era that comes available or may be available or even in some cases where they clearly are not available, seems to get called out as a panacea to our current fall from grace. Meanwhile a few others call for the direct opposite. Not that we should restrict such views, however ill thought out.

I am sure Murphy will have is eye out for anyone that can help bring success back to Tigers anyhow.
I wasn’t thinking as a coach but maybe more as a Humphreys role.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

I agree with a lot of what is written here.

I think the big challenge for Geordie was articulated well at the forum where he was introduced.

Namely, the successful 2 clubs in our league are very innovative in terms of bringing new ways of thinking into the way they do everything. Sarries in particular. Whilst not wanting to copy, being leaders in ways of thinking and training, as Exeter and Sarries are is a big part of their success.......

its not everything, but its a big part..........

Where does Geordie and team get their external influences from?
Less is more....
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

I agree with John, whereas I would welcome Pat Howard back at Tigers then the ideal place is on the Board of Directors alongside Ben Kay & Rory on the Playing Executive. :smt023