Cips ban

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Cips ban

Post by Soggypitch »

3 weeks for his red card. Presumably that means he's ok to play in the Prem v Tigers on Nov 16th? Damn!
Soggypitch
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Cips ban

Post by sapajo »

A 3 week ban works out well for him and Glos. I must say that I cannot understand why Celebriani with his disciplinary record gets 3 weeks yet Spencer who had an exemplary disciplinary record got 4 weeks for an identical infringment :smt017

The RFU Discipinary Process is literally a joke and just like its Referee's lacks any semblance of consistency. :smt011
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

sapajo wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:41 am A 3 week ban works out well for him and Glos. I must say that I cannot understand why Celebriani with his disciplinary record gets 3 weeks yet Spencer who had an exemplary disciplinary record got 4 weeks for an identical infringment :smt017

The RFU Discipinary Process is literally a joke and just like its Referee's lacks any semblance of consistency. :smt011
Don't say that !!!! you will have your ban increased
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Soggypitch wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:52 am 3 weeks for his red card. Presumably that means he's ok to play in the Prem v Tigers on Nov 16th? Damn!
I thought the card was harsh, let alone a 3 week ban :(
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Flash

Post by Flash »

sapajo wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:41 am A 3 week ban works out well for him and Glos. I must say that I cannot understand why Celebriani with his disciplinary record gets 3 weeks yet Spencer who had an exemplary disciplinary record got 4 weeks for an identical infringment :smt017

Guess the guilty plea/remorse got the extra game off
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Better than last time when the distinguished panel spent who knows how many hours deciding that yes he did bring the game into disrepute, but no they weren't going to do anything about it. In my personal opinion Rory Scannell’s head made contact with Danny's shoulder not the other way round, and he should have stayed on the pitch.
shedhead1

Post by shedhead1 »

Shedhead 1 here
Not a one eyed Glawwss view - the refs descision was abosutely nonsense and subjective - Glaws were sure that the descision would be dismissed but alas no.

Lets see what the future holds - I hope Cips isnt targeted as a result of this.
Bob
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:00 pm Better than last time when the distinguished panel spent who knows how many hours deciding that yes he did bring the game into disrepute, but no they weren't going to do anything about it. In my personal opinion Rory Scannell’s head made contact with Danny's shoulder not the other way round, and he should have stayed on the pitch.
The Jan 2017 law change made accidental contact a discretionary offence, and intentional contact yellow (slipping up) or red (targeting). It also made neck rolls intentional offences. The latter has never been enforced and is common in the Prem, and epidemic elsewhere. The move to enforce red for ALL contact is IMO a farce. Cipriani was stuffed by slo-mo - the player hit him while buckling /ducking, which would have made a chest tackle an offence.
Every week most matches throughout rugby will have moments like this, totally unpunished (and rightly so, in the spirit of the 2017 changes).
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

If you look at my OP I never said Cips deserved a red card or a ban at all. I was just discussing his potential unavailability or otherwise for our match v Glouc on the 16th. As it happens I think he was very harshly treated, as was Nathan Hughes, which I posted about in the relevant thread.

Have you seen this article on Lozowski?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union ... th-africa/

Again it is almost unbelievable what is going on in presently in hearings and with punishments....

Back to Cips again however, if Lozowsli is being told that Saracens match in the Prem Cup should not count towards his two week ban, effectively extending his ban by a week, would the same apply to Cips, which would mean he wasn't available for the 16th?

Again I'm not saying that would be right, just asking what actually may happen.
Soggypitch
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Soggypitch wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:37 pm
Have you seen this article on Lozowski?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union ... th-africa/

Again it is almost unbelievable what is going on in presently in hearings and with punishments....

Back to Cips again however, if Lozowsli is being told that Saracens match in the Prem Cup should not count towards his two week ban, effectively extending his ban by a week, would the same apply to Cips, which would mean he wasn't available for the 16th?

Again I'm not saying that would be right, just asking what actually may happen.
Lozowski is in the england squad so would have been away at the train camp for most of the week like our boys, so it’s very unlikely he would have been in the team as he would barely have trained with them. As where cips however unlikely could have trained with the match day team and get selected.