Telusa Veainu

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Baz

Telusa Veainu

Post by Baz »

Does anyone actually know what IS wrong with Telusa?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Telusa Veainu

Post by Mark62 »

Still going through return to play concussion protocols. There have been pictures of him training wearing a pink bib which means no physical contact
Baz

Post by Baz »

Thanks. I didn't realise it had been so severe.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

It's been speculated by other posters on other threads that it may not just be solely concussion but that it has something to do with the badly broken jaw he suffered. I have no evidence that this is so but it may explain why he has been out so long i.e. they may be taking extra precautions because of it.

I just hope it's nothing more serious and we see him back soon. Who knows he may get a run out in the new cup competition that starts next weekend.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:50 am It's been speculated by other posters on other threads that it may not just be solely concussion but that it has something to do with the badly broken jaw he suffered. I have no evidence that this is so but it may explain why he has been out so long i.e. they may be taking extra precautions because of it.

I just hope it's nothing more serious and we see him back soon. Who knows he may get a run out in the new cup competition that starts next weekend.
Could be some truth in it was a nasty break against Munster but I get the feeling he isn’t far away and Holmes and Olowefela form means no rush.

Tom Cruise got similarly falconed for Wasps yesterday
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Jaw seemed to be working fine when he bombed Manu at MoM presentation.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:17 pm Jaw seemed to be working fine when he bombed Manu at MoM presentation.
True but there's a massive difference between running up to someone with no contact and playing a top flight game of rugby in which you will take head knocks.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

He has had more concussions than is healthy over the past few seasons, as we have seen with far too many players recently, best to leave as long as required.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:46 pm He has had more concussions than is healthy over the past few seasons, as we have seen with far too many players recently, best to leave as long as required.
Genuine question- How many has he had?
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:25 pm
Big Dai wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:17 pm Jaw seemed to be working fine when he bombed Manu at MoM presentation.
True but there's a massive difference between running up to someone with no contact and playing a top flight game of rugby in which you will take head knocks.
I said his jaw was working, nothing about the state of his head.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
KevinR

Post by KevinR »

Geordan said that he was fit and could have played on Friday, but they decided not to force the issue and give him another week.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

KevinR wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:36 pm Geordan said that he was fit and could have played on Friday, but they decided not to force the issue and give him another week.
He also said he will get some game time in the Prem cup over the next couple of weeks, seems like someone actually managing his playing squad, a refreshing approach